Kitz Concept Robotech Toy Line

kajnrig

14 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Not bad.....looking forward to receiving it.....

large.745817016_45210337_222409415451363

large.45111532_2224094167846965_87054148

large.41222200_2187560951500287_17202941

These samples looks nice. Looks like it's not too glossy anymore. ^_^

And I have to agree to most people comments on the folded backpack in Battroid mode. It sits too high. Also, I didn't know the Skull mark on the vertical stabilizer is as big as the heatshield's. I also wonder if they're keeping the light-up feature.

Edited by no3Ljm

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

These samples looks nice. Looks like it's not too glossy anymore. ^_^

And I have to agree to most people comments on the folded backpack in Battroid mode. It sits too high. Also, I didn't know the Skull mark on the vertical stabilizer is as big as the heatshield's. I also wonder if they're keeping the light-up feature.

Yeah...it's odd...they look appropriately sized on some pics....that group shot almost seems like it is the exception....hopefully they look ok on the -1S's that are shipping....not a dealbreaker for me though.....are you getting one?

hmm, i did not receive an email about also having the fast pack on order, even though i answered their email at the time and said i was committed to buying one at the time.  was there a separate preorder deposit/payment for that?.  

also, is it me or do the legs have to angle up to clip into the backpack in fighter mode.  battroid looks very similar to yamato design complete with "priest collar" although its less obvious.  hoping all led gimmicks remain intact.

Looks like they've fixed the vernier nacelles so that they're fixed to the intakes instead of the thighs ;)

I'd be willing to bet that the wings would be able to sweep forward in Gerwalk if the shoulders were angled down a just little, just as they needed to be on Yammie 1/48s and 1/60s (and Taka/Bandai 1/55s, and HMRs, and every other Valkyrie ever made).  The chest air intakes are a little bit larger than most other toys, but proportionally I don't see a lot of bad compromise going on here... the fact that we already have members saying that it's biased toward both battroid and fighter mode will attest to that, lol.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this.

• 2 weeks later...

So I just got my invoice from KitzConcept about the 1/72 1S with the fastpack.

In the invoice there is this..

Thank you for your preorder! We are glad to inform you that our 1/72 VF-1S Roy Fokker and the fast pack armour will be ready on 12 December 2018 and 31 Jan 2019 respectively. We will send parcels out based on availability. Please arrange to settle this invoice on or before 2 December 2018.

So I am assuming that the VF-1S will come first on 12/12  and the Fast Packs later on 1/31..  right?

11 minutes ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Thank you for your preorder! We are glad to inform you that our 1/72 VF-1S Roy Fokker and the fast pack armour will be ready on 12 December 2018 and 31 Jan 2019 respectively. We will send parcels out based on availability. Please arrange to settle this invoice on or before 2 December 2018.

So I am assuming that the VF-1S will come first on 12/12  and the Fast Packs later on 1/31..  right?

I'd think so

20 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

yup that is why they said "respectively".  :-P  looking forward to this.  wish it would all come 12/12 but i guess a month a half delay for fast pack is better than post CNY.    i forget is it only the fast pack that has LED or does the main valk have it as well?

1 hour ago, jenius said:

So will they ship together (meaning we wait for both to get releases) or separate?

I'm assuming it's the latter. I mean, they already done it when I ordered Minmay and Rick at the same time but had Minmay shipped first without notice.

looking at the illustration a bit more, it seems the illustrator is trying to channel Yuji Kaida's style a bit....more of an homage to the old school mecha illustration style, which is not following the more recent and "realistic" illustration style of Tenjin...who more of less has become synonymous with modern great Macross illustrations.....I can still appreciate the old school stuff if done well....but mostly if it is original old school...:drinks:

This reminds me of the artwork they used in the Robotech RPG guides originally issued by palladium.. pre RPG Tactics.

And to be totally honest I really like the style of artwork used by Takani or whoever in the 80's  and the vintage cheese on the old model kits.

There is no argument from me that Tenjin is pretty much the Macross artwork god.. but I am not hating on this artwork.. and even more so not caring so long as the product inside is good.   No Broken lasers, hands,  or hip issues,  or wrong leg armor...  *cough* Bandai *cough*.   

As much as I love some nice mech artwork on my boxes (Tenjin HMR mmmmmmm), who cares???   i’m waaaay more concerned with the quality of what is inside this particular box. There are not a lot of options for GOOD Macross Valkyrie toys. I’m very hopeful we can add another to our collections. If it’s a good toy the price seems completely reasonable and the few KC toys I’ve purchased have been A-ok by me. Hopeful this one follows that trend. Patiently awaiting reviews...

2 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

haha yeah the boxart aint my fav....lets see how the toy inside is!    as far as old boxart to imitate....the best IMO is from the arii model kits...wish they ahd gone this route.   like the one below.

76053-3b.jpg

So you prefer the Masami over the Takani boxart illustrations?  Most people seem to prefer the Takani stuff. 

Old school never gets old! :good:

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

So you prefer the Masami over the Takani boxart illustrations?  Most people seem to prefer the Takani stuff. 

Old school never gets old! :good:

i dunno who did the art.  i just know i generally liked arii box art...had a few kits as a kid.  the vf-1s fokker battroid and teh vf-1j fighter and gerwalk boxart are also faves.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models/arii/ar-315-30box.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models/arii/ar318-36-box.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models/arii/ar322-44-box.jpg

anyway i'm just excited we are getting a new 1/72 Vf-1 this year (robotech licensing be damned)  AND a new 1/48 (new standard?).  could a new 1/60 be far behind?  and yes these valks sometimes look fat but i think its just perspective...done in a strange way.