Well, first time I touched my switch since May 12th really. I updated the console and the moment I tried to play Zelda to continue where I left off in Zora's Domian I got an error code and had to redownload the update for the game. Froze at 99% and closed me out with another error code. Suddenly it started working....got to play for an hour at work before the battery crapped out. So when I got home I popped it back on the dock so I could play some more aaaannnnnnd download update failure with another error code. Depending on what's going on I've gotten 4 different error codes. Last one was 2005-0003. There's nothing firm about what it is, and just a lot of videos in spanish for research. But from what I've read is that you need to remove your SD Card, reload all the game software directly into the Switch's hard drive and then insert the SD Card back in. Either case, that sounds stupid as hell.

My long search came to an end last Thursday, as my pre-ordered Switch was delivered.

It's awesome. The portability of the system is incredible, although it looks like the display is interlaced. However, I can't really complain... it has a lot of horsepower for such a small device. BotW is amazing. I can't wait to get MK8 Deluxe and Splatoon 2.

UPDATED sales numbers. 

Hardware:

4.7 million units sold

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/hard_soft/index.html

Software:

Total Software: 13.60 Million.

Zelda BOTW: 3.92 Million

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: 3.54 Million

1, 2 Switch: 1.22 Million

ARMS: 1.18 Million

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html

• 4 weeks later...

I think my wife and I may have gone a little overboard with the whole Splatoon thing for our switches. First shooter she's ever enjoyed. Not pictured is the Splatoon Pro Controller I also just got today in the mail ..... lol

My Switch

WP_20170824_12_24_34_Pro.thumb.jpg.09e9439b2a4643b9eb68f75475d08897.jpg

Wife's

WP_20170720_20_19_44_Pro.thumb.jpg.9d1b5f203c771728a85231137b645498.jpg

The Amiibo swarm :p

WP_20170821_15_59_33_Pro.thumb.jpg.c5cf789120664dfb85c08b27c0ebf851.jpg

Edited by Duymon

I loved LA Noire to death back on my 360, the Swtich port is very unexpected. I'll grab this to play in 4K on my Xbox One X later this year, I don't think I ever tried the DLC cases so I'm going to assume these new versions will have everything and I can finally try them out.

I played in on PC ages ago after a steam sale and I don't understand Rockstar's choice of game. There's like no replay value once you know all the cases.

I think I'll be happy with Splatoon and then Mario O and Fire Emblem Warriors later on. 

The rabid / Mario game might look like fun but I'll wait for a sale.

The problem is Rockstar chose a timebomb game.  It's guaranteed to not sell well, and they'll use that to determine nobody who owns a Switch will buy any of their other games based on the one that wasn't good, has zero replay value and wasn't in any way in demand.

The development of LA Noire was notoriously strenuous. The game's director was damn near a slave driver, demanding long hours of his staff and making unreasonable demands of the game designers. The game is set in a sandbox like GTA, but is an entirely linear story-driven experience.

The final product is good, but not good enough to reflect or justify all the trouble that went into it. I believe the director has largely been ostracized from the gaming community because of his treatment of his staff.

I hope the Direct is just Reggie going "WTF, third parties? You'll make games for the Vita, and the Vita doesn't even have shelf space at Walmart, but not the Switch, even though retailers still can't keep them in stock six months after launch?"

Seriously, there's been like three or four recent or upcoming releases that I'd love to play on Switch but they're only PC, PS4, and Vita.

On 9/8/2017 at 1:31 PM, Mommar said:

The history or the development means very little given it wasn't good nor has anyone wished for it to make a return on any hardware.

Eh, I think it's perfectly decent. It's not nearly up to the same level of quality as Rockstar's internal dev teams, but it does some interesting things. I agree though that, on its own merits, it doesn't warrant a re-release on modern hardware. For better or worse, it's enough a part of the zeitgeist that a re-release will probably be an easy profit.

14 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

I hope the Direct is just Reggie going "WTF, third parties? You'll make games for the Vita, and the Vita doesn't even have shelf space at Walmart, but not the Switch, even though retailers still can't keep them in stock six months after launch?"

Seriously, there's been like three or four recent or upcoming releases that I'd love to play on Switch but they're only PC, PS4, and Vita.

What he should say is that Third Parties are a bunch of filthy liars.

Well, isn't the Switch hardware slightly underpowered even compared to the base Xbox One, the weaker of the two consoles? Plus its ARM architecture is different from the x86 of consoles and PCs. Porting would probably be a very intensive and expensive endeavor on its own, to say nothing of code optimization and platform-specific bug fixing...

That said, it would be frickin' lovely if Square brought its Android ports to Switch. The World Ends With You can't be released on enough platforms.

Nintendon't do third party games, Skyrim coming out is a miracle, that game is also as old as dirt. I NEVER expect any form of third party support for my Nintendo home consoles, it never happens, and if I never expect it I will never be disappointed ;). Very annoying though, Nintendo did promise more third party support this time around compared to the abysmal Wii-U and even the Wii. I wouldn't expect to be seeing new Assassins Creed, COD, Battlefront, Overwatch, or anything of note on the Switch any time soon. I'd love to eat my words, but I highly doubt it will happen, history has proven this time and time again. I just need Nintendo to get off their asses and put out some more first party titles, the Switch is neat, I always mess with my buddies at work and whenever I'm at someone's house that owns one, but I just can't bring myself to get one yet with it's lack of interesting games, BOW isn't enough, Mario looks great but that's still a little ways off. The system is definitely under-powered and that could be a factor for third parties, the PS4 and X1 are both getting/have gotten updated versions of their hardware put put already, going even further beyond what the Switch is capable of.

2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Well, isn't the Switch hardware slightly underpowered even compared to the base Xbox One, the weaker of the two consoles? Plus its ARM architecture is different from the x86 of consoles and PCs. Porting would probably be a very intensive and expensive endeavor on its own, to say nothing of code optimization and platform-specific bug fixing...

That said, it would be frickin' lovely if Square brought its Android ports to Switch. The World Ends With You can't be released on enough platforms.

Weaker than the Xbox One, sure. Do I expect every major 3P release on it? No I don't.

But c'mon, if you can spend the resources on a Vita version, you can surely make a Switch version *cough cough Ys VII cough Secret of Mana remake cough*

I bought Overcooked! a couple of weeks ago and completed it with my girlfriend last night. It's a fun couch co-op game that works great on Switch, considering you already have two controllers. I'd love to replay it with 3 or 4 players.

I know Overcooked! is on Steam and I wonder if this is the direction Nintendo needs to go to get more third party games on its roster. We know Rocket League is coming to switch soon, so I wouldn't be surprised to see many more indie games showing up in the eShop during the Switch's life cycle.

The PS2 was underpowered and a cluster-f**k to program for but it was popular so everybody buckled down and worked on it.  It should have been abandoned for the Gamecube and XBox which were both more powerful and tons easier to program for. Third parties are a bunch of anti-Nintendo liars making the adage that third parties don't succeed on Nintendo hardware by wither sabotaging their products to prove the point and/or abandoning the machine even when it's selling well when there is no reason.  Tking is repeating the same nonsense adage.

Edited by Mommar