Kitz Concept Robotech Toy Line

kajnrig

Here's my review of the Black Gold VF-1S

Both the battery bays for my light-up gimmicks were defective so that sucked. All four of the hard points sheered off when I removed the missiles so that sucked. The display stand is clear and the toy seems a bit better built than my Fokker so that's good. Overall, a pretty good looking toy but they still have some progress to make on QC/fit/build quality.

I hate to give HG money, but I do like the overall look, and price point, of these KC Valkyries.  I haven't bought a Valk in ages, kids come first after all, and I can't justify spending the kind of money Bandai and Arcadia VFs for go, but I can stretch it to allow for $125 one.  But, is it even worth that much given the QC/Fit/Build issues?

7 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

I hate to give HG money, but I do like the overall look, and price point, of these KC Valkyries.  I haven't bought a Valk in ages, kids come first after all, and I can't justify spending the kind of money Bandai and Arcadia VFs for go, but I can stretch it to allow for $125 one.  But, is it even worth that much given the QC/Fit/Build issues?

For that kinda cash you're better off with a Hi-Metal R Valkyrie, honestly.

Especially with kids, since the HMR ought to be more resistant to falls and manhandling.

Got the KC Rick Hunter 1/12 figure delivered today.  He stands quite a bit taller than Sentinel's 1/12 Mospeada figures when you place them next to each other.

Overall, I'm pleasantly surprised with the quality and execution of the piece; while it is not on the same level of excellence of a Figma figure, it is quite good is its own right and a fantastic rendition of the character; likely the best we will ever see at this size.  Comes with a handgun and rifle, but the outstanding accessory is definitely the helmet.

Now I can't wait for Lisa Hayes and any future releases, as I'm all in... Roy, Max, Miriya, and Minmay in Chinese dress at the very least.

2 hours ago, mechaninac said:

Got the KC Rick Hunter 1/12 figure delivered today.  He stands quite a bit taller than Sentinel's 1/12 Mospeada figures when you place them next to each other.

Overall, I'm pleasantly surprised with the quality and execution of the piece; while it is not on the same level of excellence of a Figma figure, it is quite good is its own right and a fantastic rendition of the character; likely the best we will ever see at this size.  Comes with a handgun and rifle, but the outstanding accessory is definitely the helmet.

Now I can't wait for Lisa Hayes and any future releases, as I'm all in... Roy, Max, Miriya, and Minmay in Chinese dress at the very least.

Do you have KC's Minmay fig? How tall is he compared to her?

It's a bit of a let-down that he would be taller than Stick and Rey, he wasn't tall either.

23 hours ago, jenius said:

Both the battery bays for my light-up gimmicks were defective so that sucked. All four of the hard points sheered off when I removed the missiles so that sucked. The display stand is clear and the toy seems a bit better built than my Fokker so that's good. Overall, a pretty good looking toy but they still have some progress to make on QC/fit/build quality.

I'm assuming you know about screw extractors, but in case you don't:

The difficult part will be finding a set small enough for the screws you want to remove.

Edited by DewPoint

4 hours ago, Tober said:

Do you have KC's Minmay fig? How tall is he compared to her?

It's a bit of a let-down that he would be taller than Stick and Rey, he wasn't tall either.

I don't have the Minmay as I didn't care for the outfit that KC chose.

KC made Rick ~ 6.5" (16.5 cm) from foot sole to top of helmet when standing at attention; about the same with the hairpiece, for obvious reasons.  With this size, at the claimed 1/12 scale, Rick Hunter, the little runt, would stand 78" (6.5 ft, 198.12 cm from head to toe... taller than Roy's 195 cm) instead of the 68.9", 5.74 ft, 175 cm called out in the bio.  The toy should've been no taller than 5.75" (14.6 cm) at 1/12, so he is closer to 1/10.5 by height measurement alone.

For comparison:

Sentinel Stick is ~ 6.2" (15.75 cm), not in Ride Armor; so, boots collapsed.

SH Figuarts Yuki Mori is ~ 5.8" (14.7 cm)

Figma Motoko Kusanagi is ~ 5.5" (13.9 cm)

Edited by mechaninac

11 hours ago, mechaninac said:

I'm definitely looking forward to Roy.

Can't wait for the reviews to start coming out for Rick.

On 6/14/2019 at 9:02 AM, sh9000 said:

No preorder or release date yet.

02B60834-D442-4F02-8754-5121E68A9D56.jpeg.486ccd9eb4b1bad4670cfd61e18429e5.jpeg

This reminds me of an Anthony Jeselnik bit (I'm paraphrasing)

"I won't buy me nephew a Barbie doll not because I don't think he should be playing with dolls. I think it gives little boys an unreasonable expectations.......of how easy it is to pop a woman head off".

anyone have a picture of their rick with minmay?  i thought they made minmay too tall, so i guess they are making all of them too tall.  its ok i guess, i'm not going to display them with any other 1/12 figures (SHF figures are usually a touch shorter than 1/12 and marvel legends are a touch bigger than 1/12 but again i'd only display them with others in the same line). 

Minmay looked a bit big but I think the issue is she's wearing heels. She's 14.5cm tall as a toy and supposed to be 158cm as a person which works out to 10.9 scale BUT there's an argument that if she were in flats and her hair was flat she'd be right on target. Rick should be about 15cm tall (to the crown of his head, I'd give him some more height for his hair) but this toy does look like it comes out a bit taller than that... to be the same 1/10.9 that Minmay is Rick would be about 16.25cm tall and this toy might actually be that ( I don't have one yet). You would expect Roy to be 16.5cm tall, a bit more with hair at 1/12, if KC keeps to 1/11ish then he'll be like 18cm tall with hair :)

I don't think the scale is off by much..

looking at the infamous couple photo,   Minmay's top of her head comes just about even with Hikaru's eyes.

The figure has it very close..   Not that anime hasn't taught us that we can't use scenes for scaling.. cause anime magica or something  :)

FC6667F4-4F28-4C17-A67C-C721B4AD416F.thumb.jpeg.43224432a7119cf54ba51ed154119b9d.jpegE266049A-D15B-4591-A0E4-BCD71F9EEBCE.thumb.jpeg.330631a0eadc08d3ae32968fa7144600.jpegD0D13195-DA47-426C-B32C-847BC34DE6A7.thumb.jpeg.9b48b302aba8f75dd64fcc2bcd90ad48.jpegI think he’s a little too tall.  If his mid-section piece were a little shorter it would be better.  I’m guessing it’s how they will vary the size of the other male figures.

Also the helmet sits too high on his head and the way they make the space mask attach to the helmet makes the sides too short in atmospheric mode.

21 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Do you have one of the CMS or Banpresto Minmays to compare? 

Not my pic but I should be getting my 2 Ricks today.  I’ll take a pic with KC Rick, Minmay, and a CMs Minmay.

Well here he is.

Besides being too tall his portions are way off.  Very long skinny limbs and torso would fit better for a character known for having such a body type like Roy...er...me.  Yeah like me.  As I said before they are likely going with a universal body to save on costs on later releases.  The helmet does seem undersized.

It is kinda fun trying different faces and guns.  All the joints seem on the fragile side.  I would take care and pose them slowly.  With all the joints being white it is hard to see if you're bending them in the right direction.

Even with his odd proportions he's still a fun display piece to have.  Last but not least he has a soft crotch.  I guess that's to put less stress on and to allow greater movement at the hips.

I just had ends things on a soft crotch.

20190829_123144.jpg

I agree that he feels too tall, but I'm okay with that given the need to share the mold for cost effectiveness. I'm glad that unlike Minmay, his stand attaches to his back securely, making him easy to pose. The joints do seem fragile, so take your time as stated above by Roy. I was particularly pleased with the alternate collar as I didn't realize that would be included. Overall, I'm impressed enough with the figure to keep going with the line, especially given the financially manageable pace in which they're being released.

Is there a possibility that we'll get DYRL versions or is that impossible since they're HG licensed figures?

4 hours ago, xsjado said:

Is there a possibility that we'll get DYRL versions or is that impossible since they're HG licensed figures?

My understanding is HG has a merchandise license for DYRL, so it isn't IMPOSSIBLE, but it seems unlikely. They're on a big Robotech kick right now, and I think they really only got the DYRL license to shore up their "blocking imported Yamatos" argument.

13 hours ago, JB0 said:

My understanding is HG has a merchandise license for DYRL, so it isn't IMPOSSIBLE, but it seems unlikely. They're on a big Robotech kick right now, and I think they really only got the DYRL license to shore up their "blocking imported Yamatos" argument.

Dang.