Macross Delta Scramble... Working on Translation Guide

Zoroastres

Most up-to-date version of (still in-progress) translation guide HERE.

Web version w/ photo-translation is HERE.

I've gone ahead and set up a web-version of the guide, which should be easier to access (and navigate) than the GoogleDocs version. Here's the table of contents (just click on the links to access). Please note that the guide is still very much NOT FINISHED. Also note that the GoogleDocs version will always be 100% up-to-date with my current progress, whereas the web version (and, eventually, GameFAQs version) will only be updated infrequently. In other words, unless absolutely necessary, PLEASE use the GoogleDocs version.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

GAME INFORMATION

CONTROLS

GAMEPLAY TIPS

MAIN MENU

CUSTOMIZING YOUR PLAYER CHARACTERS

MISSION MENUS

HANGAR MENU

SHOP MENU

OPTIONS MENU

STORY PREMISE

CHARACTERS

CHAOS AIRCRAFT

WINDERMERE AIRCRAFT

EXTRA AIRCRAFT

DLC AIRCRAFT

CHAOS CHARACTERS

WINDERMERE CHARACTERS

EXTRA CHARACTERS

SUPPORT SET BONUSES

WINDERMERE MISSIONS

CHAOS MISSIONS

EXTRA MISSIONS

DLC MISSIONS

PILOTS

SUPPORTERS

AIRCRAFT

TUNING LIMITER RELEASE

TROPHIES

DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

UPDATE LOG

CREDITS and ACKNOWLEDGMENTS

Edited by Zoroastres

• 2 weeks later...

Fighter Stats:

* HP

* Defense

* Speed

* Boost

* Maneuverability/turning

* Radar

The five things in the bottom are the individual weapons (IE gunpods, missiles, etc.). These will differ for each unit.

----

Walkures Stats:

Support Modifiers

?? +5 | æ ¼? +5 | ?å‹• +5

Defense +5 | Concentration +5 | ?? +5

Set Bonus

Walkure ... ?????

I'll do my best for now ... Defense, Maneuverability/turning

Support Skill

U~n, kyawawa! SP Cost: 3

Recovers 2000 HP

---

You can actually take screenshots on the Vita by pressing the home button and start button simultaneously. Several of those kanji were too blurred for me to decipher, but I did my best.

I imagine that, like M30, there are several support skills to play with, so translating all of those out will have to wait until I get back. As for there being three lineup options, I have no idea. I don't see anything G like that in the menus screenshots here. If I had to guess, I'd say it affects the set bonuses as there is no option to change supports mid battle.

Edited by Zoroastres

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it'll be up sometime tomorrow. It would have been ready today, but OpenOffice just crashed so hard it uninstalled itself from my PC. I didn't even know that was possible.

The DLC does come out tomorrow, but I'm not gonna bother writing anything up for it until I've finished with the base stuff, as it seems several folks just don't want to bother with playing the game on a Japanese PSN account.

Two more screens. First the Fighter Stats and second the Walkure Stats (anybody know why you have 3 lineup options and how to change them during battle?) Thanks.

Fighter stats screen

For the Walkures support Stats, it's:

shooting +5 melee +5 maneuverability +5

Defense +5 focus +5 spirit +15

And that's all I know because I can only read kanji due to know Chinese.

....And it's up!

Obviously it isn't finished yet, but I do have all/most of the support set bonuses listed. The rest should be done in a week or so, depending on how much of a pain in the ass the DLC ends up being. I've already noted that the 1.02 update is not compatible with older saves, so there's already one delay.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a few points and a request

1) On the 5th page of version 0.75, the first paragraph is for the PS3 game and should probably be not included in the translation guide.

2) On the same page, maybe we can mention controls using a PS3 and PS4 controller if the game is being played on the PS Vita TV (PS TV).

L = L1

R = R1

Touchscreen (Target Lock On/Off) = R2

Touchscreen (Issue Orders) = L2

3) On page 6, the 2nd "Active Support Skill" should be "Special Attack".  And the "Special Attack - Circle + Cross" should be deleted?  (This doesn't do anything).  I'm not to sure about SP Cost.

4) On the 22nd page Controls Screen picture, D-Pad Right + Select / Share (PS4) is "Remove Fast Pack / Armor" instead of (Change Sub Weapon)

AND FOR MY REQUEST...

5) Can anyone Translate the "Comand Ally" / "Issue Orders" commands?  I think there are 3 different commands.

Again, thank you Zoroastres for the Translation Guide.

Thanks for sending me a PM of your post, Bub. I don't really check in on MWF too regularly (or any online community, for that matter) so the best way to reach me is always to contact me directly. MWF private messages are forwarded directly to my email address, PMs or direct emails are always the best way to reach me. Especially if you want a quick response (otherwise you may be waiting months....)

Anyway, as I said in my PM reply, thanks for catching all that! It's a little embarassing that some M30 content got left in the guide. I'd copy/pasted the M30 guide for formatting parity, and thought for certain I'd deleted all the M30 stuff as I went through it. Oh well: mistakes happen. Especially when I'm at the helm. Re: the ally command translations, I don't have my Vita this week (waiting on a new charger cable... hopefully the battery ain't busted) so I can't check that very quickly. I thought I'd already translated them? And all the menu stuff? Regardless, if there's anything that's not translated that you want me to translate, let me know, and in the case of the ally commands, I can translate those for you right away if you can share a screenshot, otherwise wait a couple days (until Friday or Saturday).

So almost unlocked (at least in the shop) everything, including the paid dlc.

Going to see if my sister will help me translate the support skills this weekend.

Also I'm not sure what the limits (fourth option in the shop and bottom window in the main menu) do, except the last one cause after getting all three (each cost 10K) I was able to use any pilot/plane/support in any mission. This included the main and windmere campaigns. They seemed to pop up once I completed all the missions.

12 hours ago, Bub said:

According to playasia, the fourth option is the "Limiter Release".  I haven't unlocked this myself.

Makes sense, since during the starting playthrough I could only use planes/supports from Kaos during the main story and Windmerian planes/support during that campaign until I beat them. Didn't notice the limit unlocks until I was on the last of the windmere missions (and beat most of the extras).

• 1 month later...

If I didn't remember the Iphone commercial. Forgot that Google has image translators now...

In order of images the orders are: Free Battle, Concetrated attack, distrubuted attack

Now the last sysbol in each image is a bit hard to read so not sure if the program is getting it. I'll try and get a shot myself later.

I'll start getting the DLC supports tonight, holy hera I'm stoked.

So since I remebered that in the translation guide there is a picture of the main menu I grabbed it and ran the Limit section thru. Left to right they are: Campaign restriction lifting, terrain restction cancellation, skill limit release

I did a second playthrough recently and the limits are open in left to right order. Not sure on the skill release. Campaign release is obvicious, it allows you to use all the planes/pilot/supports you've unlocked in the other campaigns.

Terrian restriction my theory is I noticed that I couldn't go into fighter mode with certain aircraft if I had a fast pack on. It might be a type of difficulty setting, making it easier if you earned the right.

I can test it later, but not reseting my game a thrid+ time until I get all the trophies first as that all SS is going to be a pain.

Edited by Focslain