Kitz Concept Robotech Toy Line

kajnrig

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:23 AM, teckno viking said:

Outstanding (thanks also for the Riobot with him) and simple Mod. Still keeps full range of whatever articulation they gave him?
Will do that mod tomorrow as soon as he lands.

As will I! Thank YOU for the heads up!

Edited by Atomski

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:45 AM, tekering said:

He's only too tall because the ankle joints aren't properly imbedded in the legs.  And that's an easy fix:

286316606_beforeandafter.jpg.2ba80b25602dd77e4233414d839fd2a0.jpg

Just Dremel the pant legs hollow to a depth of about a centimeter, and drill a new hole for the peg of the ball joint to fit into.

1712312231_idealheight.jpg.47ade7d8903405448c56ce771f4e1a68.jpg

Now he's the perfect height.  :good:

Did you use a Dremel tool to do that? How much did you shave out?

56 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Geeez, I just got the black and red one. I'm I going to be a completionist and get the gold too?:fool:

Ha! If I had known they were going to open up the Black & Gold version to everyone, I would have waited for it. Now I'm not sure if I'm going to bite. A lot depends on how good the black and red one turns out. For now, I think good build quality is something of a lottery for the Kitzconcept Valkyries. At least, for the moment. I only have my TV Roy 1S to go by. My black and red edition shipped yesterday.

My copy of TV Roy 1S which shipped last month arrived with many of the same issues that @jenius observed in his AnyMoon review earlier in the year: the cockpit was not closing flush (on my copy this was because the pilot's seat was mounted at too proud of an angle--good news is the seat was easy to pop off and fix); attaching the missiles broke the hardpoints due to their death grip (I still need to try filing down the tabs and see if that helps at all); one of the head laser pivots is very, very stiff and the other is very, very loose to where it droops in fighter mode.

Apart from that, there is the usual paint blemishes and scuffing from transformation but I would count that sort of thing as normal wear and tear. 

So the Black and Gold version is available again?

I just got my notice that the "Black and Red" version shipped.

I don't think you will go wrong at this price point if you want the unique paint scheme. 

The B&G version looks very nice in person,  and is a good display piece.  

I'm in no rush at all, I like that they're doing non-canon, LE stuff. I have tons of canon valks in every other line. That's not to say I wouldn't mind some canon releases but Rick/Hikaru is set for December and that's good by me. If they do 4 releases a year going forward, I think that'd be great... even if only 2 are canon.

The black & gold says it's worldwide limited to 600... is this different from the HK run of 660? Like, there are now a total of 1260? If anyone orders one, can you post a picture of the label on the box? I just want to make sure I reflect the appropriate thing on anymoon and I'm not going to order a second one to find out :)

Edited by jenius

11 hours ago, jenius said:

I'm in no rush at all, I like that they're doing non-canon, LE stuff. I have tons of canon valks in every other line. That's not to say I wouldn't mind some canon releases but Rick/Hikaru is set for December and that's good by me. If they do 4 releases a year going forward, I think that'd be great... even if only 2 are canon.

The black & gold says it's worldwide limited to 600... is this different from the HK run of 660? Like, there are now a total of 1260? If anyone orders one, can you post a picture of the label on the box? I just want to make sure I reflect the appropriate thing on anymoon and I'm not going to order a second one to find out :)

I was wondering the same thing.  The HK run goes for about $140 shipped on ebay so it's cheaper than the KC site though KC will give you a shirt supposedly.   Not sure which to go for...

I got a black and gold one from ebay. It was a little cheaper than their website, but I ordered it before I knew it would be on their site for sale. Mine is number 615 out of 660 per the box.

The red and black one says only 200 pieces worldwide yet it appears to still be for sale. They didn't sell 200 in over a week's time??

Regardless, I am enjoying these unexpected LE non canon schemes. Nice to see something a little different.

14 hours ago, Knight26 said:

Given that is associated with HG isn't that tainted enough?  Or do you mean tinted?  lol

Right, tinted! sorry!

It would be cool if they made a totally black version, and a low vis style gray version.

Edited by vlenhoff

I'm not entirely sure I need another VF-1 - I have a few HMRs, a few Arcadias, and I was waffling back and forth as to whether I even wanted to try to pick up the DX 1A Max in a couple weeks when it releases. I'm also not a fan of HG.

But the idea that KC could hold a license long enough to get to a point where they're producing Southern Cross figures and Mecha is worth some of my money. So I just ordered the Black and Red 1S.

I have no idea where I'm going to put it.

Question for you guys that got the Rick Hunter figure as I just start to play with mine: There's a fun little flip down visor in the helmet but that only works when you don't install the hair that goes with the helmet right? You have to have the figure completely sans hair to get that visor to work? Every time I try to have the visor down and the hair on they mash into each other. 

Edited by jenius

1) I didn’t see anything misspelled or missing punctuation.

2) force choke and Steve Harrington...this is why I read your reviews  

3) This section:

“As mentioned previously, this toy is very similar to a Bandai SHFiguart figure but that line hasn’t done as well for Bandai so it will be interesting to see if KitzConcept can pick up more momentum than Bandai has been able to.”

Do you mean Macross SHF? Which I think you do. I just bring it up because I thought SHF Marvel/Star Wars/Etc. stuff does pretty well. Seems like some stuff sells out pretty quickly.

4) Overall, and as usual, a very good review. I would say I think you might be just a little harsh though. We’ve never had any decent Robotech figures (looking at you Matchbox and Toynami) and I think Rick was pretty cool. It would be huge and unrealistic, but a transformable 1/12 VF-1J for him to fly would be pretty cool. Plus, I think the figures do pair well with Sentinels stuff.

Of course it’s your opinion and review so this is just my thoughts. I really enjoyed it. Nice job. 

Edited by mcfly50

Thanks for the feedback and good catch, I was referring to the Macross SHF so I should clarify there. As I wrote the review, for the Rick content more specifically, I got the feeling I was being a bit nit-picky and was afraid I wasn't doing things right (like all the issues I had with the hair/visor/helmet conflicts). Tonight I'll pull out some other items (like the RIobots again) and do some group shots which should be fun. I'll probably elaborate on the conclusion a bit more too. Overall it's a fun toy and well built so I want to make sure that comes across despite all the nit-picking.

EDIT - and I just figured out a little issue with my helmet hair that was stopping it from pushing in all the way and was creating a lot of the problems. So yay, I'll re-write the stuff about the hair causing helmet problems.

Edited by jenius

33 minutes ago, Corrinald said:

I thoroughly enjoy the Kitzconcept figures and these non canon paint schemes. Looks like they rushed the box for the red version - only two sides of mine are labeled correctly. The figure is great though.

IMG_20190921_204324718.jpg

Mine is the same

I'm having terrible luck with these releases. My Dark Red 1S arrived this week and I was excited to see that it improved on so much from my Roy 1S. Alas, I soon discovered that it had its own two issues: 1) The right arm is missing the slot for the left arm to tab into. Looking closer, that arm appears to be misassembled. 2) The gerwalk/guardian joint on the right leg is missing its ratchets and doesn't click like the same joint on the left leg or the two knee joints. I can have the right leg at full extension or locked in fighter mode, but nothing in between using the gerwalk/guardian leg bits.

The upside is that KC customer service is very responsive. I already placed a return authorization with them, and sent photos. I'm waiting for more info on my next steps. With luck, they still have replacement parts on hand, but I don't mind an exchange either as long as the new one is solid.

For those interested, I added a couple pics of my arm issue inside the spoiler tag below. 

Spoiler

vf1s_darkred2_samearm.thumb.JPG.4f55d8c8541e86916c70b0347f2caa2f.JPG

vf1s_darkred3_samearm.JPG.d936eda0f133f358f1a26df763d7e135.JPG

Edited by technoblue

5 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I haven’t transformed mine yet. I better take the time to do that this weekend to check it. Great info. Fortunately, Kitzconcept is super responsive.

Good news! Looking at your own photo above, I can see that your arms are ok. One less thing to check. B))

The USPS is having some sort of issue with my red one. It showed "out for delivery" on Thursday but never arrived. Now it has walked back a few steps to having been processed by the last major hub in my area. Usually this means they don't know how to deliver it because the address is wrong or the box was damaged.