I only just ran into my very first Lynel (only the Blue Variety) and your strategy worked though I couldn't hop on his back for whatever reason.  It was hardly worth breaking my Guardian Axe+ for (or consuming the Attack and Defense power up food) and the drop wasn't anything special.  I have much better weapons already.

34 minutes ago, kanedaestes said:

From what my coworkers say the lynel monster parts are needed for bigger better things later on so it's best to far early. Granted you may already be at a point you don't need it anyway 

Only things I've needed Lynel parts for thus far is is Barbarian set upgrades. You need to start hitting white lynels to get decent drop rate on Lynel guts for the 3rd and 4th levels.

The biggest draw is when you fight white / silver lynels they drop 2H clubs that do like 78 base dmg. (Spears do like 30 and 1h sword is 58)

2017031923221300-F1C11A22FAEE3B82F21B330E1B786A39.thumb.jpg.341343744f71e524b731cc8fe3b144b2.jpg

The lynel bows are all multishot, with savage lynel bows offering 32 x 3 at a minimum. Multishot arrows are the bomb when you use special arrows. Why settle for 1 ancient arrow when you can fire up to five. On a side note,  lynels drop 1-2 10x shock arrow bundles per kill which is why I have so many god damn lightning arrows :0

2017031923223000-F1C11A22FAEE3B82F21B330E1B786A39.thumb.jpg.00a2faa9463e3320615d433179cf268b.jpg

Shields are nothing to call home for, but they are tough shields

2017031923224300-F1C11A22FAEE3B82F21B330E1B786A39.thumb.jpg.12b81b7bf095bd42f44de40d3f112d06.jpg

Edited by Duymon

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Damn, you have a lot of arrows.  I run out so fast still.

I guess the one benefit to killing that first Lynel was that I could upgrade the Barbarian Helm for the first time.

If you happen to have a lot of rupies that beetle dude has different inventories for every stable he's at, meaning you can load up on arrows really quick. Like you can buy 30-ish arrows at each stable and have like 150+ arrows in no time :D

2 hours ago, Duymon said:

Only things I've needed Lynel parts for thus far is is Barbarian set upgrades.

The Soldier's Helm/Armor/Greaves that you can buy in Hateno Village use Lynel parts, too... I'm just not sure how necessary they are, because they have the same defense rating as the Ancient Helm/Armor/Greaves but unlike the Ancient Gear don't offer a set bonus.  (Plus, Guardians are easier to hunt than Lynels so the Ancient Gear is easier to level up all the way.)

Also, dang, Duymon!  My Switch says I've got more than 90 hours on Breath of the Wild but it looks like you're quite a bit more accomplished than I.

1 hour ago, mikeszekely said:

The Soldier's Helm/Armor/Greaves that you can buy in Hateno Village use Lynel parts, too... I'm just not sure how necessary they are, because they have the same defense rating as the Ancient Helm/Armor/Greaves but unlike the Ancient Gear don't offer a set bonus.  (Plus, Guardians are easier to hunt than Lynels so the Ancient Gear is easier to level up all the way.)

Also, dang, Duymon!  My Switch says I've got more than 90 hours on Breath of the Wild but it looks like you're quite a bit more accomplished than I.

wow I didn't know the soldier's armor required lynel parts too.  May have to upgrade a set for looks lol.

Ancient armor is amazing when using guardian weaps. if you stack an attack potion + ancient set you do crazy dmg (the Ancient proficiency buff is like +80% dmg by itself lol)

Edited by Duymon

1 hour ago, UN Spacy said:

But Jim Sterling brought it down to a 97 average! It was a 98! Now the world will never truly appreciate the brilliance of this game and the Internet is ruined FOREVER!!!:p

Ok seriously now... I think the game is really good. Early frontrunner for GotY (although I've still got high hopes for Persona 5). But I think perfect is stretching it.

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

Getting ancient cores is a real bitch.  Even with all of the Guardians I've taken down they hardly ever drop an core and I need a bunch to make the Ancient Armors.

Ancient core farming for the ancient armor is a bitch. Upgradig is just as bad. For L3 you need like 3 cores each again and for L4 you need like 2 giant cores each + star fragments.

If you don't mind a lot of reloading, save before every guardian you fight and reload if it doesn't drop ur cores

When I farmed cores I took this farming path after every blood moon

1. Akalla tower, paraglide towards northeast to the field of derelict guardians. 2x guardians to kill

2. Karahiko Village, Run outside the main entrance, turn left and go over a hill for 2x more guardian kills

3. Central Hyrule tower: drop down, kill 2x roamin guardians, then head inside Hyrule castle ground and slay all the guardians that have legs.

4. Teleport to all Modest / Major strength test shrines and kill the medium guardians, they all can drop cores as well and it's great for restocking weapons after the above farming

With a few runs and some save scumming for each fight you can score enough cores to do anything pretty much.

btw, aerial guardians also drop cores too but they always drop their pieces in bad places and they aren't easy mode like the legged guardians are (especially after you get master sword which is not supposed to break so long as you only use on calamity crap (guardians and bosses)

Edited by Duymon

7 hours ago, Duymon said:

Ancient core farming for the ancient armor is a bitch. Upgradig is just as bad. For L3 you need like 3 cores each again and for L4 you need like 2 giant cores each + star fragments.

If you don't mind a lot of reloading, save before every guardian you fight and reload if it doesn't drop ur cores

When I farmed cores I took this farming path after every blood moon

1. Akalla tower, paraglide towards northeast to the field of derelict guardians. 2x guardians to kill

2. Karahiko Village, Run outside the main entrance, turn left and go over a hill for 2x more guardian kills

3. Central Hyrule tower: drop down, kill 2x roamin guardians, then head inside Hyrule castle ground and slay all the guardians that have legs.

4. Teleport to all Modest / Major strength test shrines and kill the medium guardians, they all can drop cores as well and it's great for restocking weapons after the above farming

With a few runs and some save scumming for each fight you can score enough cores to do anything pretty much.

btw, aerial guardians also drop cores too but they always drop their pieces in bad places and they aren't easy mode like the legged guardians are (especially after you get master sword which is not supposed to break so long as you only use on calamity crap (guardians and bosses)

The Master Sword doesn't break at all, but it runs out of energy regardless of what you're fighting with it which is effectively the same thing. Then you have a 10-minute recharge. It does double damage to calamity crap. That doesn't include guardians in shrines, but it does include all the overworld ones.

When I was farming for ancient cores I didn't bother to go all over the place or save scum. I just went to Hyrule Castle town. There's at least 8 crawlers in the immediate area. Didn't take nearly as long as trying to find enough Swift Violets to max the climbing gear.

As for farming

47 minutes ago, Black Valkyrie said:

I really hope this comes to the States...

14 minutes ago, Dangard Ace said:

Man.....125hrs in and I don't have the gear you guys have....

Guess I gotta stop doing every shrine and side quest and Koro searching and start farming parts...

lol i skipped the korok hunting but did all 120 shrines. parts farming is a bitch, especially the dragon scale/horn shards and the star fragments

22 minutes ago, Dangard Ace said:

Man.....125hrs in and I don't have the gear you guys have....

Guess I gotta stop doing every shrine and side quest and Koro searching and start farming parts...

Worth it, at least to get and upgrade the ancient set. It's tied with just two other sets for the highest defense (excluding amiibo gear), and the set bonus madness you deal extra damage if you're using ancient weapons. Assuming you have the money and materials you can get them after lighting the furnace at the Akkala lab.

5 minutes ago, Duymon said:

lol i skipped the korok hunting but did all 120 shrines. parts farming is a bitch, especially the dragon scale/horn shards and the star fragments

I stocked up on wood and flint, climbed to the top of the Dueling Peaks, called until night, then stared at the sky over Central Hyrule. It's boring and monotonous, but it didn't take too long to get enough to upgrade the Ancient gear.

Those dragons, though...:wacko:

7 hours ago, UN Spacy said:

Why's it so hard to find ancient cores?

i just looted every remain near Hateno and the graveyard in the NE labyrinth. 

They don't show up often in remains. The crawly big guardians will sometimes drop them, same with the flying ones. Honestly, though, I recommend going to Hyrule Castle. The turret guardians with the ears drop them pretty reliably.

7 hours ago, UN Spacy said:

BTW. Anyone try the Splatoon 2 demo yet? There's several more events this weekend. 

What games have have you been playing NOT called Zelda?

I bought Blaster Master, and in non-Switch gaming i fit the new ME, but I've been too enthralled with Zelda to play anything else.

1 hour ago, Hikuro said:

tried twice this week to get a switch. Gamestop told me good luck there's a line, and I missed out on the Amazon shipment by 5 minutes.

Y'know, I saw the alert that Amazon had then and clicked on the link out of curiosity and it was in stock. Should have bought it, then I could have sold it to you.

Tried to login to Splatoon a few times but no events were running.   Tons of easy stationary Guardians to pick off in the ...Forgotten Temple?    Gonna buy SnipperClips and Master Blaster one of these days but I'm in no rush until after I finish Zelda.

2 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

They don't show up often in remains. The crawly big guardians will sometimes drop them, same with the flying ones. Honestly, though, I recommend going to Hyrule Castle. The turret guardians with the ears drop them pretty reliably.

I bought Blaster Master, and in non-Switch gaming i fit the new ME, but I've been too enthralled with Zelda to play anything else.

Y'know, I saw the alert that Amazon had then and clicked on the link out of curiosity and it was in stock. Should have bought it, then I could have sold it to you.

Hah, would of appreciated it. I've been trying to keep up on all the stocking news. Gamestop is being the most bleak saying they'll probably continue to run out of stock for the remainder of the year which is making me roll my eyes cause it's propaganda. This thing is so hot you have to wait in line and waste your life to get this!

I signed up to this place called NowinStock.net and it's suppose to alert me but it does a pretty piss poor job at it. Not entire sure how I wanna proceed with this hunt.

2 hours ago, Hikuro said:

I signed up to this place called NowinStock.net and it's suppose to alert me but it does a pretty piss poor job at it. Not entire sure how I wanna proceed with this hunt.

Oddly enough, I'm not signed up to any deals sites or anything like that.  I'm just doing the stay at home dad thing, and my girl's at just the right age where I have to keep an eye on her to make sure she's not getting into trouble, wants the TV to watch YouTube videos of kids songs, wants my attention for something every five minutes so most other hobbies are out, but I can refresh different blogs I read every couple of minutes.  Turns out I'd happened to catch Kotaku posting about Amazon having it in stock about 4 minutes after it went up.

Well, I guess if I do see another one I'll buy it.  Worst case scenario is you already bought one, no one else I know needs one, and I offload it on ebay.

15 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Oddly enough, I'm not signed up to any deals sites or anything like that.  I'm just doing the stay at home dad thing, and my girl's at just the right age where I have to keep an eye on her to make sure she's not getting into trouble, wants the TV to watch YouTube videos of kids songs, wants my attention for something every five minutes so most other hobbies are out, but I can refresh different blogs I read every couple of minutes.  Turns out I'd happened to catch Kotaku posting about Amazon having it in stock about 4 minutes after it went up.

Well, I guess if I do see another one I'll buy it.  Worst case scenario is you already bought one, no one else I know needs one, and I offload it on ebay.

Sounds like a plan, you know how to get ahold of me like usual :p

Yeah, my co workers kid is at that age now where I think she gets crushes and seems to have a mad crush on me, think she's 5 now I can't recall. She use to be completely terrified of me cause I'm a big white guy and she's a tiny lil hispanic girl. But some reason the last few weeks whenever I stop by she gets super excited and doesn't want me to leave. It was a logan moment lol.

Looks like Amazon has the NES classic for $160, Nintendo is still making them in limited numbers so it goes for a premium. Honestly I'd either buy an original NES or just emulate the games at this point, it would be a ton cheaper.