M Frontier: Heavy Soldier Vajra

Xigfrid

Hey thank you @Jasonc, that figure is probably the one with the highest parts number that I will ever design. The arms+hands and the chin in particular have unique articulation designs that can't be used in other models. All that makes this figure very special to me.

I have chosen the colors according to Bandai "non-scale" prototype that used Olive Drab for the main body

dark green : Tamiya TS-28 Olive Drab 2
dark red (main body) : Tamiya TS-33 Dull Red
bright red : Tamiya TS-85 Bright Mica Red

yellow accents: Revell Enamel 12 Yellow Gloss
metallic accents: Revell Enamel 97 Green Metallic

IMG_4429.thumb.JPG.5af8afa63b82e8bcd72571414a461cd9.JPG

Edited by Xigfrid

Along with all the other stuff you make, this is a definite want. I'll just have to buy part by part. At least it'll give me time to work on each piece as I get them. Also, thanks for the reply in paints. I have most of those paints already, so I'll start off with this very slowly.

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:25 PM, Xigfrid said:

Ho! Then let me know if you need any help for assembly. That a quiète a puzzle without instructions !

I'm sure it is. I'll probably go down the list as my paychecks come in. question though,,, what do you suggest I start on first? should I start on arms, legs, or a specific body piece that needs to be done first? Also, do you have a list of screws and extra parts that are needed? Sorry, I know that's a lot of questions.

Screws: only M1.7 x 6mm 

1mm diameter pins, average length 6mm, max length 18mm

three metal screw + bolts size 3mm x 20mm

2 metal bars diameter 1.8mm x 65mm

No extra part needed except if you want to light up te laser canon, but I don't think that's worth the effort. 

The Vajra is built in humanoid form from the bottom to the top, so you should begin that way if you want to reduce disassembling and extra manipulations. As explained on page 1, all the parts are sold without margin except for the head, chin and Carap part1.

My favorite and best engeenered parts are the head and chin, you should try them first to "feel" how complex this figure is. But expensive. On a second thought there are also the front legs (hands in humanoid form) and the laser Canon which are great models too IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone! I really can't understand why this figure has never been released, no complex transformation mechanisms, a little big, a tad bigger than the Oversized Optimus Prime MPP10, so it shouldn't be too expensive to produce in small quantity such as 1-2 thousands.

Sometime I really think something is off /weird with me: I tend to prefer the "Bad guys" over the main characters, if they have an intelligent/kind background and that they are not just born mad. And if they turn good at the end, that's even better.

In Frontier for instance, I will prefer Brera and its enigmatic VF-27 anytime over Alto and its VF-25F, even I prefer the Vajras that save SDF-Frontier from the Galaxy gun blast over the VF-171.

Same for Delta where I prefer Rogue/Bogue complex character over Hayate (that just want to dance and protect his girl... really??), and recently after reading the Macross Delta manga spinoff, I like more Keith.

Edited by Xigfrid

(Russian accent) Dosvadania to dose Russian veekles! That came out great Xigfrid! Its cool to see people make models that aren't available commercially. Great finish and execution over all! - MT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I realize that this thread is quite old, but I was just looking for a Vajra 3d model for use in VRchat, and I was thrilled to see a model made with such attention to detail and quality!! I realize that this is designed for kit building and 3d printing, but is there perhaps a simplified version of this model that might also be available either for download or for purchase?

Hypothetically we could take the current model and simplify it by joining parts which don't need to move.

The head, for example, could be turned into one solid piece.  

Detail would undoubtedly be lost, specially at 1:100 on an FDM printer, but it would still be an awesome piece.

The STL files are still available at the google drive link provided in the first post.

You could import them into a program like Tinkercad and do the simplification over time.

17 hours ago, Mazinger said:

Detail would undoubtedly be lost, specially at 1:100 on an FDM printer, but it would still be an awesome piece.

The STL files are still available at the google drive link provided in the first post.

You could import them into a program like Tinkercad and do the simplification over time.

I'd love one in 1:100

The files are no longer available 

I just tried downloading the STL files from the original post and they downloaded just fine, not sure what the issue is unless you're maybe using the wrong link?

Also, when I mentioned a "Simplified" version, I just meant that since I'm planning to use it for mostly digital animation use instead of printing use, it wouldn't need any modeled supports. On a similar note, is there perhaps a digital version of the model that's already "constructed"? The STL files as far as I can tell are all modeled as sets of pieces that would be put together like a kit. As much as I'd love to reassemble the bits on my own time, if there's already a model that saves me that time and effort, I'd be more interested in using that.

Edited by Willixir