ES-11D at Starship Modeler

slide

Thanks for the heads up, I grabbed the last one! This will be my first venture into resin aircraft modeling, so I'm not sure how soon I'll get around to this project, but I wanted to get one while they were available. There's probably no guarantee as to if / when they'll run them again.

Keep in eye on SSM. A birdy said another batch is being percolated.

oh good... maybe I'll have some cash to pick up another... sorry wallet....

My shipment came in -- quick one over of the cast; looks quite nice. I can take some pics tonight if folks are interested. Nice to see the canopies still mounted to the bucks from the forming process to keep them from getting crushed ( or at least it appears that way ).

Also picked up the carrier vehicle for the atmospheric booster -- holy geez that's a huge set of resin chunks.

My shipment came in -- quick one over of the cast; looks quite nice. I can take some pics tonight if folks are interested. Nice to see the canopies still mounted to the bucks from the forming process to keep them from getting crushed ( or at least it appears that way ).

That's what I didn't like however. I was afraid of ruining the canopies before even getting them off the bucks. Those are tight fits.

mine just popped off easy as. Its a shame they dont include the spare canopy set that are mentioned in The Capts assembly sheet.

I haven't messed around with the canopies yet, but I'd assume if you have the buck and access to a vac table ( which I know not everyone does -- I don't ) -- then you could get a new one made if you have a problem; definitely worth holding on to I would think.

Addict

why yes, yes I am! :lol::lol::lol: lol

Mine just arrived.

I'm very impressed with her.

I'll definitely pick up another if the opportunity presents itself! [that way I don't have to choose between stowed and in-flight] :D

now the question is paint-scheme... the JASDF scheme looks like a winner

Mine just arrived.

I'm very impressed with her.

I'll definitely pick up another if the opportunity presents itself! [that way I don't have to choose between stowed and in-flight] :D

now the question is paint-scheme... the JASDF scheme looks like a winner

with ubiquitous Anime girl decal on the dome...

with ubiquitous Anime girl decal on the dome...

I was considering doing the dome as the UNSpacy roundel... I have lots of other Macross models with such Radar Domes for ubiquitous anime girls...

but that said ubiquitous anime girl is always an option :D