D Brand Skins did try, but their adhesive took off the matte finish paint and tampo printing during testing. Nintendo makes a Zelda themed skin, no idea if that reacts to the Switch's paint or not. Be careful. 

7 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Is anyone else considering putting some sort of cover or skin on their Switch?  I don't put any decor on my consoles, but there is just so much grey and black already with my lineup and my all grey Switch just looks like a toaster that was misplaced on the entertainment center.

43 minutes ago, Sildani said:

D Brand Skins did try, but their adhesive took off the matte finish paint and tampo printing during testing. Nintendo makes a Zelda themed skin, no idea if that reacts to the Switch's paint or not. Be careful. 

Yup as Sildani says nintendo switch official plastic has some sort of coating that gets eaten away by many vinyl adhesives.

If you check nintendo switch reddit many members actually are painting their switch controllers

ypq650fxp7oy.jpg

I'm sure most people wouldn't want that and would rather wait for a more off-the-shelf mod. Right now you're only safe option for color variety is to get the neon blu/red joycons. If those aren't to your liking Nintendo will probably release other custom joycon colors in the future.

If you don't wanna by new joycons I'm sure that down the road third parties will offer custom Joycon front/back colors that you can install with a simple screwdriver bit that fits the special screw heads.

I'm fine with just amFilm's tempered glass. I've got nothing but positive things to say about it.

So far no scratches on it...but then again I don't manhandle the darn thing

7 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I have an amFilm Tempered glass screen cover and it's been working beautifully.  Screen looks great, no scratches.  In tandem with my ButterFox Hard Carrying case I haven't had any damage to my system at all.

I use the official Hori Screen protector which isn't glass but it works well.

Which Butterfox case did you opt for?

I got the longer one that allows you store the switch with joycons attached. Was torn between my current one and the even more compact one that has the joycons separate in the top compartment.

WP_20170329_14_11_35_Rich.jpg

I wasn't aware there was a ButterFox case that was shorter.  I got the same one you did (color as well.)  Unfortunately it's not quite thick enough to fit an additional AC adapter inside without feeling like you're crushing the screen.  A centimeter thicker and it would have been easy to store an AC Adapter as well (I know I have a specific/unique use for an extra AC adapter.)

Yeah I didn't know they had a compact case either until after I was about to order mine and it popped up on amazon's similar items :0

https://www.amazon.com/Butterfox-Nintendo-Switch-Cartridge-Holders/dp/B06WLNWD29

I was also miffed that I couldn't fit the AC adapter. Really hope that somembody releases a slimmer adapter in the future so that I fit it i the case.

You can pretty much alleviate the issue if you get an Anker Powercore+ 20100. It barely fits into the top compartment and can keep the switch running for quite a while. It's on sale for like 66 bucks on Amazon which is basically the cost of a game after tax :0 https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Ultra-High-Capacity-Portable/dp/B014ZO46LK

Edited by Duymon

Thanks for the info fellas! I read up on what Dbrand said about the damage that results with removal of the skins.  I guess I'll hold off buying a skin, unless I see a design so cool that can make me live with damage.  And that customized purple Switch looks dope.

I'll definitely have to get one of those tempered glass screen protectors when my young nephews come over to play.

13 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Thanks for the info fellas! I read up on what Dbrand said about the damage that results with removal of the skins.  I guess I'll hold off buying a skin, unless I see a design so cool that can make me live with damage.  And that customized purple Switch looks dope.

I'll definitely have to get one of those tempered glass screen protectors when my young nephews come over to play.

The amFilm screen protectors are cheap at $10 for two (I ordered mine from Walmart.com) and they go on real easy.  I highly recommend them.

Has anybody noticed their Switch can't pickup wireless signals as well as other devices?  My computer in my office is on a wireless network and it, along with all of my various phones, the old 3DS and New 3DS can all find the wireless network no sweat.  The Switch cannot find it at all.  It's the same at my Moms place, the Switch can't even identify that the wireless signal exists, to say nothing of connecting.

No issues with my switch and finding wifi either at home or at work, though I gotta say it downloads stuff pretty slow despite getting full-bars at home, especially when compared to my XB1 or laptop which are also on wireless.

My experience might be skewed though, we have pretty robust wireless routers at work and at home I have a Pretty decent router 

I haven't tried it anywhere else though because when I'm not near a power outlet I'm always on Airplane mode and 70% brightness to save on battery life.

Edited by Duymon

The room I have the Switch dock in is on the opposite side of my house from my router. My first thought was to trade speed for range, so I connected the Switch to my 2.4GHz network. At first it seemed fine, but later kept saying it couldn't connect to the internet.  I switched it over to my 5GHz network and haven't had any problems since.

I was close yesterday. Bestbuy online and locally had them up with a Zelda bundle. Had it in my cart ready to check out and it wouldn't process my payment. I kept getting an error something went wrong with the website. Happened in the app side as well.

called up 3 stores that had them in stock for local pick up. 20 minutes on hold in each store not even a greeting. After an hour that was it, they were all gone. What a crock.

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

Have you been using that Anker battery?  Is it really that convenient?  How long will the Switch last on that thing?

I ran my switch down to about 25% and then played Zelda for about 6 hours on Anker power. My switch was at 70% after that play session.

The Anker is really good even if it isn't 39W output (39W is the rating on the AC adapter and the switch will proabably never hit that in mobile mode).

It's hefty but totally worth it if you don't mind carrying around the extra weight. Just make sure you buy the Powercore+ 20100 and not the regular one since the  regulars won't output fast enough to charge the switch while playing.

Edited by Duymon

So about those dragons in Zelda... I wrote a guide on how to easily hunt them for their drops. It's up at Gamefaqs (same username as here) if you guys care to check it out. First time I ever wrote something for them.

12 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

So about those dragons in Zelda... I wrote a guide on how to easily hunt them for their drops. It's up at Gamefaqs (same username as here) if you guys care to check it out. First time I ever wrote something for them.

noice. I've been farming dragons for a while now. if you do it right you can hit all 3 dragons in one night lol. Only annoyin one is the fire dragons since optimal spot is so far from a shrine :0

1 hour ago, Duymon said:

noice. I've been farming dragons for a while now. if you do it right you can hit all 3 dragons in one night lol. Only annoyin one is the fire dragons since optimal spot is so far from a shrine :0

It's not though. I know some people were suggesting to look for him by the Eldin Leviathan, but it's WAY easier to go to the Shae Loya shrine by the Tabantha Bridge Stable. Sit at the fire until night, then run out onto the bridge. There's a gap on the left (North) side of the bridge. Hang out there; Dinraal will come from the north and fly right under the bridge. You'll have your drop by midnight.

Did not know you could hunt more than one a night, though. Never seemed to work for me. Guys go update that FAQ...

Zelda goals:

• Down to 1 Shrine
  • maxed out the Ancient armor need to work on the others
  • gonna start star farming since I've gotten most of the Amiibo armors from my friend
  • gotta hunt down the bazillion Koroks seeds *
  • finally got a 20 heart WolfLink.   Time to run around with him and piss monsters off.
  • Kick Ganon's ass
  • Sleep

That's as good as I'm gonna do without "help".  Going to start looking for clues online now cause finding the things now is going to be a grind.

*I'm cheap.  Didn't buy the strategy guide.  

:D nailed it. Amazon restocked today. Well so far I nailed it, it's already out of stock again but I managed to get the order placed with an April 5th delivery. Sounds like it won't even be in stock until the 2nd. I'm crossing my fingers it goes thru.

I finished tonight. Didn't 200%... I think I found less than 150 koroks, and there's probably named places on the map I didn't discover, but after 150 hours I climbed all the towers, I got and fully upgraded all the armors except earrings and circlets, found all Link's memories, did all 120 shrines, all side quests, all four divine beasts, and killed Ganon. It was a fantastic game, but with Persona 5 on Tuesday I'm ready to move on.

In case I want something else to play on the Switch, since Persona is on PS4, I'll probably pick up Lego City Undercover and hope it lasts until Mario Kart.

7 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

I finished tonight. Didn't 200%... I think I found less than 150 koroks, and there's probably named places on the map I didn't discover, but after 150 hours I climbed all the towers, I got and fully upgraded all the armors except earrings and circlets, found all Link's memories, did all 120 shrines, all side quests, all four divine beasts, and killed Ganon. It was a fantastic game, but with Persona 5 on Tuesday I'm ready to move on.

In case I want something else to play on the Switch, since Persona is on PS4, I'll probably pick up Lego City Undercover and hope it lasts until Mario Kart.

Grats.

Honestly I beat ganon 3x already but just keep firing zelda up anyways to collect more Korok Seeds and finish all the side quests like Tarry Town, etc.

As for other games, Wonder Boy 3 Dragon's trap is out on 4/18 and I loved that game as a kid. Can't wait to play the remake.

Switch Hunting

If you have a couple Target stores in your area, I got mine Monday, checked the stock online, the first time I went in they were sold a few minutes earlier than I arrived, even though they showed limited stock, but when you go, you can ask about their shipments, my stores get their trucks Monday, Wednesday and Saturday, so you know when to check the stock checker and drop by the store first thing in the morning. 

2 hours ago, Duymon said:

Grats.

Honestly I beat ganon 3x already but just keep firing zelda up anyways to collect more Korok Seeds and finish all the side quests like Tarry Town, etc.

As for other games, Wonder Boy 3 Dragon's trap is out on 4/18 and I loved that game as a kid. Can't wait to play the remake.

Yeah, I finished all the side quests already, and hunting for more koroks seeds just seems like tedious busy work (especially when the ultimate reward for finding all 900 is, literally, poop).

Gotta say, after hunting silver Lynels for weapons and upgrade parts Ganon and the bosses of the Divine beasts were stupid easy.

1 hour ago, Phobos said:

Are there older titles available in the nintendo store? I'm specifically looking for OOT and Majora's Mask. I'm not really a big nintendo fan, but i'd totally buy one if I can play prior Zelda games. 

Not for the Switch. For the Wii U, yes.

Alternatively, you could get a 3DS/2DS and get the remakes.

29 minutes ago, Phobos said:

Thanks! I had no idea they were available for the Wii U. 

No problem!

The Wii U is actually pretty solid for Zelda.  You can get basically all of them except for Four Swords Adventures, the three Gameboy ones, and the newer 3DS ones.  

FINALLY! my switch arrived! I picked up that tempered glass cover which was super easy to install, best one I've ever done. Charged it up, updated everything, plugged in Zelda and now just kind of killing time. Can't wait to take this with me tomorrow to kill more time in the morning and during my lunch :D

2 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Have you guys heard about the Switch getting slightly warped when left in the dock? 

I've seen some articles this week about the issue. It appears to be related to the insufficient heat dissipation of the unit. But, it could also be a sign of unit failure. If the battery gets really hot during usage and charging, then it's likely a defective battery. That's a common problem among devices using lithium ion batteries. Nintendo is repairing/replacing the warped units.

6 hours ago, azrael said:

I've seen some articles this week about the issue. It appears to be related to the insufficient heat dissipation of the unit. But, it could also be a sign of unit failure. If the battery gets really hot during usage and charging, then it's likely a defective battery. That's a common problem among devices using lithium ion batteries. Nintendo is repairing/replacing the warped units.

Are they actually repairing/replacing warped units?  Where did you hear that?

I heard they were replacing the defective units as well, also doing memory swaps so you don't lose any data. The Nintendo warranty page says they don't cover physical damage but it seems like a case of manufacturing defect to me. https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/manuals/warrantyinfo.jsp

The articles have noted a thread on Reddit where users claim they did get a response back from Nintendo to send in their Switch for service.
https://www.engadget.com/2017/04/03/nintendo-switch-owners-report-yet-another-issue-warping/