Kitz Concept Robotech Toy Line

kajnrig

13 hours ago, Graham said:

Wow! Copy Yamato much???!!!

Yes....looks very similar to the old stand-alone Yamato V1 GBP armor set packaging

Would have preferred an illustration like the one used for their VF-1S

Sometimes when it’s more of an homage it’s ok....

img_8476.jpg?w=1024

Received my fast pack today.  The batteries  are a pain to deal with but the set looks great.  I have mine in G mode and it is cool.  I just hope it holds together over time.  I really wish they put the switches in a place where you didn’t have to unscrew or remove something to turn them on.

On 4/18/2019 at 1:31 AM, jvmacross said:

Yes....looks very similar to the old stand-alone Yamato V1 GBP armor set packaging

Would have preferred an illustration like the one used for their VF-1S

Sometimes when it’s more of an homage it’s ok....

img_8476.jpg?w=1024

WTH, is this for real or just a fan made. 

2 hours ago, Dobber said:

Any info on what’s happening with the VF-1S rerelease?

No. So far they've only announced that the Rick Hunter figure will ship at the end of may, and that preorders for the VF-1J and the Lisa Hayes figure will start soon. 

57 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

reboxed toynami 1/100 ...such a mediocre toy getting such a nice throback box

Well, HG has to get their logo on something nice before 2021...

On 4/22/2019 at 9:52 PM, Perrych said:

Received my fast pack today.  The batteries  are a pain to deal with but the set looks great.  I have mine in G mode and it is cool.  I just hope it holds together over time.  I really wish they put the switches in a place where you didn’t have to unscrew or remove something to turn them on.

Mine showed up too and I agree with you. The fast packs look great and the lights are a fun feature, but they should have made the switches a button on the outside. The covers for the main boosters are a very tight fit and not pleasant to get on and off. If the lights were easy to turn on and off, I would switch it on whenever I am in the room. As they are, I will likely never use the feature. Overall though Kitzconcept has a nice thing going with these 1/72 Veritechs. They just need a few manufacturing/tolerance tweaks and they'll be a great toy. When/if Roy's 1S gets a reissue I will get another one to see what's changed and to display in a different mode.

I’m in between on this, sometimes the paint on this things just looks... thick.  I don’t know how to explain what it is that I see.  Sometimes it’s not there but sometimes it just looks too thick.  It may just be my eyes though and I mean that.  It may not be anything at all.

4 minutes ago, Ridden001 said:

I’m in between on this, sometimes the paint on this things just looks... thick.  I don’t know how to explain what it is that I see.  Sometimes it’s not there but sometimes it just looks too thick.  It may just be my eyes though and I mean that.  It may not be anything at all.

It's not you, dear good sir. It's just Harmony Gold. That's it. :rolleyes:

So Rolling this thread back abit..  I finally acquired the Fokker 1S.

This completes the SD collection for now...   still waiting on the GBP Armor SD valk.

Interesting thing worth noting is that only 2 valks have boxes that integrated the fast packs..   M&M Super 1Js

2 other valks bundled the fast packs with the valk in the brown box..  Hikaru 1S and CF 1A.

The rest I got spare sets for...  (not pictured)

Optimized-20190506_170338.jpg.e85c388e6e8709efeb78695e7701cb84.jpg

Optimized-20190506_170654.jpg.225893d8799c1aecf83479e8ca7ea4d3.jpg

Optimized-20190506_171040.jpg.b47d2480d7d57e7f75c5dfc8c323032d.jpg

2 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

So Rolling this thread back abit..  I finally acquired the Fokker 1S.

This completes the SD collection for now...   still waiting on the GBP Armor SD valk.

Interesting thing worth noting is that only 2 valks have boxes that integrated the fast packs..   M&M Super 1Js

2 other valks bundled the fast packs with the valk in the brown box..  Hikaru 1S and CF 1A.

The rest I got spare sets for...  (not pictured)

Optimized-20190506_170338.jpg.e85c388e6e8709efeb78695e7701cb84.jpg

Optimized-20190506_170654.jpg.225893d8799c1aecf83479e8ca7ea4d3.jpg

Optimized-20190506_171040.jpg.b47d2480d7d57e7f75c5dfc8c323032d.jpg

Any leads on a Hikaru VF-1S "Limited Edition"?

After 3 months, mine has become floppier than it was fresh out of the box....and that is with just being left alone.

It really cannot carry the extra weight of the FP/armor.....I basically just put it into fighter mode and will leave it that way permanently.

Also, the armor is cool and so is the lighting gimmick, but the nozzles break off when you try and remove the leg/FP armor covers....

I am curious if KC made any improvements on the VF-1J. 

I still think they are nice to "look" at, but no way would I pay MSRP for them.  If KC offers a good PO discount I will bu the VF-1J Hikaru.