Bandai Hi-Metal R: Dougram series

treatment

Yeah, I've seen it for HKD 880 (USD 113) in a toy shop near my work recently, which is crazy for such a small toy.

I'm sure it's a nice toy and all and I've no idea what the MSRP is supposed to be, but for the size, I wouldn't pay more than HKD 350 (USD 45) for something this size.

Probably why I've never gotten into the Hi-Metal R series, I think they are way overpriced for what you get.

8 hours ago, Graham said:

Yeah, I've seen it for HKD 880 (USD 113) in a toy shop near my work recently, which is crazy for such a small toy.

I'm sure it's a nice toy and all and I've no idea what the MSRP is supposed to be, but for the size, I wouldn't pay more than HKD 350 (USD 45) for something this size.

Probably why I've never gotten into the Hi-Metal R series, I think they are way overpriced for what you get.

Imho, all bandai stuff are overpriced for their sizes. Especially their scalper-friendly TWE stuff.

I wish the HMR-Dougram msrp was around 6k-7k yen, instead of around the 13k-yen mark.

It is what it is, tho.

That said, HMR-Dougram is still a much better toy and a much better buy than say, ET's VF2SS (all incarnations) valks.

The HMR-Dougram has ridiculously excellent articulations and the proportions and weight are very balanced. It's a very solid and satisfying toy.

Just gotta get 'em with the best po-discounts if/when getting 'em to soften the financial blow...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HMR-Dougram has apparently been officially released by Bluefin in the US and is available at Amzn for US$134.99 :

https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamashii-Nations-Hi-Metal-Dougram/dp/B01LXDO69X/

Free shipping, too.

It seems like amzn/bluefin's current pricing on the HMR-Dougram is a bit better than most of the online shops/scalpers pricings right now.

B))

• 1 month later...
On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 3:09 AM, barurutor said:

I'm in, just for the BattleTech :p

Funny that you mention that. I actually got to see and hold several prototype 3d prints of Reseen mechs that will never be mass produced because of potential litigation from Palladian RPG's Robotech clicky's. I was told that the non-Macross designs were 'safe' but not the Macross-y units. Want to cause the few people still working for Catalyst to have collective aneurisms? spam CBT's threads with links to this thread. That will kill ALL the non-Project Phoenix designs to non-existent status. Actually, please don't. That will kill all the new books which have Dougram-y designs as well as future books (when ever they actually make any...)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

hey, i saw a new HMR but don't know if it's part of this series:

180026h3muov34a3303b30.jpg

180026vak8hjn3wpq36zdd.jpg

7 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Bandai new month announcement a few days ago. 

165647hl6q55q9ui9464z2.jpg

Techroid Blader is a different series than Dougram, afaict.  I'm not familiar with that line or series.

You might as well start a new thread about it and help us out.

Here's TD's thread about it (it got some other pics, I think):

http://toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-265096-1-1.html

Edited by treatment
forum lag