Kitz Concept Robotech Toy Line

kajnrig

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up good 'ole Rick Hunter thanks to all you enablers; especially @Slave IV.  I've been traveling in Europe this week so it's waiting for me when I get home.  I've been getting the jones for Macross/Robotech so this line will suffice for now.  Hopefully it doesn't suck me in cuz then I'll need the others damnit

30 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Just picked up good 'ole Rick Hunter thanks to all you enablers; especially @Slave IV.  I've been traveling in Europe this week so it's waiting for me when I get home.  I've been getting the jones for Macross/Robotech so this line will suffice for now.  Hopefully it doesn't suck me in cuz then I'll need the others damnit

Oh it will, it will;)

It really is a very well done figure with great care that went into the while package and it shows. 

Now, I want to know if Dana’s Armor actually fits over the basic figure or if it’s two separate figures. 

Well I thought I would try another Valk from KC. These will be the only two I own. Wanna know why there are no TV missiles? They don’t for. None of them. And it caused my to break one of the connecting points on the wing. Had to super glue it back as well as a thruster. Lame.

However, Rick is really well done as a 12” figure. Gonna mess with that some more. That will go in a case.

E153F1DE-59BD-4297-A6A5-EC0CF2F090FF.jpeg

@DYRL VF-1S yeah I’ve got the black and red 1S and I like it well enough, but some pictures recently of their 1J make it look like they’ve already done some revisions to the design. Hoping to see some improvement there in a few spots I found troublesome (mainly the hip joint connector feeling flimsy, and the head antennae being stiff to the point of breaking).

considering what Robotech fans had as official merchandise before they’re leaps ahead, but they need a little work to close in on Arcadia. I think they can get there with a few tweaks.

Yes, new updates without a significant increase in price will garner more business for them. Wonder if we will see a flood of factory seconds bootlegs due to the large quantity that didn’t meet QC

Twich

5 minutes ago, jenius said:

I wish they'd lay off the rivets.

I have a thing about rivets and indeed even panel lines.

I think they show up too exaggerated when easily visible because if we blew up that item to 100% scale, they've be just gaps that would affect the airframe.

That pic above just screams this. 

In reality if we shrunk an F-14 down to 1/100, I doubt we'd see panel lines of the cockpit assembly anywhere near as easily as we see in that VF-1 pic.

Are those rivets raised?  No modern aircraft has raised rivets.  At most you will have flush rivets.  Wow, that takes something that looked pretty cool to looking like it has herpes.

48 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

I have a thing about rivets and indeed even panel lines.

I think they show up too exaggerated when easily visible because if we blew up that item to 100% scale, they've be just gaps that would affect the airframe.

That pic above just screams this. 

In reality if we shrunk an F-14 down to 1/100, I doubt we'd see panel lines of the cockpit assembly anywhere near as easily as we see in that VF-1 pic.

They should probably blew up a Hasegawa kit so it will have subtle panel lines and rivets rather than shrink the recent 1/6 cockpit speaker. ^_^ 

19 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

Are those rivets raised?  No modern aircraft has raised rivets.  At most you will have flush rivets.  Wow, that takes something that looked pretty cool to looking like it has herpes.

Well, VF-1 is still kind of based on an 'older' fighter jet -- F-14. But for sure back then, those are considered 'modern'. :rolleyes:

Hahaha! Just playin'. :lol:

Anyways, at the scale, does it comes with speakers? ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

The Southern Cross action figure line is gonna be great. The only thing I’m worried about is hip movement. Recent gelgoog kits from Bandai have some interesting solutions to odd waist armor, so I’m wondering if they could take hints from that. The prototype pics so far just look solid at the hip armor even though it appears to be jointed underneath. If they could get that sorted a hover bike would be a cool accessory or at least separate buy.