Kitz Concept Robotech Toy Line

kajnrig

1 hour ago, Kuma Style said:

Regardless please don't tell others what their experience is when they obviously know their own experience better than anyone. Thank you.

I am not telling anyone what their experience is, just relaying my own and what seems to be that of most everyone else's whose had this toy in their possession since initial release...well except yours, of course! :rolleyes:

Not everyone transforms their valks back and forth every week is I think a big part of this.

If it gets loose after repeated transformations that just means it's one of the toys that shouldn't be transformed back and forth a lot (and there are a lot of those).

If it's loose out of the box, or after a long time standing in battroid, that's something different.

It's important to qualify the issues rather than just slapping an "IT SUCKS" label over the top. The latter is not helpful.

It looks good.    I have been happy with the line so far,  and I haven't had any "issues"..   so that makes 2 (knocks on wood)

Honestly though,  your paying $120ish for a toy..   compare that to what $300-$400+ for the closest competitor and it holds its own.

Combine that with KC Customer Service actually helping with some members here on MW..   try getting Bandai to do that.

Remember folks... here on MW Bandai can do no wrong.. and the newcomer never gets any breaks... lol

On 2/21/2020 at 1:47 PM, Kuma Style said:

It's a pre production sample and the final copy won't have the discrepancy in the left foot. It was told to me before it was even sent. Regarding the hands yes I totally agree they're spindly but given the size of the product there's no way to avoid it with hands that need to be that size for transformation. This is why it comes with fixed hands like every other modern valk toy for the same reason. 

And I'm not particularly biased towards this product so this isn't me going out of my way to defend it and argue with you personal, but there seems to be some unecessary picking within this post. 

I wasn't really picking.......just stating my observations based on the photograph provided.

I did say it looked better than the MPC, so my opinion wasn't entirely negative.  I'd probably have to see it from other angles, with comparisons to other toys as well as line art, and in the other modes to formulate a better opinion, but I will admit, it doesn't look horrible with what information I have seen.

I'm glad we agree on the chicken fingers, and I understand that maybe it's the limitation of the scale, but even if it were a Bandai product, it would still be a deal breaker for me.  I'm not at all happy with my 1/48 Yammies with the chicken fingers, which is why I like the DX line - the standard articulated hands are passable, without swapping to the fixed pose hands provided.

3 hours ago, peter said:

I did say it looked better than the MPC, so my opinion wasn't entirely negative.  I'd probably have to see it from other angles, with comparisons to other toys as well as line art, and in the other modes to formulate a better opinion, but I will admit, it doesn't look horrible with what information I have seen.

I made a comparison post last year, between the KC, the Caibre Wings diecast, and the Bandai kit in terms of 1/72 scale fighter mode sculpt.

IMHO, if fighter mode sculpt is prime importance, then the Calibre Wings diecast would be my top choice. Followed by the Bandai kit. The KC toy's fighter sculpt from the side view is not really good. From the intakes area and back, it's rather off IMO. 

That said, the KC toy is a choice if transformation and battroid mode is important. If they've improved the QC, all the better.

21 hours ago, peter said:

I wasn't really picking.......just stating my observations based on the photograph provided.

I'm glad we agree on the chicken fingers, and I understand that maybe it's the limitation of the scale, but even if it were a Bandai product, it would still be a deal breaker for me.  I'm not at all happy with my 1/48 Yammies with the chicken fingers, which is why I like the DX line - the standard articulated hands are passable, without swapping to the fixed pose hands provided.

Honestly I think your points are pretty fair. I actually agree with 100% of what you're saying here. The articulated hands on the DC are REALLY good but what I was saying was just that with the product and hands being so much smaller than the 1/48 DX it's pretty impossible to duplicate that at a smaller hands because the hands and fingers are unfortunately just that much smaller. I just hate that it's Robotech branded so there's pretty much never any hope for DYRL styled hands. :(

------------------

So went to get this reviewed last night and had a setback in the form of having misplaced the instructions somewhere which isn't HUGE because I know how to transform it from the VF-1S but I want to make sure I get all of the differences to relay and there are things like it having waist swivel but I don't know if there's a way to get the bar unlocked like the Bandai DX to utilize it... so need to find those before diving totally in.

Quick snap:

1-500.png

@Kuma Style how does it "feel"? I've got their Dark Red 1S and like it plenty, but it feels a bit... unbalanced I guess? Like the legs are nice and weighty, solid, joints all seem pretty good. The body and arms in comparison feel very light and a bit wobbly? (except for the head antennae/lasers, which are so tight I worry they'll break). Makes it easy to pose since the weight is all on the bottom but I'm wondering if there's a more even feel to this one.

I also have some Arcadia VF-1s and they feel light but even all the way around, and one of the newer DX VF-1s which also feels even but just overall stronger/more solid (probably due to weight).

My KC gets more play time than the others, mostly because I can reach it easier than the ones on my top shelves, and I like the 1S plenty, but I think I'm more excited for this 1J release than whatever Bandai does next, just because it could be a much easier/more affordable route into a skull/vermillion squadron shelf.

2 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

@Kuma Style from that picture it looks really good!

It's actually pretty nice looking in-hand. 

2 hours ago, MKT said:

This revised KC mold just keeps looking better and better!

Not sure if its the lighting or not, but it looks like the return of pink VFs ala Arcadia :lol:

It's reflecting off of the background which is brownish. I decided to change it out because of that reason: See below.

1 minute ago, jeniusornome said:

@Kuma Style how does it "feel"? I've got their Dark Red 1S and like it plenty, but it feels a bit... unbalanced I guess? Like the legs are nice and weighty, solid, joints all seem pretty good. The body and arms in comparison feel very light and a bit wobbly? (except for the head antennae/lasers, which are so tight I worry they'll break). Makes it easy to pose since the weight is all on the bottom but I'm wondering if there's a more even feel to this one.

I also have some Arcadia VF-1s and they feel light but even all the way around, and one of the newer DX VF-1s which also feels even but just overall stronger/more solid (probably due to weight).

My KC gets more play time than the others, mostly because I can reach it easier than the ones on my top shelves, and I like the 1S plenty, but I think I'm more excited for this 1J release than whatever Bandai does next, just because it could be a much easier/more affordable route into a skull/vermillion squadron shelf.

Questions Noted for review.

-----------------------------------

2-398.png

Thank you, guys! And I was able to get a hold of the company and this didn't come with instructions at all so I don't really know what I was thinking because I swore up and down they did (but I get a lot of stuff in a given week so I probably mixed it up and just ran with it.) Production's held up with the whole Coronavirus deal so they haven't been printed yet but I did receive an image copy of them. Off hand it looks 

Unfortunately it does have waist swivel BUT there's no way to detach the bar like the Bandai DXC so it's extremely limited (<45% each way.) Honestly I would've just ripped off what the DX Chogokin did without a single regret (but obviously I'm not going to say that to them, lol.) Personally I don't see anything wrong with an innovation becoming a new standard for toy homages to a particular character unless there are patents on the addition and whatnot.

(I **do** have an idea that I think will add full waist articulation but I'm going to wait until getting the review knocked out to do it. Granted it works I think it's simple enough to where if it's not too late KitzConcept may be able to change it.)

I think their new Valkyrie design is nice, although I do have my little complaints here and there about certain things. I do think the Japanese companies like Bandai and Arcadia do it better, but this does look rather impressive for not being from those companies. Definitely far better than anything Robotech was doing.

Anyway, something I brought up in the southern cross section concerning the hover tank tease and how ugly it’s looking. Just wondering if this company would ever be doing a hover tank that’s on at least the level of cool as this vf1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jeniusornome said:

@Kuma Style awesome, can’t wait to see it! Real excited for this release. 

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Right?!  I don't feel like super gluing anymore...

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Here's to hoping the missiles don't yank the hard points out anymore!

Cleaning the house atm but should be working now...

Just now, sh9000 said:

The scale is 1/72.

That's what the title says, but regardless you're a person that literally reports members for the smallest critiques on your photography and the like so can you cut the crap?

Alright so with this I am going to knock out the gallery for my site tonight because I have to start on the product photos this weekend. If there are any specific things you want to see or even have looked at more in depth than I could in the video just tag or message me. Really stinks about the Rick figure but I think it should still be good all things considered.

Thanks for the review.

Sadly, it would seem that this release has the same fitment between parts issues that plagued the VF-1S.  Unless you did not transform it correctly?

The biggest issues for me, besides the short time it took to become a floppy mess, was the initial fit between the legs/intakes and the main body....

As seen in your video...

large.2086370002_vf1jkc.JPG.b98e11b09f19

It is a problem in fighter mode...but a bigger problem in "gerwalk" mode...

large.711724207_Intaketabconnectiontomai

Additionally, I see they have done nothing to improve the fit between the cockpit part and the main body either...it was/is a problem with the VF-1S....

large.1316913646_Fuselageconnectiontomai

How about the ground clearance?  Does the gunpod still drag or did they add some height to the landing gear?

large.2058456159_tallerlandinggearmorecl

My VF-1S was just as "solid" in the beginning...but soon the lower legs really got loose and wobbly to the point it could not keep a standing pose without major intervention...so I am concerned that will be the same with this "new" VF-1J.

Based on this initial review, it would appear KC tossed all of their "upgrade" budget into remolding the cockpit light gimmick access switch and the extra "DX" thigh mobility.

Personally, I would have preferred they invested into just making everything tighter and making it hold in place better with better connection points, before adding additional articulation...but we shall see.

I also have to say, for some reason, perhaps the retooling of the intake area for the DX-style thigh articulation...the intakes look larger and way more "blocky" than they did in the previous VF-1S release...but perhaps it is just the camera angles you are using.

Anyway, it definitely still looks like it will make for a great "looking" VF-1 display piece....

6 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

**SNIP**

Nope; actually it stays together fine. Here's a pic I'd taken earlier;

4-338.png

Unfortunately part of reviewing is constantly handling and the like stuff just comes loose just like playing and posing on your desk. The difference though is that you can adjust things back to normal really quick before putting something on a shelf but on video it comes off hella' tacky and makes the product way more unstable than it really is if you're adjusting it every 30 seconds on camera so I refrain from it.

But TL: DR - It does not have that problem.