Kitz Concept Robotech Toy Line

kajnrig

33 minutes ago, jenius said:

At this size, YES! Especially if Sentinel goes with a reinterpretation of the Legioss. I couldn't definitely enjoy having KC feed my classic itch while Sentinel gives me a modern take.

Big yes to that!

So much cringe watching that video. Obviously he is not a big fan of Macross / Robotech with the head being backward and the transformation being so sloppy. Such a disservice to an otherwise fantastic looking toy.

The detailing with the panel lining is great. It kind of reminds me of the Tomytec models. 

I still dislike those massive upper air intakes, and the leg intakes are also a little bit off. 

Again even in the instruction manual they don't show the shoulders being able to be positioned with the wings fully open.

LED gimmick is kind of nice, but I don't feel like it was required. Glowing camera module or gun pod don't come to mind when I think of Macross / Robotech. It's more a giant robot or Gundam thing. Actually the only Macross glowing thing that comes to mind is when Hikaru / Rick was flying through the Shadow Zone of Saturn and all you could see were his lights in fighter mode. Now that is a memorable scene involving glowing lights. :wub:

I found it strange that they didn't package the toy in Fighter mode like Bandai and Yamarcadia do. Macross / Robotech valkyries are primarily Fighter planes, and the other 2 modes are their secret weapons. Especially since it's easier to learn to transform from Fighter > Guardian > Batteloid and not the other way around. Then again the Hi Metal R series are all packaged in Battroid right (sorry I'm going off memory, and I also don't own any HMR)?

2 hours ago, eggy99 said:

I found it strange that they didn't package the toy in Fighter mode like Bandai and Yamarcadia do. Macross / Robotech valkyries are primarily Fighter planes, and the other 2 modes are their secret weapons. Especially since it's easier to learn to transform from Fighter > Guardian > Batteloid and not the other way around. Then again the Hi Metal R series are all packaged in Battroid right (sorry I'm going off memory, and I also don't own any HMR)?

Yes, Bandai packages all HMR VF-1s in battroid mode. It might be more space-efficient, or a reflection of the art on the box, which is usually in battroid. But I agree that VFs should be packed in fighter. The 1/100 Hi Metal (non-R) were done that way.

Toynami also packages their 1/100 VF-1S in battroid/battloid.

4 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

That was some brutal handling of a Valkyrie. It does sound ratchety. I hope it is durable at least. Agreed, the man in the video appears to be so unfamiliar with a Valkyrie.

That was the highlight of the video, that delightful ratchety sound. The panel lining & tampo do look nice on this Valk. 

5 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

That was some brutal handling of a Valkyrie. It does sound ratchety. I hope it is durable at least. Agreed, the man in the video appears to be so unfamiliar with a Valkyrie.

I think he just handled the toy like a toy. ^_^ 

1 hour ago, jenius said:

I can't think of anything before the Bandai reissues in 2000ish or the Yamato V1s, I can't remember which came first. HCM, JM HCM, henkei, 1/100, 1/55, block system, paro, all were battroids.

:rolleyes:.....courtesy of Anymoon.com! 

Taka-Super-VF-1S-1.jpg

Double bonus time!!!

What Bandai non-VF-1 release was also originally packaged in Battroid mode.....then in Fighter-mode packaging for its re-release?

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You meant, none of your collectibles would survive, right? ^_^ 

I posted in another thread a couple weeks ago how shocked I was getting in some recent actual "toys", and not being worried about breaking them. I've gotten so used to collectibles or toys that are 30+ years old.

20 minutes ago, JB0 said:

I think that the VF-1 should be packaged in GERWALK mode. It is distinctive and unique, even if it is the absolute worst for packaging efficiency.

Only if it comes on a blister card like the old arii gerwalk figures.

s-l640.jpg.137d0a9729bb099c6db6779e71b8b21c.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

The original Takatoku 1/55 VF-1 would and still can easily take such a beating! :aggressive:

Speaking of how VF's are packaged...Bonus Round!.....Who can name the first VF ever released and packaged in fighter mode straight out of the box?

Actually, the Achilles heel of the original chunky monkeys was the shoulder hinges. My first ever chunky monkey I bought was already split in half at those shoulder hinges. It was the only thing i could get, so i bought it, and I still have it today. Also a friend gave me one that was missing the tail, and the shoulder hinges were also broken.

I did get the 1/55 Bandai, re-releases. If you handle them with care they'll last an eternity.

This last video, shows the "robotech" fighter properly transformed. I have to say, i'm tempted to pull the trigger on one of these. Maybe i'll wait for a review first. Also, i am guessing the Gerwalk mode is not its forte, since only one valk is on display, is in that mode.

Are you guys getting these from Robotech.com , or from kitzconcept.com directly? 

Edited by vlenhoff
content

It’s cheaper from Kitz isn’t it? They’ve got the preorder discount (assumption based on Rick 1/12 preorder) and free express shipping. 

Seems their customer service is top notch too from what I’ve read. 

Can we say the same for Robotech.com?

8 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

That was the highlight of the video, that delightful ratchety sound. The panel lining & tampo do look nice on this Valk. 

I do like the ratchety sounds, and the tampo printing. I don't mind the huge upper intakes either. The fighter mode looks super solid too.

My only gripes are the feet extruding very far from the figther mode, and the massive head in the bottom. At least the arms are not hanging low. 

Does anyone here have the SD kitzconcept joke machines? If so, how are they holding up? 

Edited by vlenhoff
Gripes.

7 minutes ago, JB0 said:

The perfect Valk package. 

Wait, a super 1D? That's... weird.

Don’t you remember that episode where Minmei was modelling her newest swimwear while Lisa was at Rick’s place tidying up, all the while Rick was ogling Minmei using his communications HUD in his Super VF-1D? 

:blink:

3 hours ago, eggy99 said:

Can we say the same for Robotech.com?

I will admit that I've ordered a few things directly from them over the years (i.e. when they were on clearance). Their shipping rates are excessive, and the items aren't packed very professionally. That said, one time when I had an issue with a product and emailed them to let them know, Steve emailed me back apologizing and send out a replacement within a day.

I think he might be the only employee there.

• 2 weeks later...