1/20 Lynn Minmay [Macross: Do You Remember Love?]

kkc201203

This "Minmay" is a kit from Max Factory.

It is small in size, about 9cm tall.

It is molded with different colours, and the details are fine.

I did not paint the whole kit, but used Gundam markers and Tamiya Weathering Master to make shades and highlights.

post-31799-0-70333200-1476087375_thumb.jpgpost-31799-0-89996000-1476087378_thumb.jpg

post-31799-0-87727300-1476087380_thumb.jpgpost-31799-0-17337100-1476087383_thumb.jpg

post-31799-0-09666100-1476087372_thumb.jpg

Edited by kkc201203

Hmm, if markers are OK I might think of going that route too...Once I have extra money to get that kit...after I buy that Votoms kit...and that Ueda artbook...etc etc :)

On the other hand, I would be 'pressured' to get a Hikaru valk...no, it's not in the budget... :lol:

Can you maybe give a quick write up on how you did the shades and highlights? I'm looking to do the same as it really looks a ton better.

i would be interested in a write up too. Great work!

Thanks for your replies!

The "weathering master" is essentially "eye-shadow" for model kits.

I will add one or two pictures to show how I use the "weathering master" soon.

Can you maybe give a quick write up on how you did the shades and highlights? I'm looking to do the same as it really looks a ton better.

i would be interested in a write up too. Great work!

About "Tamiya Weathering Master"

1 It is similar to eye-shadow. Each set contains pastels of three different colours and a brush. Apply the selected pastel directly to a model kit by using the sponge brush.

2 Sets A to F are mainly for military models, but I use the "snow" pastel from set B to highlight the hair.

3 Sets G and H are for shading and highlighting human figures. Dry brushing after the application would probably make the appearance more natural.

11DSCF224.jpg

Ah! That is so cool. So basically those are 'makeups' for kits? Nice. Do they smudge once it's applied? Or you have to apply topcoats in-between applications? Thanks!

Thank you for reminding me!

Yes, those pastels are like "makeups". They smudge, and can be wiped out quite easily. I do not apply topcoat in-between, but apply it in the final step.