Kitz Concept Robotech Toy Line

kajnrig

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Mine arrived... haven't had the chance to open the box yet though. I never did get tracking of any sort so I'm glad it showed

When did it ship?

Maybe I'm being too impatient?

It was shipped 1st class so I suppose it is still possible mine is in transit. 

KC responded and asked that I give it a few more days....then they would either refund or replace.

I would prefer replacement as the going rate is way above the PO price I paid for them.

Unfortunately, I never received anything related to shipping and their website just lists that it was shipped using expedited shipping so I can't tell you when it went in the mail. Hopefully as they mature as a company they get an upgraded website.

Like others....I received the "paypal" shipping notification with the HK Post tracking number....and that shows that it shipped on Sept 21....thankfully I had that.....and paid via paypal within their Buyer protection window....think I may need to do that for future releases I guess...

On the subject of shipping delays/transit times, I've been noticing longer waits for delivery of anything coming out of Asia sent via SAL, registered or not, over the past few months; what would usually take 2-4 weeks now can take up to 5 to show up, with one item I got off eBay requiring a nerve-wrecking 6 weeks.

So looks like Misa (aka Lisa) and Roy are next....should be awesome...

Production on the 1/72 VF-1S has begun and confirmed release date should be coming soon.....honestly I'm more curious about this release than the DX -1J at this point...

SD GBP-1 is still in progress...

Macross Fever character designs were used in the design of the 1/12 Macross Saga line! :good:

gallery_12176_600_101480.jpg

gallery_12176_600_94024.jpg

Great time to be a Macross fan!

1 hour ago, arbit said:

Cool. I was worried they had given up.

I wonder what uniforms they will have. Really surprised with the choice for the first Minmay dress. 

Which would you have chosen?

Speaking for myself, when I think of Minmay nowadays, I think of her in outfits from DYRL.  Of course, that's not Robotech, so back to the TV series.

And... there's not much iconic there.  Minmei's wardrobe is rather plain in the TV series.

There's the chinese dress.  It's a fair choice, but she's only shown in it a very limited amount.

There's the "Stage Fright" outfit, the white dress with the ruffles.  That's probably the concert outfit she wears the most in the series.  

I'd kind of like to see her in the blue dress she wears for her concerts later in the series.  It's in the episode Broken Heart.  It gets a good amount of screen time, but it doesn't really represent Minmei at her zenith nor do I imagine it's how most viewers remember her.

There's the dress she wears at the beginning of the series.  She's in it for multiple episodes, and it's what she wears for the iconic falling rescue scene.  The problem is that it's not Singer Minmei.  It's a solid alternate second run figure, but I'd think purchasers would prefer Singing Idol Minmei as a primary figure.

Everything else has pretty minor screen time.  There's the yellow minidress she wears for the second half of We Will Win.  She's shown in the school uniform with the skirt, tie, and blazer a bit.  Most of the rest of the time she wears various colors of skirts and sweater looking things.  I guess there's the pink dress she is in the picture with Rick.

To me it seems like the dress she wears for the first half of her We Will Win number is one of the better ones they could pick.  It's a major Minmei moment.  Plus, it also pays homage to the old Matchbox figure.  It's just that unlike Rick or Lisa, Minmei doesn't have a "standard uniform" for the series.

1 hour ago, GabrielV said:

Speaking for myself, when I think of Minmay nowadays, I think of her in outfits from DYRL.  Of course, that's not Robotech, so back to the TV series.

And... there's not much iconic there.  Minmei's wardrobe is rather plain in the TV series.

There's the chinese dress.  It's a fair choice, but she's only shown in it a very limited amount.

There's the "Stage Fright" outfit, the white dress with the ruffles.  That's probably the concert outfit she wears the most in the series.  

I'd kind of like to see her in the blue dress she wears for her concerts later in the series.  It's in the episode Broken Heart.  It gets a good amount of screen time, but it doesn't really represent Minmei at her zenith nor do I imagine it's how most viewers remember her.

There's the dress she wears at the beginning of the series.  She's in it for multiple episodes, and it's what she wears for the iconic falling rescue scene.  The problem is that it's not Singer Minmei.  It's a solid alternate second run figure, but I'd think purchasers would prefer Singing Idol Minmei as a primary figure.

Everything else has pretty minor screen time.  There's the yellow minidress she wears for the second half of We Will Win.  She's shown in the school uniform with the skirt, tie, and blazer a bit.  Most of the rest of the time she wears various colors of skirts and sweater looking things.  I guess there's the pink dress she is in the picture with Rick.

To me it seems like the dress she wears for the first half of her We Will Win number is one of the better ones they could pick.  It's a major Minmei moment.  Plus, it also pays homage to the old Matchbox figure.  It's just that unlike Rick or Lisa, Minmei doesn't have a "standard uniform" for the series.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/44143-kitz-concept-robotech-toy-line/?do=findComment&comment=1385376

Minmei Episode One outfit

Minmei singing debut dress

Minmei Final Battle Dress 

Minmei "Miss Macross" swimsuit

Minmei "Miss Macross" winner outfit

"Shower time" Minmay

Minmei in Red Chinese dress

Minmei in Purple Chinese Dress

Minmei "shopping" dress

Minmei in yokohama outfit

Minmei in UN Spacy uniform

Minmei in Winter coat

Minmei last episode

:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, arbit said:

I wonder what uniforms they will have. Really surprised with the choice for the first Minmay dress. 

I think it is safe to say they will go with pilot suit for Roy....

As for Misa (Lisa), although I would enjoy her in dress uniform, I hope they initially sculpt her in her "Bye, By Mars" flight suit so it can have more articulation.

I think they should do all the rest of the pilot suit figs first (Max, Kakizaki (Ben), and Millia...then the next round they can do them all in their dress uniforms....that way they can also include Global, the Bridge Bunnies, and Claudia...along with the rest of the bunch..plus Millia again!

I am all in on this line....hopefully it does well...there are not that many that need to be released to be considered a "complete" set.....I don't even need the "dress" versions of all of them, but would be nice....

This is what I hope we get at minimum before thinking of any variants....skipping Misa and Roy since they are next....

Max Pilot

Kakizaki Pilot

Millia Pilot

Global

Britai

Exedore

3-pack Bridge Bunnies

Claudia

Like KitzConcept said, after Roy and Lisa, they hope that they can release all of the characters but it all depends on sales.  I’m in full support of this line so that they can make more.

5 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Like KitzConcept said, after Roy and Lisa, they hope that they can release all of the characters but it all depends on sales.  I’m in full support of this line so that they can make more.

Think we may have to support more than just their Macross figs....pretty sure it cost them more to design and bring those 1/72 to market....if those fail it may be bad news for everything else they may want to release in terms of Macross....;)

33 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Think we may have to support more than just their Macross figs....pretty sure it cost them more to design and bring those 1/72 to market....if those fail it may be bad news for everything else they may want to release in terms of Macross....;)

I didn’t order the 1/72 VF-1S but I hope all goes well.  I want most a 1/12 Max and Miriya figure.

16 hours ago, GabrielV said:

Good question. Not sure, but I thought they would choose her school outfit or white stage outfit or china dress, something more iconic than the green dress.

But change is good, it's just a risk for them to choose a less famous outfit.  I'll take them all if they keep up the sculpt quality.

8 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I’ve been really curious about the 1/72 VF-1, though I didn’t order one. I’m interested to see how it turns out. Was there any kind of preview of it, perhaps a video, beyond the images on the RT site?

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I’ve been really curious about the 1/72 VF-1, though I didn’t order one. I’m interested to see how it turns out. Was there any kind of preview of it, perhaps a video, beyond the images on the RT site?

only one I've seen so far..

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an update email on the 1/72 VF-1S

Dear Customer,

We greatly appreciate your patience in waiting for our 1/72 VF-1S Roy Fokker.  After several modifications, we are
pleased to announce that it will be ready on 12 December 2018.  Please visit our Facebook for the update product
photos.

To prepare for the shipment and to ensure that the parcel will reach you as quick as possible without any delay, please
arrange the followings:

1. Please double check your delivery information (address and contact phone number)  and let us know immediately if
there are any changes.  
2.We will email the invoice for balance (or whatsapp for Toysoul and HK customers) to you from 15-20 November, 2018.
 Please settle it on or before 2 December 2018.

Should you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

Our heartfelt thanks for all your support!!

Yep that backpack being too high is an eye sore.

Those top side air intakes are pretty massive. 

What's up with the wings being stuck behind the shoulders in gerwalk (sorry guardian mode)?

I do love the detailing though. 

Funny that the air brake is not painted on the inside of those recesses.

Side covers look to be copied from Yamarcadia, which were also not anime accurate. Too bad they didn't opt to design them as they were shown in episode 1/2.

But! BEST looking ROBOTECH toy to date. Good on them!

11 hours ago, tekering said:

Really?  Looking at the battroid proportions, I was thinking just the opposite...  :unsure:

Me too, although it still looks pretty good. If they eventually do a VE-1 Elint Seeker, I'm down for one.

Love the crisp paint and panel lining. I hope they eventually do a Legioss. I have the Toynami Legioss, and I love the sculpt, but due to its myriad deficiencies, it's a terrible toy. I think these guys could make one that looks as good, if not better, with superior engineering and materials so that it could be transformed and manipulated without fear of crumbling.