Bandai Hi-Metal R: Dougram series

treatment

12 hours ago, DewPoint said:

HI-METAL R - Soltic H8RF Roundfacer Korchima Special - Limited Edition up for pre-order if anyone is interested!

12280 yen.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/27471-hi-metal-r-soltic-h8rf-roundfacer-korchima-special-limited-edition.html

I still don't really understand Bandai's stupid allergy for insisting on making the Soltic-H8s as twe/pbandai only.

Particularly these Korchima battalion, where you have to have four to recreate the team.

It's like someone at Bandai really really hates the H8 (is there an echo here?) and just don't want it to get easily accessible, especially with western blokes like us. 

Bluefin doesn't even offer any H8s at amzn, iirc.

Wishing Takara still have the Dougram-license.

:angry:

Like Takara did anything good with it for 30 years? Gashapon?

Easily the best Dougram toys ever made and the complaint is that you have to pay for your preorder in advance?

If you feel like you need 4, so be it, but 1 super great Korchima H8 is way better than the only real toy representation so far... the revoltech. 

I would happily pay in advance for every HMR Dougram toy to be a TWE, so long as they keep coming. 2 recolors of the blockhead next please. 

Nah.

My complaint is just not getting why Bandai made it a twe/pbandai release instead of general release.  They're the best HMRs and significantly much bettter than both the Macross-HMR and Xabungle-HMR lines.

Yet Bandai decided to (continue) to pull this shop-exclusive shenanigans on it.

I just don't get it. 

Unfortunate, but I can go without any Korchima HMR.  Guess my regular cf H8 will just be enough for me for now.

Prolly might still get one if I see one at ami or manda after release at a good reduced pricing...

:unknw:

My guess is that is is more a popularity issue.  There is demand, but no where near what the Macross line gets.  Not a lot of sequels to keep the popularity up.  This gives me hope that we might see TWE blue Phalanxs.  I did watch the 1st episode of Dougram. I'm not sure if I'll continue with it.

It's definitely a supply and demand issue. When they're worried sales will be low they make them TWE, then they can see what the actual sales are before releasing. 

The H8 is Y14000 on the secondary market, not that much more than they were when originally released. I considered getting a 2nd for a while,  but eventually decided against it. One of each armor variant is enough for me. 

Dougram anime is pretty slow. Like most things, they could have done it in much less episodes. Would be awesome if they rebooted, but will never happen. 

Edited by easnoddy

7 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

It's definitely a supply and demand issue. When they're worried sales will be low they make them TWE, then they can see what the actual sales are before releasing.

Not sure if that's a valid reason anymore for Bandai to make 'em TWE.

Roy Focker's the most popular and always automatic best-seller in the Macross toys, yet they made the HMR-Roy a TWE.

Meanwhile, the HMR Timp has been a perennial shelfwarmer since even during preorder.  Same with HMR Brockary.  Both can still be found shelfwarming at cdj, ami, and even amz-jp, iirc. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, easnoddy said:

So a day after NY sends me a message about the Korchima Soltic being delayed until July 27th, they send me a pre-shipping notification on it.  So, expecting it soon!

Mine's already shown up at FromJapan, but I'll be waiting to ship it for some other stuff to show most likely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Over a long period I've been watching Dougram.  The main problem with the show is its SO SLOW.  Got to episode 53 I think and after around 10-15 episodes of not much happening, STUFF IS FINALLY happening.  Ironfoots make their appearance and the first combat armor battle.  I think this show could be remade in 13 episodes, 26 episodes max and it would be epic.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Corrinald said:

I dig the addition of vehicles and updated paint jobs on these. Hoping we also get some new Combat Armors too. The Hi Metal R line is perfect for Dougram mecha.

I will buy any Combat Armors they want to produce for this line. I like everything about this line. Just need more of them! Anyone have any ideas about how well these are selling?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...