Bandai Hi-Metal R: Dougram series

treatment

4 minutes ago, treatment said:

Techroid Blader is a different series than Dougram, afaict.  I'm not familiar with that line or series.

You might as well start a new thread about it and help us out.

Here's TD's thread about it (it got some other pics, I think):

http://toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-265096-1-1.html

thanks Treatment, 

i don't know anything about the series so i'd prob not make a thread i know nothin about :D but i'll keep an eye on this HMR

• 2 weeks later...

So after much delay and an unfortunate trip to Houston my Hi-Metal Soltic finally arrived. I managed to get him out of the package, assembled, and posed. I must say that the non-Macross offerings in this line are quite impressive. He has a pleasing heft, and can be fantastic articulation. I love the 80's real robot aspect of this line. I know that we probably won't get any more Dougram mechs, but a man can dream. 

19 hours ago, jenius said:

I got mine too, the art on the package is beautiful.

The art is quite impressive, but I thought it was odd that there isn't any sort of window in it. I mean, I love the artwork, but it is odd that you can't see the toy.

4 hours ago, Felix said:

The art is quite impressive, but I thought it was odd that there isn't any sort of window in it. I mean, I love the artwork, but it is odd that you can't see the toy.

Sad to say that most of the Tamashii Web Exclusives releases such as the Soltic doesn't have front side window on their boxes. The good thing though is that some of the releases now have 'colored' boxes whereas years ago it only comes with monochromatic color.

Edited by no3Ljm

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
6 minutes ago, Felix said:

The Green  Soltic is fantastic. Far and away the best toy version of it, which is saying a lot. Wonder when the release/pre-order date is for the Blue one. Any ideas?

Based on the photo @treatment posted above (quote here again below), the preorder date is this coming Feb 15 for a July 2019 release with a price tag of Y11880. And it's a Tamashii Web Exclusive item. So no PO madness.

On 1/26/2019 at 1:09 PM, treatment said:

Finally an update on the Dougram-line!

saw from td earlier:

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-277266-1-1.html

131743m8alan8szfs5ml9z.jpg.67e5c458da1e9af894638d504d749ed6.jpg

Don't see any pbandai/twe indicators, so regular release!

YES!!!

:hail:

Edited by no3Ljm

39 minutes ago, technoblue said:

I need new glasses. I completely missed the February 15 pre-order date the first time I looked at that image.

But @treatment noted that the blue one is a regular release... So is it a regular pre-order or a TWE shop exclusive like the green one?

Is the blue one the Kochima Spl? Based on the product info last bullet detail (under Hi-Metal R logo) on the photo, it says TWE.

Edited by no3Ljm

16 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You're welcome sir! :drinks:

And here’s another like to offset the anon downvote. :hi:

33 minutes ago, Felix said:

Thanks guys! I was so mesmerized by that big beautiful bot that I completely missed the tiny box with the info. Either that or my eyes are getting old.  

Indeed. The blue Soltic does a better job of catching the eye than that tiny print. At least, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. ^_^

3 hours ago, technoblue said:

And here’s another like to offset the anon downvote. :hi:

Indeed. The blue Soltic does a better job of catching the eye than that tiny print. At least, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. ^_^

Aaaawwwww. You don't need to do that, my dear good sir. :hi: 

But. I. Do. Thank. You. :friends:

tenor.gif?itemid=6125888

19 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

Is the preorder time 4 PM JST on Friday 2/15?

No exact time posted yet on the photo nor info on Tamashii website. But expect that it's either around 4pm or 7pm (JST), since those are usually the time when they put items for preorder.