Kitz Concept Robotech Toy Line

kajnrig

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Even the B stars of Macross would sell better than the A stars of Southern Cross... but I'd bet we'll get variants of the A stars before we get the B stars of Macross. Here comes Rick in his dress uniform... then Rick in his episode one flight suit, then comes the DYRL versions....

I'd rather get a Yotchan before they decide to kill the line by releasing anything from Southern Cross

On 11/8/2019 at 5:16 PM, Convectuoso said:

I was wondering if, now that they're about to release the most iconic Macross characters, are they going to continue with that series, maybe Max, Miria or Claudia, or they will go for the leap of faith and start releasing characters from Southern Cross

Leap of faith is one thing.  That is Bat Guano crazy. 

Edited by Dynaman

that terrified zentran is iconic though!  it'd be cool to get any zentradi done well, maybe the 3 spies? haha..not at the current price point though.  i also like the macross city mayor guy . 

in terms of what i'd actually really get (since it might get made)....rick in his orange firest episode suit would be great.  max, mirrya, ben, claudia,...gloval, breetai, exedore.  tahts already a very big collection compared to whats been previously announced or release din any other line and i'd be happy to have those. 

also i kinda wish they'd make the boxes smaller...like sh figuarts does for their star wars figures etc.  rick's box si pretty big for whats included, same for minmay.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that Global or Claudia get made next, but it'll probably be Max then maybe Miria or Kakizaki.  I'm really hoping for a Claudia someday though, and she had better come with some pineapple salad!  Kakizaki should come with an extra large steak.  And Global should have a pipe of course.  Here's hoping they keep this going!  They've got me hooked now.

On 11/9/2019 at 8:45 AM, tekering said:

Why not tertiary characters?  Nameless pilots?  Unidentified Zentradi?  

tertiary.thumb.jpg.873cb0a88fb735c16174dc8e8f7a6481.jpg

What was up with that engineer's eyes?!  I always assumed they were bionic or something.  Maybe he had tattooed eyeballs (yeah, that's a thing now) or modified eyes for better night vision for space work.

9 minutes ago, Pontus said:

What was up with that engineer's eyes?!  I always assumed they were bionic or something.  Maybe he had tattooed eyeballs (yeah, that's a thing now) or modified eyes for better night vision for space work.

I thought that the consensus was that it was due to badly done outsourced artwork, but in the above pic the art doesn't look so bad.  I know that the Argentine fan short film from a few years back actually used that as part of that characters backstory. 

5 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

I thought that the consensus was that it was due to badly done outsourced artwork, but in the above pic the art doesn't look so bad.  I know that the Argentine fan short film from a few years back actually used that as part of that characters backstory. 

IIRC, in Macross he just has weirdly drawn eyes, in Robotech it's from huffing too much protoculture. also in Macross he's just some nameless engineer; in Robotech he's Emil Lang, foremost expert in ROBOTECHNOLOGY. :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, jenius said:

In Macross, his eyes are just a gag... it's intentional but just for shiggles. 

Really, what was the gag supposed to be?  Have any of the creators ever explained it?

2 hours ago, jenius said:

Hopefully someone else can answer more definitively but all i can remember was something being said like "we gave him black eyes, as a joke" and that was it. 

I thought it was just Japanese manga/artistic shorthand to show he's really, really intelligent.  Like a bubble coming out of the nose signifies someone is sleeping, a nose bleed for . . . well, you know. ;)

Adding another email from KC.. about Hikaru/Rick's TV 1J

Dear Customers,

Thank you for your order.

Please be advised that production of the first batch of our 1/72 VF 1-J Rick is expected to be completed around
Christmas.  Kindly understand that as a lot of manual processes are involved in assembling the product, the quantity per
batch is very small.   We will try our best to arrange delivery of all the preorders before Chinese New Year.  Thank you in
advance for your patience in waiting for your turn.  

Paypal invoice for the balance will be sent to you 1-2 weeks before delivery.  If there are any changes in your shipping
details, please let us know promptly.

(If you have already selected the Packaging Upgrade option, please ignore this paragraph.)
Also, please be reminded that our free shipping ( or special shipping) is applicable to standard shipping packaging only,
i.e. 8 protective corners + plastic bubble sheet + vinyl shipping bag.  For customers with higher demand on the
packaging boxes, there is an option to pack the item(s) with an extra carton box at the following additional charge per
unit.  

US, Australia and New Zealand     USD5.00
SE Asia                                      USD3.00
Europe                                       USD8.00
HK                                             USD2.00
Others                                        USD10.00

If you would like to opt in, please revert and we will include the charge in your balance invoice.  For customers who order
more than 1 unit and would like to opt in, please contact us for quotation on the additional charge.

Thank you again for your support!

Regards,

Kitzconcept Ltd

So, I wonder if the VF-1S that just arrived at BBTS are a modified mold with any improvements. I would really like the VF-1J, but a VF-1S that is improved would not be bad either.

Twich

It's not a tweaked mold. Parts were run in December but assembled in a couple batches as far as I can tell. Assembly may have improved. I'm basing this off their response last year when I asked if there April (at the time) release would differ from January and they said no, it was the same run.

On 10/28/2019 at 7:14 PM, Kuma Style said:

Setting aside my personal hatred for anything Harmony Gold, well done review, really enjoy your videos.  I will say that this is the best looking "veritech" that HG is responsible for compared to any previous offerings (the MPC toys still give me the creeps).

I think the 1/48 Chogokin is in a completely different ballpark though, and is light years better than than the KC 1/72, in appearance, size and value.  That's going by MSRP, not current market rate.

If I had $109 USD burning a hole in my pocket, and I had to have something similar in size, I'd probably cough up an extra $60 for the Valkyrie Factory VF-1S Strike.  Yeah, the Valk Factory is third party, and KC isn't, but in my personal opinion, the only difference really is that KC has the legal right and license to make their toy and Valk Factory does not, but at the end of the day, they're both knock-offs to me.

Edited by peter

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

CB19DBCB-D5C2-4308-8E2C-84D58D17C3FE.thumb.jpeg.20d6057b7cd35bc08de098ee4a2ba276.jpeg

I will be buying this, but I would rather have her original singing outfit or at least make the dress on this one less restrictive.  I'm pretty sure it's going to be the same plastic as before which, even in the short skirt, restricted articulation quite a bit (I'm considering cutting it off and replacing it with fabric).  With the long red dress, you might as well make the legs solid.