Kitz Concept Robotech Toy Line

kajnrig

1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

This was interesting 

That is interesting.  We gotta get some new enemy mecha from someone.  Time's never been better.

5 minutes ago, jenius said:

Rick is coming out in October so bad guys and destroids would be what, 2025? :)

By then, I'm probably retired from this hobby. :lol:

Well, it's either I'm retired from this hobby or I just couldn't afford anymore since by then the price is sure going to be doubled. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, jenius said:

Rick is coming out in October so bad guys and destroids would be what, 2025? :)

Was the "bad guy" question referring to mecha or characters?

It's just 2 releases, but so far I think they do better figs than PT toys.  Then again, the enemy mechs don't transform.  As long as they can keep the various thrusters and cannons from popping off, they could be OK. ;)

1 hour ago, easnoddy said:

They need to push Bandai's hand and do the N-Ger first.

That would probably just stop Bandai from doing it. They're wrestling about whether there is enough sales volume without competition.

Instead of making masterpiece toys or anything else, Toynami should have just created updated version of the old Matchbox toys including the action figures. They should have kept them cheap and just tried to make them a little more attractive with a bit better articulation. KitzConcept had already proven to have a better knack for making toys for adults.

30 minutes ago, jenius said:

Instead of making masterpiece toys or anything else, Toynami should have just created updated version of the old Matchbox toys including the action figures. They should have kept them cheap and just tried to make them a little more attractive with a bit better articulation. KitzConcept had already proven to have a better knack for making toys for adults.

At a decent price point, I would have been happy with that. I like toys that can take a beating.  The Matchbox releases have certainly lasted.

It's just a shame that most of the non-Destroid releases were so off from the line art.

I was trying to do figures only with KC, but now I have both the 1S and 1J on order too. I guess it's okay to wade in a little deeper, but I really want to see one of these myself in hand before I commit to a full squadron at this scale.

Edited by technoblue

1 hour ago, technoblue said:

I was trying to do figures only with KC, but now I have both the 1S and 1J on order too. I guess it's okay to wade in a little deeper, but I really want to see one of these myself in hand before I commit to a full squadron at this scale.

They were excellent display pieces when new.....not good for much else 3+ months in....

I generally just set and forget my collectibles so this does not bother me.  If you think you will be able to transform these beyond maybe a dozen times,  maybe less with the armor mounted, then you will be disappointed. 

25 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

They were excellent display pieces when new.....not good for much else 3+ months in....

I generally just set and forget my collectibles so this does not bother me.  If you think you will be able to transform these beyond maybe a dozen times,  maybe less with the armor mounted, then you will be disappointed. 

Thanks, @jvmacross. Your quality report gives me more to chew on.

29 minutes ago, technoblue said:

Thanks, @jvmacross. Your quality report gives me more to chew on.

No worries.

I am hoping that KC took all of the data they received regarding their Roy -1S release and will actually incorporate at least some of the suggested fixes/improvements on the Hikaru  -1J release.  

On 5/20/2019 at 2:07 AM, Black Valkyrie said:

OMG where do i begin. Ben may have lost his crotch area, back when the SDF-1 barrier exploded. He seems to have also lost his face, since he looks like a Muppet. It seems the explosion made him skinnier too. Who sculpted this? A 10 year old? Claudia looks sort of alright, but too generic. Cap Global is clearly drunk, and he looks too light skinned. That is a boy-band Rick, but i do sort of like the uniform. That looks like Lisa's stunt double. The problem is her eyes should look sort of "sad" on the edges. Her eye lashes slope down in the animation, not up. if you look up her image, you can see this immediately. 

It almost feels the artist did this by memory, or while watching the Muppet's show. 

A pass for me. It is incredible to think Ben has such bad looks down there. It looks worse than Gi-joes did back in the 80's. The only reason why the other ones look decent, is their crotches are covered. 

Edited by vlenhoff

13 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

OMG where do i begin. Ben may have lost his crotch area, back when the SDF-1 barrier exploded. He seems to have also lost his face, since he looks like a Muppet. It seems the explosion made him skinnier too. Who sculpted this? A 10 year old? Claudia looks sort of alright, but too generic. Cap Global is clearly drunk, and he looks too light skinned. That is a boy-band Rick, but i do sort of like the uniform. That looks like Lisa's stunt double. The problem is her eyes should look sort of "sad" on the edges. Her eye lashes slope down in the animation, not up. if you look up her image, you can see this immediately. 

It almost feels the artist did this by memory, or while watching the Muppet's show. 

A pass for me. It is incredible to think Ben has such bad looks down there. It looks worse than Gi-joes did back in the 80's. The only reason why the other ones look decent, is their crotches are covered. 

Still the wrong thread.

1 minute ago, jenius said:

Still the wrong thread.

Yep Jenius, i am as imperfect as those figures.

I still want to get one of these Kitzconcept valks, but i am hesitant to pull the trigger.

It's still hard to imagine that, after all this time, two different companies are producing Robotech action figures...

Three, if you count tiny startups like Meptoys (and broaden your definition of "action figure").

50 minutes ago, tekering said:

Three, if you count tiny startups like Meptoys (and broaden your definition of "action figure").

Are you referring to the MEPtoys Britai?  If so, why would you have to "broaden" your definition of action figure for it?  

10 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Are you referring to the MEPtoys Britai?

Yeah, it looks about as articulated as a G1 Transformer... which is to say, a brick with arms.  <_<

Aesthetically, at least, it looks a lot closer to the quality of the Kitz Concept figures than the abominations Toynami is vomiting up.

• 3 weeks later...