Kitz Concept Robotech Toy Line

kajnrig

15 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

Um... I guess this figure is for total completists.

Or for people who didn't like the other outfit and passed on it. The sad thing is that a second Minmay will probably sell better than any other character they haven't done or isn't in the works yet (Roy, Lisa). Don't be surprised if the next releases are all second flavors of the first releases.

12 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Looks like they're taking a page from Bandai's 'nickel & dime' playbook.

"Oh, you want the good hair sculpt for that Minmay figure you already bought? You'll have to buy this entirely new figure!" <_<

That, and... "Oh, you want to put this included superior hair sculpt to proper use?  You'll have to buy the previously released figure!":wacko:  Which is where I'd find myself.

Honestly, I wish Hikaru looked more like Roy. I think Roy is perhaps the best sculpt out of the bunch. I wish they can produce the formal uniform versions. I also hope they better the clothing sculpt, as I think HIkaru looks just a bit too slim. Sorry to :5:

2 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Honestly, I wish Hikaru looked more like Roy. I think Roy is perhaps the best sculpt out of the bunch. I wish they can produce the formal uniform versions. I also hope they better the clothing sculpt, as I think HIkaru looks just a bit too slim. Sorry to :5:

Having just acquired the Hikaru figure, I totally agree, although I think they tried to copy the anime without regard to actual 3D human characteristics.  Just googled this perfect example... Honestly the Roy figure will probably look oddly proportioned when he's in hand as well.  The camera always adds 10lbs, lol.  So when you take 10lbs off for an irl figure of a character who's impossibly skinny with a huge head, it's gonna look funny.

image.png.b3fa1757337c72bf652c1bbaa08b112b.png

For sure. I’m in for Max, Miriya and Dana. Even Maia if they ever got to that point. 

not sure about new generation figs - although I’d probably consider a few, I really just want Lancer and Rook, and Sentinel is halfway there already (plus they’ve already shown a prototype for Rook / Houquet). Though the ride armor is an added bonus imo, so if KC does them well enough I might sell the sentinel ones. (or if Sentinel has some breakage issues like some users are reporting, I might just return the Lancer I have and wait for KC anyways).

I’ve got to be careful about buying too many of them. No room to put them all up and I definitely wouldn’t want to keep them in boxes. 

Edited by jeniusornome

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:27 AM, jenius said:

sad thing is that a second Minmay will probably sell better than any other character they haven't done

Gasp...when the hell did the dolly win the toy war with the toy soldier?

(The toy soldier, THE boys toy since the time of the Pharohs.)

18 hours ago, Pontus said:

Having just acquired the Hikaru figure, I totally agree, although I think they tried to copy the anime without regard to actual 3D human characteristics.  Just googled this perfect example... Honestly the Roy figure will probably look oddly proportioned when he's in hand as well.  The camera always adds 10lbs, lol.  So when you take 10lbs off for an irl figure of a character who's impossibly skinny with a huge head, it's gonna look funny.

image.png.b3fa1757337c72bf652c1bbaa08b112b.png

F01D1135-7F82-4498-9946-CBFB4345E8EC.jpeg.2efa9093670aeb895e3c7e69080075a0.jpeg

I’ll be happy with my figures.

6 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Gasp...when the hell did the dolly win the toy war with the toy soldier?

(The toy soldier, THE boys toy since the time of the Pharohs.)

But these aren't toys, and they aren't marketed to boys.  Kitz Concept labels them as "collectibles," and they're sold to adult males, who typically prefer female characters... especially in Japan.  <_<

50 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Will grab it as soon as the PO is announced...but it will not help in bringing that pic SH9000 posted to life....;)

I want figures in their uniforms as well.  I’d recreate that group pic.

On 12/12/2019 at 12:46 PM, derex3592 said:

Yeh, I hear you on the nitpicking of Rickaru. I agree. However, these are hands down the best (pretty much only) iteration of these characters. I'm elated that we're FINALLY getting good figs.  

Absolutely.

On 12/12/2019 at 1:07 PM, sh9000 said:

I can't wait to get Lisa, Roy, Minmei version 2, and much more.

I wish I could too, maybe later.

On 12/12/2019 at 1:23 PM, derex3592 said:

If and when they eventually do Southern Cross and Next Gen figures, my wallets going to be in trouble! 

Cars can also disintegrate wallets...

18 hours ago, arbit said:

I usually love the China dress outfit, but something is just not right with this figure.

Roy looks awesome though. Best of the group so far. 

China dress looks ok, but yes, a bit off. Roy is drool worthy imho.

18 hours ago, sh9000 said:

F01D1135-7F82-4498-9946-CBFB4345E8EC.jpeg.2efa9093670aeb895e3c7e69080075a0.jpeg

I’ll be happy with my figures.

One day i'll have them too!

On 12/13/2019 at 3:27 PM, tekering said:

But these aren't toys, and they aren't marketed to boys.  Kitz Concept labels them as "collectibles," and they're sold to adult males, who typically prefer female characters... especially in Japan.  <_<

Collecting Female soldiers/combatants/command collectibles like Millia, Klan etc is cool. But Min Mei is just a civilian. Storywise she's not even an interesting character like Millia.

No way she makes a better collectible than armored Zentradi soldiers you can form marching columns and firing lines with.