59 minutes ago, Hikuro said:

Kinda want the classic. Is it worth it really?

It depends.  What's appealing about it to you, the hardware or the games?  If it's the games, yes, it's a pretty good collection of SNES games.  As good as it is, thought, there's almost certainly games you wish it had but it doesn't, or games it has that you just don't care for.  There's also the fact that you almost certainly own devices capable of emulating the SNES already with varying degrees of comfort and features.  If you don't (or do but don't like the options you have), there are plenty of options ranging from cheap to expensive, including plenty of DIY Raspberry Pi builds capable of playing not only SNES games but practically any other console you can think of, with controller options ranging from decidedly modern to delightfully retro (personally I like the 8bitdo's stuff).  I mentioned in the retro thread last year that I built a console with PC parts running the Lakka OS in an old gutted NES that plays everything from NES and SNES to PlayStation and PSP, and I don't even have it hooked up right now because it's more convenient to use Android emulators on the Nvidia Shield TV I have hooked up.

But if you're like me, it's the hardware.  I got my original SNES for Christmas during whatever year it was that you could get it bundled with Super Mario World but could also send away for a free copy of Super Mario All-Stars.  In addition to Super Mario World I'd got Final Fantasy II and A Link to the Past, and we had a bad snow that pushed our Christmas break into mid-January.  I spent the nearly three weeks we had off playing some Mario and some Final Fantasy, but mostly working my way through A Link to the Past.  In my 38 years of living that Christmas was possibly my fondest (although my daughter is two now, so I'm looking forward to some fun ones ahead).  The NES* and the SNES were the hardware my childhood ran on, and the SNES Classic is a tiny, nostalgic reminder of that, right down to the box it's packaged in.  Yes, it plays some fun games, but I want it as a display piece as much as I want to play with it.

*Really hope Nintendo keeps their promise to manufacture more NES Classics and make them more broadly available next year.

12 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

I've been seeing Switches in stock off and on. I know TRU had some last Friday when I stopped.

I didn't pay attention to Switches today, but I stopped at Target for diapers and they happened to have SNES Classics in stock, so I went home with one.

The opposite for me, when picking up a few quick items at Target I checked out of curiosity and they had Switch but no SNES Classic. Honestly I hate going to Target for toys and games anyway. I guess I'm used to the old days of Toys R Us and the games being at the front of the store. At the Target and Walmart stores I've been to the games are always at the back. And it's always messy.

11 hours ago, Mommar said:

Well, the WiiU only sold like 10 million so that's not really an achievement.

It sorta is when it’s been done in 9 months has completely turned the company around. 

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, UN Spacy said:

Plus Wii U expanded ports of Donkey Kong Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, and 3DS TWINE plus more.

By TWINE do you mean The World Ends With You (TWEWY)?

The Switch library easily looks strongest out of all of the three consoles, and it's only a couple years old.

I'm sort of curious to see what kind of stuff they come up with, but none of it really interests me yet. I think the Switch is doing well because it's offered a traditional, no-gimmicks experience with the flexibility to be both a home console and a portable. This Labo stuff reeks of the "but what if you didn't play with a regular controller?" nonsense that made the Wii and Wii U very unappealing to me.

Then don’t buy it. Simple. 

For me, this is an example of being able to do new things you wouldn’t ordinarily think of doing with a simple video game console. The Joy-Cons are stuffed with tech and sensors, so it’s a joy to see what else Nintendo is doing with them!