Kitz Concept Robotech Toy Line

kajnrig

I wish they were making these in 1/60 scale; if they make a VE-1, I'll likely get one, and it'd be great if it scaled along with my Yamato, Arcadia & Bandai valks.

But yeah, I hope these things are solid, as they look good so far. Love the panel lining and tampo. The head sticking down a bit in fighter doesn't really bother me, at least on the VF-1S shown there. I can live without light gimmicks- fortunately that's an easy option. Also wish they'd figured out a way to make the intake covers fold and stow- at this point, it should be a given. As for that stand-yikes! I wonder why they didn't do a clear stand like they used for their SD valks?  Good thing I keep my valks in battroid.  

Edited by M'Kyuun

The one thing I dislike about the 1/72 is the mold just looks unrefined and very mid level toy like. It could be down to the scale, but it's only a little bit smaller than a 1/60 and the 1/60s are very refined. 1/72 is more like a toy than looking like a high end collectable. Maybe in line with HMR line.

Edited by eggy99

It literally is a mid-level toy. HMR is our low level (we have a pretty high low level) and Bandai DX is the new high level. The Arcadia V2 is also high level costing like $20 less than a DX release (18K vs 16K). So, this is filling that mid-level niche. Trying to get that "Spend a bit more than an HMR and you can have THIS!" vibe going OR "Why spend that much on ONE toy when you can have TWO!"

Edited by jenius

Can't understand the neon green stand.....but I am more disappointed with the pre-yellowed looking nose cone section....hopefully it is not too bad in person....

Should be a fun, relatively inexpensive toy to fiddle with and not worry about breaking....hopefully it doesn't become a floppy mess too quickly after handling....

If the line does fairly well, it seems we can expect a fairly complete Macross mech representation, including enemy mecha and destroids all in scale...

Plus there's the promise of SC and Mospeada mechs.....if that is your bag

39 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Can't understand the neon green stand.....but I am more disappointed with the pre-yellowed looking nose cone section....hopefully it is not too bad in person....

I thought I was the only one that noted the slightly pre-yellowed nosecone.

Wonder if it's made with a different plastic or painted.

I will pass this 1/72 VF, but will consider other mechs in this line.

Really looking forward to MAAS Bioroids.

8 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

I wish they were making these in 1/60 scale

7 hours ago, Firefox said:

Hopefully they make a 1/48 one day. Then I don't even bother about the Bandai DX or Arcadia.

What are you guys talking about?  :huh:

How would a Kitz Concept Veritech toy possibly be preferable to an Arcadia or Bandai Valkyrie?

As far as I can tell, the unique 1:72 scale is the only appeal this toy has to offer.  

Edited by tekering

3 minutes ago, tekering said:

As far as I can tell, the unique 1:72 scale is the only appeal this toy has to offer.

Are you suggesting that being an officially licensed Robotech toy, meeting Tommy Yune's exacting standards, isn't enough for you? Shame on you, sir! Shame, I say!

5 minutes ago, tekering said:

What are you guys talking about?  :huh:

How would a Kits Concept Veritech toy possibly be preferable to an Arcadia or Bandai Valkyrie?

And that's a huge appeal to me.  Though that said, I'm more excited for Calibre Wings' 1/72 scale VF-1.

1/72 is a dreadful scale for Robotech, all the other designs in Robotech (outside the Zentraedi) are much smaller than in the Macross universe. A 1/72 Alpha is like 4" tall. The Macross universe could go very far with that scale and a Robotech nut could build out a very handsome Macross Saga collection if he/she augmented with models. 

I think I will have to obtain this. The size is good at 1/72 and the fact that they packed in a ton of what a 1/60 can do without being a partsformer is always a plus in my book. This will look nice next to my HCM collection and the price point is attractive.

Edited by nightmareB4macross
:)

16 minutes ago, jenius said:

1/72 is a dreadful scale for Robotech, all the other designs in Robotech (outside the Zentraedi) are much smaller than in the Macross universe. A 1/72 Alpha is like 4" tall. The Macross universe could go very far with that scale and a Robotech nut could build out a very handsome Macross Saga collection if he/she augmented with models. 

Now you have me all excited for 1.25" Cyclones.

(FYI, maybe it's the kid in me who grew up on G.I. Joe, but I always like 1:18ish for anything that has a figure to go along with it)

7 hours ago, jenius said:

I wish they had started with Hikaru's VF-1J... I've got so many of those toys out right now it would have made comparisons really easy :D

I think that since this is a new endeavor for KC,  and not knowing if this will sell..  you have to pick what your battles.    And Fokker's 1S is a hill that makes sense in a retail standpoint to die on.    Hikki's 1J will probably be right on it's heels if this is profitable.

Would've preferred if the gun pod handle didn't need to be removed to attach the gun in Fighter mode. Oh well, if I get this. Maybe I'll just leave the cartoon hands on and the handle inside the right hand, or leave the stock hands out in Fighter mode with the gun handle stored in the forearm.

I'm surprised they went for the light up gun gimmick. Bet Toynami insisted on that, they love light up gimmicks for some reason.

4 hours ago, jenius said:

Lol, Toynami? That's like Arcadia insisting Bandai do something... Maybe HG? I think KC just likes light up gimmicks like the SD toy.

Could be but Toynami was eager to implement light up visors on the MPC VF-1 to make them "look alive". Maybe it's someone at HG that likes that or George Sohn from Toynami asking HG for it. The 1/72 scale made me think Sohn had some influence on the KitzConcept VF-1 since that's the same scale as the HCM, which is his favorite toy.

Ultimately I would much rather have a retractable gun handle instead of a light up gun barrel.