Hasegawa VF-0 heads

KnightBernabeu

the heads are swappable between fighter variants... but I believe the necks are extended for battroid mode and compressed for fighter... but I've never built the VF-0 Battroid, so grain of salt.

In short, no. In long:

The battroid heads are interchangeable, though the kit only provides you one polycap to attach to the neck ball joint.

The fighter mode head is not articulated (save for the head turret); the head and neck are molded together, with the neck in a "collapsed" form. It fits to the underside of the fighter via a square/rectangular peg.

The two kits' heads (+ neck) aren't easily interchangeable, but you can probably manage it without too much trouble so long as you're comfortable with modding/scratchbuilding.

Sanding time... As an aside, the its worse for the VF-1 as the heads in fighter mode are actually smaller! I modded a J head with battle damage in Battroid mode then wanting to convert it back to undamaged and found my fighter J side cannons were WAY smaller than the Head side cannons on the Battroid, the same was try for the D and S models!

I have one of every 1/72 so I may have spare heads for the VF-0A and 0S

I have a VF-0A/S with Ghosts version, I could swap the VF-0A Fighter head for your VF-0A Battroid head

Edited by NZEOD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...