3 hours ago, UN Spacy said:

HERE WE GO.

Definitely looking forward to Luigi's Mansion 3.  I never played the original, but I enjoyed the hell out of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon on the 3DS.

There wasn’t a ton that I was excited for from the direct show but I did see a lot of potentially good titles I may consider. Though I DID purchase FF8 and running into some performance issues like being unable to make a selection when something ques up for a minute or two thinking the game froze.

• 4 weeks later...

As far back as "The Prototype Missions" demo, it seems like opinions have been pretty divided over Daemon X Machina.  I kind of liked that first demo, and although I skipped the second demo I decided to pick the game up.

Well, the game definitely has some flaws.  For starters, the game does a really poor job of teaching you how to play it.  You'll quickly learn the basic controls, like that the ZL and ZR buttons fire or swing whatever you've got equipped in your left and right hands.  But they leave it to you to read the game's manual from the Pause screen to figure out things like weapons having optimal distances where they're most effective, or that pressing up or down on the d-pad moves the sparkly red "femto" particles the resting position on your mech's shoulders to other spots in a way that works like a temporary power up, something I didn't figure out until the very last story mission.  Speaking of stories, it's the kind of anime story that doesn't make a ton of sense if you think about it too hard and is super vague about what's going on until late in the game.  The missions themselves tend to be fairly repetitive, as they're mostly "shoot everything, sometimes fight another mech" or "fight a giant boss."  And there's one mission where you have to defend a train that flat out sucks.

Despite the game's flaws, I loved it.  Even though most of the story is told by cutscenes of people standing around chatting or through text boxes I found that the revolving cast of characters were really starting to grow on me.  The controls take some getting used to, but once you've got the hang of them it's fun to zip around in your mech, switching weapons on the fly and blowing stuff up.  The mecha customization isn't as hardcore as, say, Armored Core, but you can change your mech's head, arms, legs, torso, and processor, plus you can equip a weapon in each hand, a weapon on left and right pylons that you can swap out with the weapons in your hands, a shoulder weapon, and an auxiliary system.  And while, yes, some weapons and parts are just flat out better than others, the difference isn't huge and most of the variety comes down to the kind of playstyle you favor.  For example, some parts will make you slower but more heavily armored, but others are more lightly armored but allow you to move faster and boost longer.  Some parts are optimized for long-range sniping, others for melee combat.  The variety of weapons runs from rifles to lasers to swords and more.  You can even save different loadouts for different situations.  As for the game's repetitive nature, it's the fun kind, like Ace Combat or Koei's Warriors games.  Yes, you're mostly flying around blowing stuff up, but for different reasons on different maps with different characters cycling in and out, and for me it just never stopped being fun.  I was actually dreading beating it, because I'm not really ready to be done with it.  Fortunately, despite playing what I thought were all the Free missions and all the story missions, finishing the game unlocked more Free missions, plus I learned that you can actually do the co-op missions solo with AI partners, so I can still do that.

So yeah, there's definitely room for improvement with Daemon X Machina.  No question about it.  And yet, for all its flaws, it might very well be my favorite game that I've played this year.

Superhot got a Switch port recently... somehow that flew under my radar.  

Apparently also Amnesia: the Dark Descent and Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs... 

I guess I know what the next couple weeks of my free time look like.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Because Nintendo is becoming Disney 2, and feels the need to vault all of their properties for limited release every few years.  Grab the All-Stars pack while you can, because it's only available until next March, because Nintendo can't bear to keep their factories printing.... redemption codes....

The Galaxy 2 re-release will only be playable on the Switch 2. :p 

6 hours ago, Tking22 said:

I never played the original Hyrule Warriors but I'm in for this one on Switch! I haven't played a Dynasty Warriors game since, I think, Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2? Been a good long while, this looks fun. 

The Zelda one actually had some decent additions to the formula.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Man, I realy want a Switch, but because or Dolar =/= Real, is too expensive here.

Besides, in the last 2 years everything has gone wrong. With no money for anything, besides that I am without a proper job (I am freelance), accounts that do not close, and medicine for my father who suffers from Alzheimer's. Besides, there are people who rent stores in my father's building who leave without paying what they owe. As it is, I will only be able to buy one when a more advanced model comes out. I would even buy a defective one and have it fixed, but even that doesn't help the exchange. If anyone has one there, and can donate me, even with a defect, I would appreciate it very much.

Sorry to use Translator, but I not good today, I needed to put out it.

14 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

I'd buy it... but it seems like it's only in Australia?  Not on the US eShop.