4G trade for a Chronos, Should i do it?

thetrollphysicist

My friend wanted a Chronos, and he was asking me if its possible to trade either a Yamato/Arcadia VF-4G Lightning III for a DX YF-30 Chronos. Since both are rare items, i would like to consult this idea if its a good idea to trade a 4G for a Chronos.

Note: I do have a 4G, but it was an Arcadia one.

Edited by thetrollphysicist

You will potentially get very biased opinions on this one, one way or the other. For a lot people on here, the VF-4 has been a holy grail. YF-30 has got that "new hotness" going for it, but both valkyries are so disparately different they are hard to compare 1:1. I have a YF-30, but not a VF-4g. Quality-wise, my YF-30 is awesome. Built extremely well. I have not heard of any rampant QC issues on the VF-4's (Yamato or Arcadia). Maybe do a trial run with your friend for a week or whatever? If he is a good friend, and lives close I don't see the harm in it, unless they are ham-fisted.

I would say the 4g or the 30 aren't rare at all. However i would not trade, the 4G had a re-issue, its numbers are more in the wild and easier to get now. Not to mention, the darn bandai tease of the 1/100 HMR FB 4G year back http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=42737&page=7 but digress tho...

The 30 did not have the privilege of any re-issue's, so just on that point i would hold on to the 30...

YF-30 has been selling for 400-500 after fees and shipping on YJA.....

VF-4G has been collecting dust since the re-issue...good luck getting msrp...

The YF-30 is hot because collectors want it to display along with the upcoming VF-31....it is it's direct descendant....I don't see Bandai re-issuing it anytime soon or ever....

In short...bad trade

I think jungle has the best deal on open box copies of the YF-30, unless you are looking for absolute perfection or you are short on cash.

In that case, trading the Arcadia/Yamato VF-4G for the Chronos will be the best deal going right now and you will have found that rare person who doesn't care about market trends. I don't doubt that this is impossible to do, but that it is unlikely for the reasons others have noted. A Yamato VF-4G sees a little more activity during an auction because of the Yamato name, but both the Yamato and Arcadia VF-4G have been devalued since Arcadia reissued the toy using the exact same paint scheme.

I got my YF-30 from mandarake a year ago at a pretty 28k yen which at the time i thought it was kinda pricy. But after that i have seen it going up and up on each site ive seen it (if it is at all) so collector wise id say keep it and buy a 4G which is stilla available, even on this forums ive seen a couple poping arouns at fair prices.

Edited by Mr Bomber

I have both and enjoyed them equally. My advice would be keep your YF-30. As stated above, you can probably find a 4G for a decent price. Even the Yamato one can be found cheaper than it was.

Is the YF-30 becoming the new 4G (from what I read on the forums upon release)?

trade a 30 for a 4G? No I wouldn't. Especially not for an Arcadia re-issue.. not that the 30 deserves the prices they are demanding now anyways. Yeah they're nice but they ain't silly money nice.. And trade for an original Yamato 4G? To be honest I probably wouldn't do that either.. I think only the more hard core collector will want to pay Yamato money now that the Arcadia 4G is here has dropped demand for the Yamato substantially. Yeah I have one and paid too much for it but getting a Arcadia 4G very cheaply being the exact same thing but in a different box has taken the shine off the Yamato. So yeah im my opinion, dont trade.

Edited by spanner

It's funny. I'm sentimentally very attached to my

yammyVF-4g. I wouldn't sell or trade it for anything.

I don't care about market trends...

Of course , I have the Chronos YF-30 and it IS hot.

My advise to you is to throw out dollars and (common) sense and go for what you resonate with the most.

Get your hands on the YF-30 and see what you think..

Edited by Bolt

This trade is not in your favor due to the high difference in market value.

Since you already have a VF-4G there's no reason for the trade in the first place.

The YF-30 will probably never have another reissue.

If you really want another VF-4g you can easily sell it and get enough money to buy it and then some.

I'm kinda surprised you are asking this since you post stuff in the FOR sale Forum, but those prices , are those in US dollar?. <_<

You should only do the trade if you accidentally did something you shouldn't have behind his back. :ph34r:B)):p

Or that you need him to do you a favor in return. :rolleyes: