Kitz Concept Robotech Toy Line

kajnrig

2 minutes ago, jenius said:

It seems that batch 1 of the VF-1S Fokker, released 12/14, was distributed only to folks in Hong Kong. They have delayed the larger distribution a few weeks to make a change of some sort. What they can possibly change in a few week delay, I have no idea... unless it's an issue with the packaging or instructions. 

Ok, thanks. I was wondering if it was for their Minmay figure. 

They could possibly change plastic types if it's a tolerance issue, otherwise, no idea.

Just preordered a Rick for the March release. Couldn’t resist the 10% discount and free express shipping. 

Local retailer charging $120 AUD for Jan release. <_<

I’m not really an action figure collector (besides having a figma Kirito and Asuna), but these are really looking nice and will look ace with the DX VF-1 series.

Looking forward to more characters! :yahoo:

On 12/15/2018 at 3:11 PM, SuperDimensionalDave said:

I’m assuming licensing being an issue that KC can only make Robuttech toys and would hence be limited to characters from that hodgepodge series but if there’s a way they can dip into Macross kosher I neeeeed them to make a DYRL Millia in her Q Rau pilot suit. My 1/60 Q-Rau needs to finally have a real pilot figure and not the figure shaped plug it comes with. Nor the non poseable CMS with disintegrating hair. Let’s see some Mospeada civilian outfitted figures also to go with our Sentinel Riobots. Meow. 

Most likely. While Harmony Gold does hold the license for DYRL toys in USA, third party companies probably have to pay a separate licensing fee for that, since DYRL isn't part of Robotech.

That being said, I'm tempted to pick up some of these action figures after hearing the positive reviews and that they scale well with Sentinel's Ride Armors.

8 hours ago, eggy99 said:

Just preordered a Rick for the March release. Couldn’t resist the 10% discount and free express shipping. 

Local retailer charging $120 AUD for Jan release. <_<

I’m not really an action figure collector (besides having a figma Kirito and Asuna), but these are really looking nice and will look ace with the DX VF-1 series.

Looking forward to more characters! :yahoo:

Where did you order from? I checked the Kitz Concept website and didn't see one up for pre-order.

11 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

0AAFD83E-E62A-4652-978B-3A0B48C37E0B.jpeg.d935128928be9471abc6e3b60f12a075.jpeg

Noice on the Millia erm.. Miriya lol. The recently released Toynami figure is really not great. But I’ll enjoy looking at her displayed next to my 1/60 Arcadia Millia VF  a lot more now knowing she’s only a stand-in for the KC one coming. I’m digging these 1/12 figures. Really down to see some Mospeada figures in this line. I’m surprised we’ve seen a SC figure before a Mospeada reveal. With the Riobot Mospeadas selling like hot cakes I’d figure these to be a no brainer to churn out and have actually in scale with them. 

Edited by SuperDimensionalDave

3 hours ago, Kelsain said:

These  look pretty good, but $45 after discount is pretty steep for an action figure...

That being said, a Milia may be required.

Curious about why you feel the price is pretty steep. 

Comparing to SH Figuarts and Figmas it’s on point with their pricing and I feel the quality and features is aiming to be the same level as those series of action figures. :)

Thinking pretty deep.

They are also looking into destroids and enemy mecha towards end of next year.

So the release schedule will be pretty aggressive for what we have seen so far.

Makes sense based on how prolific they were on the repaints for their SD lineup.

So expect Vermillion Squadron and the VF-1J CF at minimum.

Apparently the delay was caused by some complaints with packaging and the batteries.

Hopefully, this 1/72 line will be a hit for them.  

2 hours ago, eggy99 said:

Comparing to SH Figuarts and Figmas it’s on point with their pricing and I feel the quality and features is aiming to be the same level as those series of action figures. :)

Indeed. Minmay was a happy surprise.

I hope they continue with the same momentum once they move passed this little bump that the VF-1S delay has added to their release schedule. I'm looking forward to Rick/Hikaru in March and I'm waiting for the next figure to pop up on the KC site so that I can pre-order it early this time.

3 hours ago, eggy99 said:

Curious about why you feel the price is pretty steep. 

Fair enough. While cool, those are a bit much for me too!

I really like the 6" scale, and I do have some Star Wars Black Series, but about half of them have been on sale or loosies from eBay. $25 is about my personal cap for an action figure - unless it's something TOTALLY irresistible. I realize this limits me to window shopping in many cases. If these were a bit closer to that range, I'd probably be able to justify a few. Misa & Milia are tempting, though.

Edited by Kelsain

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Thinking pretty deep.

They are also looking into destroids and enemy mecha towards end of next year.

So the release schedule will be pretty aggressive for what we have seen so far.

Makes sense based on how prolific they were on the repaints for their SD lineup.

So expect Vermillion Squadron and the VF-1J CF at minimum.

Apparently the delay was caused by some complaints with packaging and the batteries.

Hopefully, this 1/72 line will be a hit for them.  

Complaints about the packaging and batteries are the best possible scenario. The battery element adds an extra wrinkle as it seems to require special handling so I wonder if the complaint didn't come from a certification process of some kind (I have no idea, i just know that my packages from overseas are often labeled "Toy/model - NO BATTERY". 

As much as I want all the toys NOW I hope they do a staggered release of 1 or 2 a quarter. Dropping like three at a time might be tough on wallets and cost them some sales. 

Right, but this is a pretty brazen work by a Chinese company which will be licensed under Robotech (thats the understanding I have).  The Masterpiece garbage was a bit different (and was garbage). 

No doubt KitzConcept will be producing this kind of stuff even when the 2021 loss of rights rolls around.

4 hours ago, easnoddy said:

Right, but this is a pretty brazen work by a Chinese company which will be licensed under Robotech (thats the understanding I have).  The Masterpiece garbage was a bit different (and was garbage). 

No doubt KitzConcept will be producing this kind of stuff even when the 2021 loss of rights rolls around.

If they continue to produce Macross related toys, Bandai will be raiding and shutting down all their factories like they have been doing to other toy makers from China that are infringing on the Gundam license.

Then again, it's not really Bandai's property or responsibility to stop unlicensed usage of the Macross brand, so just like Valkyrie Factory, they could continue to operate under Big West's nose.

On 12/17/2018 at 2:35 AM, jenius said:

It seems that batch 1 of the VF-1S Fokker, released 12/14, was distributed only to folks in Hong Kong. They have delayed the larger distribution a few weeks to make a change of some sort. What they can possibly change in a few week delay, I have no idea... unless it's an issue with the packaging or instructions. 

you'd be surprised what can get done if a company either has a good relationship with the factory or owns it.  sometimes a final groom of tooling does wonders for tolerances etc and may only take a few hours to do and a couple days to qualify the change.  i don't know KC's setup but its theoretically possible.  interesting its been 5 days and we haven't seen any reviews and i wonder what it is they want to fix.  perhaps it is something not super consequential or else the internet woudl be complaining about it already. haha

I wonder if that first batch was distributed to the employees of KC since there's not a peep about them :) More like artist proofs than a production release. Anyway, the delay means I can get the holidays done and extended family back on their way home before all my shiny new toys start arriving  :D

On 10/9/2016 at 8:39 PM, jaylive said:

at a panel at new york comic con today, kevin mckeever from harmony gold said that kitz concept is developing a 1/55 line of mecha, not just the sd stuff. he said the monster will be the first in the line. it looks huge!

post-30415-0-30360700-1476063514_thumb.jpg

Guess the 1/55 line became a 1/72 line.....I wonder if KC would be crazy enough to release a 1/72 Monster instead? :unknw:

1 hour ago, TheLoneWolf said:

Considering that the excellent HMR Monster can still be found at a discounted price 2 years after its release, KC would have to be stupid to try their hand at one.

I have to agree, plus it looks they'd end up competing with the Bandai HMR Desdroids. Now, if they wanted to make 1/72 scale Zentradi stuff, I think people would be all over that.

Regardless of scale I want them to concentrate on products heretofore not produced or not within the last say 30 years. If they’ve got a “Robotech” license then let’s see some 1/12 Invid or a 1/12 fan racer /liner, TV Q-Rau or a hover tank.  There’s so much that could be made where there’s not only demand but you don’t have to worry about competition. 

Obviously a very clean-cut case of RTFM. :p 

Mistransformation aside, it really doesn't look bad.  Few of the details look a little mushy, and the chest intakes are huge, but they pulled off a pretty nice sculpt overall.  I might have to pick one up, just to have one in scale with my other models.

That neon green stand is utterly obnoxious though.. needs a nice coat of flat black.

We've really come a long way from the Toynami Masterpiece sets though.

Edited by Chronocidal

What's up with the neon green stand? :bad:  A clear one would have been ideal.

Perhaps they were trying to go for a yellow for Fokker?  They do show the red and blue for M & M... :unknw:

Will wait until I have mine in-hand to figure out if I am all in on this line.

That video isn't doing much to sell this thing for KC. LOL.