Wow...the Switch to surpass Wii U lifetime sales IN A YEAR?! Zelda BOTW also on track to become the HIGHEST selling in the franchise.

How far is everyone in Super Mario Odyssey?

I'm about 25 hours in....416 moons.

BTW...sooo many games coming out within a week:

Doom: 11/10

L.A. Noire: 11/14

Skyrim: 11/17

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

There's only one there I'm interested in.

None for me, since I own all three on PC.

But hey, Shin Megami Tensei 5. Even if it's a way off yet.

As for Mario Odyssey, my dad tells me he put it on my bed last time he stopped in to check on my house... in the States. While I'm still living out of a hotel in the dullest neighborhood in Shenzhen, China (that'd be Pingshan, if you're wondering). Really looking forward to playing it and Fire Emblem Warriors when I get back next week. And a bunch of non-Switch games that came out while I was gone.

Speaking of the three, my doom copy showed up and I had a 2 hour download wait which drove me nuts so I didn’t get to touch it until this morning. Now mind you I haven’t touched this installment on other consoles and I wanna ask, anyone else ever notice the controls are extremely sensitive like you’re in hyper mode? I tap my right stick a bit and I basically do a half circle. Or I blaze thru a portion of the map in a second like I’m sonic. I had a huge issue trying to hit my targets cause I’m everywhere.I looked at the controls settings and they’re only at 20%! If that’s 20% what the hell is 100%? Ultra instinct?!

Even the smoothness is to smooth so this and the basic controls I pushed down significantly to make it feel more natural.....like I’m playing Halo!

i was a bit worried as a FPS for next gens that it would be buggy or really downgraded on something like the switch but it’s not bad at all.

2 hours ago, Hikuro said:

Even the smoothness is to smooth so this and the basic controls I pushed down significantly to make it feel more natural.....like I’m playing Halo!

i was a bit worried as a FPS for next gens that it would be buggy or really downgraded on something like the switch but it’s not bad at all.

Movement, turning, etc. are tuned differently for both.

Halo has always been a console shooter, and the slower turning speed helps to compensate for the reduced accuracy of an analog stick. Up 'til like Halo 4 or 5, too, the games tended to run at 30 frames per second.

Doom is impressively well-adjusted for consoles, but I have the feeling it was developed with PCs in mind, thus having a higher default turning speed. It also plays at 60 frames per second, which tends to make things "feel" like they're moving faster, especially if you're used to mainly playing Halo.

Then there's the FOV... I don't know what the exact FOV values are for both franchises, but I would imagine that Doom has a higher FOV than Halo, which would also present the gamer with more on-screen information, making things seem even faster-paced.

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Not only that, they're also re-releasing Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 as well.

Awesome...getting all three as I missed out on the Wii (U) versions.

1 hour ago, Sildani said:

Finally secured my Switch! Has the blue and red Joy-cons though, which is a bummer. 

Oh? I'd much rather have that than the matte gray controllers, if for no other reason than they would be easier to find.

Got my brother a SNES Classic from Gamestop earlier today. Cashier was pretty cool, let me have the last one in stock that he'd been reserving for himself because they would be getting a shipment early next week anyway. I'm gonna let my wallet recuperate for a few paychecks, then finally - FINALLY - I'll be able to snag myself a Switch.

...or maybe I should get it for the kids first. Or then again, they're already getting a PS4 Pro. Then again then again, the Switch's library would probably be the better choice for living room play. Maybe let them take the PS4 into their room, put the Switch in the living room for the little ones to play Mario and Sonic on?

Hm...

No kidding? That’s cool, honestly. 

Its mainly annoying because one of my employees got me a Skyrim vinyl skin for my Switch and it has a couple skins for the Joy-cons - but they’re only for the front, and having the dark greys and blues of Skyrim combined with Technicolor blue and red on the Cons just... doesn’t... work. 

I've been seeing Switches in stock off and on. I know TRU had some last Friday when I stopped.

I didn't pay attention to Switches today, but I stopped at Target for diapers and they happened to have SNES Classics in stock, so I went home with one.