58 minutes ago, kanedaestes said:

Cloud saves confirmed. Just got my Switch back from repair and my Zelda save data needed to be downloaded. I took a video and will try and upload later 

What was your Switch getting repaired for? Joy-cons or warping?

I forget how, but there was confirmation that somewhere in the Switch's deep-down software, a cloud-save feature exists. There are rumors that it'll be enabled as part of the Nintendo subscription service.

It's kind of a bummer, since there's no other way to take your gamesaves off the console.

http://www.thejimquisition.com/whats-nintendos-frakking-problem/

EDIT:

That being said, I didn't really care for the NES Classic and probably won't care for the SNES Classic, either. I'd have been interested if the NES-C was more than just an emulation box. Physical media, maybe, and/or exclusive artwork. But nope, it's just something I can already get for free on my PC or even make for cheap with a DIY computer like a Raspberry Pi.

Edited by kajnrig

On 4/24/2017 at 10:42 AM, Mommar said:

Wouldn't it be easier to just make new Gradius and Castlevania games instead?

Probably, but Konami hates console videogames and people who play them instead of mobile game microtransaction cash grabs.

Haven't purchased a Sonic game since III.

That new one looks pretty interesting...I'm not too familiar with the 3D titles, I've just heard they're not very good. 

59 minutes ago, UN Spacy said:

Haven't purchased a Sonic game since III.

That new one looks pretty interesting...I'm not too familiar with the 3D titles, I've just heard they're not very good. 

It's made or headed by someone who started out as a fan creator, who (I think) did a fan remake or some such thing of Sonic that was very well-received, especially compared with whoever made Sonic 4. I'm not too sure on the ins and outs, but the important thing is that this game is supposed to be 2D only, and people think it looks really good. Me, I've never been a big Sonic fan anyhow, so I'll leave it up to those who are to judge it. I think the same individual is also working on a 3D Sonic game as well.

I just finished unlocking everything in Wonder Boy 3: Dragon's Trap.

It was totally worth the 20 bucks and it ran beautifully on the switch in both mobile and docked modes. But then again it's an entirely 2D game hehe.

After playing wonderboy all the other remakes I've seen feel so... meh in comparison lol

I think I'm pretty close to finishing Wonder Boy now.  One thing I noticed they didn't get right between the original and the remake is that the original takes into account that he's right handed and depending on if he's facing left or right the sword will always be on the right side.  So when facing tot he right the sword id closest to the screen, when facing left the sword is blocked by the body/shield.  They didn't do this in the remake version.

So is the Switch still supposed to be a hard to find item? I just went to Target to get toddler supplies and I swing by the electronics section it of habit. They had at least three green and two neons in stock.

Edited by mikeszekely

It's become easier as stock gets out but they are getting snatched up quick too. Especially with Mario Kart about to drop. 

Also this:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/04/26/nintendo-switch-will-be-back-in-stock-at-gamestop-stores-this-week

Edited by kanedaestes

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

I think I'm pretty close to finishing Wonder Boy now.  One thing I noticed they didn't get right between the original and the remake is that the original takes into account that he's right handed and depending on if he's facing left or right the sword will always be on the right side.  So when facing tot he right the sword id closest to the screen, when facing left the sword is blocked by the body/shield.  They didn't do this in the remake version.

holy crap I never noticed that O_O

that's crazy attention to detail in the original. Maybe they didn't want to make two sets of animations for both sides in the remake :(

22 minutes ago, Duymon said:

holy crap I never noticed that O_O

that's crazy attention to detail in the original. Maybe they didn't want to make two sets of animations for both sides in the remake :(

Which I find disappointing given how great the rest of the game looks.