Kitz Concept Robotech Toy Line

kajnrig

On Page 4 of the battroid transformation....it seems like there are 2 pegs/holes connecting the back of the leg to the main body in fighter mode....so hopefully that will keep it in place much better than than the VF-1S did...it is a big annoyance on the sample I have...I have to keep pressing it back into place each time it is handled...can't tell from the pics but I hope they also fixed the way the fuselage connects to the main body in fighter mode...mine keeps coming apart with handling.....

I still like my VF-1S, but it is definitely not something that you can handle too often....it was a "set-it-and-forget-it" display piece when I first got it....even more so now even with limited handling

Hope KC took all of the feedback from the VF-1S and came up with a nice V1.5...:friends:

1 hour ago, Knight26 said:

Being unfamiliar with the earlier models, what are the improvements?

It looks like it is now a tiny Banday DX VF-1 rather than a tiny Arcadia 1/60 VF-1. They've included the integrated neck cavity filler, joints on the shoulders to lower the arms for GERWALK (I think), it looks like some sort of a rotating waist (curious how that works), the outer hinge at the GERWALK joint to achieve a wider stance, reworked the light gimmick so you don't need to pull the nosecone off, and tweaked the stand so it doesn't just work for fighter mode,. If they made it so the missiles don't yank the hard points off, this thing might be full of win.

Wasn’t really  interested in Rick’s 1J, but now I’m considering ordering one just to support continued releases. I’d really like to see a full lineup from them, especially if they’re trying to make improvements like this. 

they’ve already done two oddball repaints of the 1S too, so if they sell well I could see them doing others that aren’t just the main crew. Wouldn’t mind seeing Angel Birds, Alaska Base, Cavaliers...

On 1/23/2020 at 10:47 AM, jenius said:

It looks like it is now a tiny Banday DX VF-1 rather than a tiny Arcadia 1/60 VF-1. They've included the integrated neck cavity filler, joints on the shoulders to lower the arms for GERWALK (I think), it looks like some sort of a rotating waist (curious how that works), the outer hinge at the GERWALK joint to achieve a wider stance, reworked the light gimmick so you don't need to pull the nosecone off, and tweaked the stand so it doesn't just work for fighter mode,. If they made it so the missiles don't yank the hard points off, this thing might be full of win.

4 minutes ago, jeniusornome said:

Wasn’t really  interested in Rick’s 1J, but now I’m considering ordering one just to support continued releases. I’d really like to see a full lineup from them, especially if they’re trying to make improvements like this. 

they’ve already done two oddball repaints of the 1S too, so if they sell well I could see them doing others that aren’t just the main crew. Wouldn’t mind seeing Angel Birds, Alaska Base, Cavaliers...

I’ll definitely wait until I see @jenius review after my experience with Roy’s 1S. These things are easy to get a hold of so no rush for me.

14 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Was the backpack high like that on their first VF-1S release? 

47A786C3-937C-4145-89DA-7CA4D6E327BC.jpeg

Image result for kitzconcept 1/72 vf-1s"

Here's a pic of the VF-1S. 

The VF-1J backpack is either just a wee-bit higher now or simply not transformed properly. 

It also looks like that airbrake might articulate, based on one of those pictures....or is that just really dark panel lining....hard to tell, but if they are trying to make it like a 1/72 scale DX toy, this might be an easy addition to the mold for them.

Twich

Edited by twich

1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

So they're using a Flightpose stand instead of their own for pictures?

Because the weight of the diecast legs doesn't allow for those "cool" poses for too long after the first few transformations.....it becomes a floppy mess....hopefully the ratchet knee joints have been beefed-up....but the use of the flight pose is not encouraging....;)

Airbrake, backpack height and flight stand... really is that the most important thing everyone is getting from these images?

How about we talk about the new forward swivel for the shoulder/arm or the additional bending range in the upper leg?

IMO this new articulation gives Kitz's VF-1s a USP, confirm to me that it also has waist swivel and it would suddenly make Arcadia's and Bandai's implementation look a bit behind.

1 hour ago, lechuck said:

Airbrake, backpack height and flight stand... really is that the most important thing everyone is getting from these images?

How about we talk about the new forward swivel for the shoulder/arm or the additional bending range in the upper leg?

IMO this new articulation gives Kitz's VF-1s a USP, confirm to me that it also has waist swivel and it would suddenly make Arcadia's and Bandai's implementation look a bit behind.

Catch up. Go back to page 39. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...