Kitz Concept Robotech Toy Line

kajnrig

11 hours ago, tekering said:

Actually, I think this Minmay figure is far better...

...but it's not Robotech.  <_<

I'm looking forward to pre-ordering Rick as well.

lol i should have been more specific, best 'action' figure of her =-) 

I wish they put them both up at the same time, as I fear that if MM doesn't sell well enough they might not do the Rick! 

1 hour ago, Sam said:

lol i should have been more specific, best 'action' figure of her =-) 

Sadly, there's little competition there.  <_<

I think it's a shrewd choice, encouraging us to order Minmei because we want the Rick figure produced.  Minmei would undoubtedly not sell as well if it were the other way around, nor would sales be as high if they'd bundled them together and charged nearly $100...

13 hours ago, tekering said:

No need to search online, the so-called "recycle shops" here are full of 'em. 

notched.thumb.jpg.fcb6f3bd84861eaa1267d25e08cb457d.jpg

Removing the cap simply requires some heating with a hair dryer, so the vinyl's soft enough for the glue to separate.  It only leaves a small notch in the top of Minmay's head, which is easily puttied and painted over if you're so inclined...  I simply haven't bothered yet.

It's more CR Fever than Mikimoto, but it's still the best Minmay face I've seen on a figure.  

Hey Tekering. Thanks for this. Really appreciate it. Will probably do the same soon. ;)

Also, does the head separates from the base of the neck or from the base of the head?

Neither, really.  The skin tones are a perfect match, so it doesn't really matter where you cut it... so long as your cuts are in a consistent place on both figures, of course.  ^_^

I just cut at the base of the neck, where a neck joint usually appears on an articulated figure.

12 hours ago, tekering said:

Neither, really.  The skin tones are a perfect match, so it doesn't really matter where you cut it... so long as your cuts are in a consistent place on both figures, of course.  ^_^

I just cut at the base of the neck, where a neck joint usually appears on an articulated figure.

Thanks sir! Once I'm ready to do the same, hope it's ok to bother you when I have questions on customizing it. ^_^

Unless they do an Elint, I doubt I'll bite on their 1/72. By all appearances, though, it looks pretty good so far, but I think I'd wait for the inevitable reviews before committing. I'm not into collecting character figs, but I have to say I think KC did a nice job on their Minmei.

FWIW there will be a fast pack set.  For those that already perordered the 1/72 VF-1 it'll be an additional ~$50 (total of ~$140 including shipping vs. projected MSRP or ~$170)  It will have the UN Spacy kite logo (this is robotech not dyrl).  they have not decided whether those that order both will get it "all in on box" gift set style or just packed in as another box in the shipment).  oh the fast packs will have LED lights as per so far the one photo on their main website.

Man I wish this thing would release already. It's not like I don't have enough Valks. I have too many probably but it's exciting to get a new Valk from new company. Like the rest of the planet I think the Arcadia/Yamato 1/60 V2 is as good as it gets overall, still each one you buy you basically know what you're getting. Same Valk, engineering etc. Just diff markings colors and maybe accessories. A new product in a different scale from new company just has me all excited. It's completely new and handling will be a 100% fresh and new experience. It's been a long time since I've had that experience opening a VF. I imagine if it turns out to be a crap flawed product my disappointment will be overwhelming lol. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to admit, I do like that the Fast Packs include LED lights for the main engines and maneuvering thrusters. Also that the VF-1S come with a stand.

1/72 scale, huh?  Ugh... not another form factor. *Sigh*

• 5 weeks later...

Just an FYI..  I reached out to Kitz Concepts awhile back inquiring about any additional releases of the TV Fokker 1S SD valk..    They kept telling me soon..   Well I just got a response saying that they should be putting it out again in Q3 2018..     

Its the only SD Valk I have not been able to snag..  when it pops on ebay it's waaaaaay overpriced.

2 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Just an FYI..  I reached out to Kitz Concepts awhile back inquiring about any additional releases of the TV Fokker 1S SD valk..    They kept telling me soon..   Well I just got a response saying that they should be putting it out again in Q3 2018..     

Its the only SD Valk I have not been able to snag..  when it pops on ebay it's waaaaaay overpriced.

I felt a great disturbance in the Market Price for the KC SD VF-1S, as if millions of toilets suddenly flushed in terror and were suddenly silenced.....

20 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Wait, there was a TV version of the SD Fokker 1S? I thought it was just a movie version.