Kitz Concept Robotech Toy Line

kajnrig

1) CALLED IT!

2) Is she shorter or just smaller heels?

3) Agreed on limited articulation... she'll probably be a standing straight up or having one leg poking out of the dress type figure

4) I like that she has swappable extras that work with the first release

I can't recall the context of her wearing this dress.... might have to rewatch some episodes before I do a review.

7 minutes ago, jenius said:

I can't recall the context of her wearing this dress.... might have to rewatch some episodes before I do a review.

She wears it whenever she's working in her family's restaurant iirc.

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

CB19DBCB-D5C2-4308-8E2C-84D58D17C3FE.thumb.jpeg.20d6057b7cd35bc08de098ee4a2ba276.jpeg

Called it! LOL...

And you know the purple version will be a "limited" release! :rolleyes:

A new character would have been nice, but I will support the line with a purchase.

If they want to continue releasing the "Many outfits of Minmay"....I suggest an Episode One Minmay with a Yotchan 2-pack!

sdf-macross-episode-01-remastered-galaxy

...and if they do that....may as well release a Hikaru in civilian pilot outfit....with a Petite Cola machine!

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Who's this "Cheong Sam" character?  I don't remember anyone in Macross named Sam. :lol: 

Too bad they didn't include the braided hair in that pic from the movie though.  

Someone should suggest it with a link to the music video or episode screen cap...may not be too late!

On 3/6/2018 at 6:04 PM, jvmacross said:

Minmei Episode One outfit

Minmei singing debut dress

Minmei Final Battle Dress

Minmei "Miss Macross" swimsuit

Minmei "Miss Macross" winner outfit

"Shower time" Minmay

Minmei in Red Chinese dress

Minmei in Purple Chinese Dress

Minmei "shopping" dress

Minmei in yokohama outfit

Minmei in UN Spacy uniform

Minmei in Winter coat

Minmei last episode

then they can start milking the DYRL outfits! :wacko:

Good call @jvmacross!

1 minute ago, Convectuoso said:

1426882563_Screenshot_20191205-07444702.png.68b84af66ffd741a2f9b21adbd140f96.png

So it's going to be just SDFM from KitzConcept. Let's hope they release most characters from the TV series, then.

Cool....I'm more of a SDFM TV fan anyway....

So does that mean HG has a separate way it licenses DYRL designs?  Or were previous HG DYRL-based releases just HG over reaching their licensing rights? :unknw:

well, that is kinda interesting....having all of these little gimmicks in a $130-$150 toy that you do not have to go through all the hoops to get.....seems rather interesting, hope the hips isn't the only modification of the mold that they did.

Twich

1 hour ago, twich said:

well, that is kinda interesting....having all of these little gimmicks in a $130-$150 toy that you do not have to go through all the hoops to get.....seems rather interesting, hope the hips isn't the only modification of the mold that they did.

Twich

Not sure, but it looks like they are adding metal feet as well.

Here’s the original prototype with plastic feet.

NEVERMIND, feet are metal on first release. These are probably just primed.

B76742F2-66AE-45D6-AEBA-1A1057C63683.jpeg

Edited by nightmareB4macross
Metal feet.

that is a pretty smart looking VF-1 rendition.  Are there other, better molds for the VF-1?  Sure, Do they cost at least double, sometimes quadruple the cost?  Now they do.  For someone who just wants a cool, perfect transformation VF-1 that they could possibly give to their kid without having to worry about possibly breaking a toy worth $500, I think that this is a good option for those who are looking for a good, inexpensive VF-1.  Also, with the improvements that they are making to the mold, I have to give them props.  I remember the first V1 Yamato Vf-1 and thinking that it was totally the bomb, and then the 1/48 VF-1 was released.  I know that this product was approved for sale by the big, bad Harmony Gold, but it looks like Kitzconcept is attempting to improve their molds and bring more value to their customers.

Twich

Sorry can’t sleep.

So after looking at the picture again, I noticed the shoulder joints are not the Yamato/Arcadia type any longer. They appear to be DX style. Makes me wonder if the slide mechanism is now available on these.

KC is really upping their game.

If these changes are going to be available on new releases, then it would be hard not to consider adding this to any collection. Hopefully they correct the crummy hip connector for fighter mode.

6 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Sorry can’t sleep.

So after looking at the picture again, I noticed the shoulder joints are not the Yamato/Arcadia type any longer. They appear to be DX style. Makes me wonder if the slide mechanism is now available on these.

KC is really upping their game.

If these changes are going to be available on new releases, then it would be hard not to consider adding this to any collection. Hopefully they correct the crummy hip connector for fighter mode.

Good catch, I wonder if that will help Guardian mode not be so frumpy. 

If they manage to fix the frumpiness, tighten up the tolerances a little, fix that blocky chunk under the outer edges of the chest plate, and make the hardpoints solid, I'll probably see if I can at least grab one of these.  Would rather grab Roy's with fast packs, but let's hope they do a re-issue with the improvements.

@nightmareB4macross where’s that prototype pic from?

looks like as you said, different shoulder design and more flexibility by adding that new hip joint. 

really excited to see this. I liked their 1S design enough to consider a few more from them, so if they’re making improvements and keep the price around $110 USD that makes it an even better value IMO. 

4 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

@nightmareB4macross where’s that prototype pic from?

looks like as you said, different shoulder design and more flexibility by adding that new hip joint. 

really excited to see this. I liked their 1S design enough to consider a few more from them, so if they’re making improvements and keep the price around $110 USD that makes it an even better value IMO. 

Found pic on the Mexico Macross Fans FB page. 

I thought MEP Toys was the only company doing Southern Cross figures.

Or at least toying with the idea. 

260B3E5B-D155-4B1B-92EC-F3E758D237E9.jpeg

70870A3E-957D-47E0-949A-EB8235E33A91.jpeg

A50FC14E-FB7E-41C0-863C-94EEF86EFF8D.jpeg

636B8E51-A018-403E-ADAE-6781BA75DBD8.jpeg

A68D25A1-CF65-4728-9D59-177A4653E064.jpeg

4D60EF38-2CF0-487B-A780-454DFC784154.jpeg

noticed on the VF-1J GBP that the hands have articulated fingers which look different from the standard ones that are present on the toy.  I hope that they do get to release all of these various VF-1 variants.  I am curious as well where the prototype of the VF-1J with the new hips and the new shoulders comes from, because I went to the Kitzconcept website, their Facebook page and it wasn't up there.

Twich

That Roy looks spot on!  Glad I preordered one with the guitar! Lisa just still looks...off to me, but I end up getting her anyway. I think a big part of the female characters turn off to me is the knee joints for bare skin. just looks wrong. I'd take better sculped sexy full legs with no joints any day on the girls. 

Edited by derex3592

So Minmei was released last year...

...Rick was released this year...

...and Lisa is coming next year...

...so with Roy ahead of her in the cue, we won't see Chinese dress Minmei until 2022.  <_<  

17 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

I'd take better sculped sexy full legs with no joints any day on the girls. 

I have to agree.  8)