Kitz Concept Robotech Toy Line

kajnrig

11 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

My$.02. The price comparison between this and the DX is a tough one. Is the DX really $175? Yeah, if someone got one on PO by some miracle. Current pricing, if you can find one is $350+. Current pricing more applicable to the review because it's way past PO time.

IMO something along the lines of this is probably more representative.

"Retail on the DX was $175 but they can't be had for that anymore. Average street value is currently $350 plus"

@jenius - I try to keep things more factual vs. the subjective/objectives. Second hand pricing in collecting is a given with mist items that sell through. When/if these sell there's nothing saying that they won't be $250 themselves and maybe by that time there will be a re release of the vf-1j that's more accessible so then you're comparing the reverse. It becomes a lot of maybes and what ifs and that's not what my channel and reviews are about. It also "future proofs" them by keeping that stuff out.

So in this particular case I stand by how I represented the pricing differences but appreciate your insight.

Edited by Kuma Style

2 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

Shoot them a line as well as supporting them with your $$s

I tried contacting the through the site but their mail system has a glitch. I tried posting on their FB page but that didn't work for some reason. I did manage to DM them through FB though.

I'm absolutely a buyer if they release them. I already have the gold and red version VF-1's. I'd add FP's to those. And then I would buy at least one more of each VF-1 and FP's for them to display in alternate modes. Maybe two more of each to display in all three modes. I'm ready to support the move with my wallet.:good:

If you have a pipeline can you put a bug in their ear?

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

I tried contacting the through the site but their mail system has a glitch. I tried posting on their FB page but that didn't work for some reason. I did manage to DM them through FB though.

I'm absolutely a buyer if they release them. I already have the gold and red version VF-1's. I'd add FP's to those. And then I would buy at least one more of each VF-1 and FP's for them to display in alternate modes. Maybe two more of each to display in all three modes. I'm ready to support the move with my wallet.:good:

If you have a pipeline can you put a bug in their ear?

- Yea FB messages is probably best.

- I was talking more in terms of having bought already released products which you have. I know even for myself with my site and channel to where if I get suggestions and the like from people I'm more prone to really work on the ones from people I know support what I do than not so I'm sure it goes the same with product makers too.

- Yea I talk to them directly but I think stuff like that is better sent by fans because I feel like them seeing messages from 30 people suggesting something is better than me telling them 100 people want something,  even. 

2 hours ago, vladykins said:

Facebook commenting is working for me. I can pop up the comment for you.

Edit: Just dropped the following on the black and red edition. I'll keep you posted.

image.png.646d28b344e9127ee86e1c0732012894.png

Thanks!

7 hours ago, jenius said:

Seeing as the toys are limited to 800 total, it's not a big audience 

They could be applicable to the red and gold versions. And it's just a color change. I'm not sure what is involved in that, but it has to be a whole lot less effort than molds.

Worse case I can take the existing packs and paint some black. I can paint for crap, but I can do flat and semi gloss black!:p

Yeah, I guess it would be fair to say KC's figs are all over the place. I ran a quick search to see how the numbers shake out, but I don't know if the "in universe" heights are accurate. Anyway, here we go:

• Minmay: 15cm fig height on KC's site (I still need to measure my copy), 158cm in universe height, ~1:10.5
  • Hikaru: 15cm fig height on KC's site (my copy measures 16cm). 175cm in universe, 1:11 at 16cm which is a touch tall
  • Misa: 15cm fig height on KC's site, 168cm in universe, or ~1:11.25 using KC's estimates
  • Roy: 19cm fig height on KC's site, 195cm in universe, or ~1:10.25 using KC's estimates

It could be that some modification will be required (like what @tekering did with Hiky's legs) to get them all in scale with each other.

With luck, it will be an easy height modification like Hikaru. I'm not sure how easy it will be to add height if something comes out too small. :unsure:

Edited by technoblue
checked hikaru's fig height

13 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Pre-ordered one, thanks for the heads up @sh9000

11 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Preordered! Thanks

11 hours ago, EmilianoAlfaro said:

Preordered! Thanks

8 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Pre-Ordered! Awesome freebie guitar!  Thanks for heads up @sh9000!

No problem.  Preordered 2 Roys this morning.  Nice idea to throw in a free guitar.

In for Roy..

Also in for a Hikaru TV -1J with fast packs... which I thought I ordered already but apparently did not.

As for scale..  honestly don't care.     If it looks good and displays well with the others scale means nothing to me.

What ever happened to the SD Valk line..  they hinted a GBP 1J..  where is that?

Edited by Stampeed Valkyrie

Inching closer to Max and Miriya, I’m excited. Maybe we’ll even see the Dana figure they teased a while back.

Might be too much to hope for a Maia figure though. 

I wonder what other “Masters” ones they might do... Bowie and Nova maybe? Zor 2? If it even gets past Macross in the first place?

16 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Do we get an alternate bullet - riddled torso too?

I guess we have to wait for Claudia to get a pineapple salad accessory. 

Small drill bit and a little red paint perhaps???....

Seriously though, I do have high hopes that they do a proper Claudia figure, she's way overdue! Minmay and Lisa always get the female character figures and then they just stop.  

Even the B stars of Macross would sell better than the A stars of Southern Cross... but I'd bet we'll get variants of the A stars before we get the B stars of Macross. Here comes Rick in his dress uniform... then Rick in his episode one flight suit, then comes the DYRL versions....