Macross: The Shadow Years

Aries Turner

I've finally decided to place the airing of this 'documentary' no later than 2029. Wether 2031's DYRL promotion or general interest leading to the funding of a movie is irrelevant for the setting.

Problem is, there is a lot more data on the period than it seems. Even if I leave out Macross II timeline, I have Macross Chronicle material that I have not read and I should not contradict. I think I hit a wall here. It is stated somewhere that around 2030 some Zentraedis left Earth to find his own destiny outside UNSpacy control, never to be heard about again.

P.S.: Oops, we are now in the 2nd page of the thread. Don't miss van Zanten entry at the end of page 1.

Edited by Aries Turner

• 2 weeks later...

This is a really, really fantastic idea. I just finished re-watching Macross for the first time in years and really found myself bothered regarding how humanity could recover from such a massive environmental disaster as the end of Space War One.

These personal stories are really cool.

• 6 months later...

Very cool stuff.  I wish the Macross Aria sites were still online.  We had an interview with a pilot who claimed to have the biggest collection of post-SW1 vinyl.  He, too, was very interested in keeping alive Earth's history and information.  I think it's absolutely a fascinating concept, this period of time as humanity recovers from a near extinction, and near informational extinction event.