Kitz Concept Robotech Toy Line

kajnrig

6979C4C9-0765-4D41-86DF-A707A6A9AF48.thumb.jpeg.cf4d3c402513bce5c8aa7ee794cc12be.jpeg

I really like the Minmei figure.  Great sculpt, tight joints, lots of poseability, a good number of accessories, and nice packaging.  I can’t wait for Rick and more figures from this line.  Here she is with other 1/12 scale figures.

19 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Will do.

@no3Ljm did you get your shipment?

Last I checked it just left Hong Kong. Will recheck it again later. 

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I really like the Minmei figure.  Great sculpt, tight joints, lots of poseability, a good number of accessories, and nice packaging.  I can’t wait for Rick and more figures from this line.  Here she is with other 1/12 scale figures.

Scale is accurate with other figures. She’s Asian after all. ^_^ 

On 9/28/2018 at 8:08 PM, sh9000 said:

@no3Ljm did you get your shipment?

Ok. So I checked my tracking and it's already in San Francisco Customs. Will let you know if Rick is included in this shipping or not.

7 hours ago, tekering said:

713121678_wronganswerMinmei.thumb.jpg.8ace64c96892bc63fdb98fe2b724cc39.jpg

Thanks Tekering. Would be nice if Kitz will continue the whole Robotech line, Mospeada included. So we can have civvies 'Scott' and 'Rand'. ;)

I forgot to ask earlier. Does Minmay have waist articulation? Thanks!

Edited by no3Ljm

21 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Will let you know if Rick is included in this shipping or not.

I forgot to ask earlier. Does Minmay have waist articulation? Thanks!

Oh I was just wondering about your Minmeis.  I don’t think there is Rick.  Minmei has waist articulation.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Oh I was just wondering about your Minmeis.  I don’t think there is Rick.  Minmei has waist articulation.

I just ordered each Minmay and Rick at the same time under one order number. So I'm curious to see if I'll get separate packages for both based on availability. Because as far as what Paypal Service Invoice sent me regarding shipment details, it's for both Minmay and Rick. So will update once I've got the package.

1 hour ago, tekering said:

1424875720_waistedMinmei.thumb.jpg.9dac62e657a1051e017157bb7129cd09.jpg

Thank you sir! :wub: 

Edited by no3Ljm

18 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Last I checked it just left Hong Kong. Will recheck it again later. 

Scale is accurate with other figures. She’s Asian after all. ^_^ 

Isn’t Psylocke Asian?:p

She's a decent figure. She's not Figma quality, but she's far from a knock-off. My biggest gripe is that the stand does not plug securely to her back, so getting her to pose just right is a challenge, especially because her hair is in the way. She also has two left hands that are nearly identical, but is lacking a right "holding" hand. The hands aren't a big deal, but it feels like an oversight since it was shown in the promo photos. The airbrushing is a little weird, but feels in keeping with the Macross aesthetic. Overall, she's good enough that I'll get Rick (and Roy if they do him), but I'm underwhelmed. I really wanted to "love" this series of figures.

Edited by xsjado

On 9/7/2018 at 9:57 AM, jvmacross said:

The PO offered "free" shipping for either figure....so hoping they send them out as released....

I have 2 Minmays bundled with the 1/72 Super VF-1S, which is also offered with free shipping.....so it shouldn't matter to them if they break up the orders....

Anyway, if you find out differently...let us know!

Hey JVM. Got my 'Minmei' figure yesterday. And no, it didn't come with 'Rick' as per Paypal's notification email. Wouldn't hurt to let their customers know that they're shipping it one-by-one esp for those who ordered both figures at the same time, hence sharing one Paypal invoice. The reason is that it might raise some concerns due to the policies. You can't just let Paypal know you shipped the items knowing you just sent one. So in that regard if ever there will be problems on the second figure let's say you didn't receive it nor they didn't send it out, it will still show to Paypal that they 'did' sent it out as per the invoice / shipping notification. 

Anyways, it's just a small gripe. However, I didn't get the chance on inspecting it last night. Will do it tonight. ;) 

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey JVM. Got my 'Minmei' figure yesterday. And no, it didn't come with 'Rick' as per Paypal's notification email. Wouldn't hurt to let their customers know that they're shipping it one-by-one esp for those who ordered both figures at the same time, hence sharing one Paypal invoice. The reason is that it might raise some concerns due to the policies. You can't just let Paypal know you shipped the items knowing you just sent one. So in that regard if ever there will be problems on the second figure let's say you didn't receive it nor they didn't send it out, it will still show to Paypal that they 'did' sent it out as per the invoice / shipping notification. 

Anyways, it's just a small gripe. However, I didn't get the chance on inspecting it last night. Will do it tonight. ;) 

All good points!  I'd be more worried if we were dealing with a 3rd party and not the actual company itself.  I can see some disreputable dealers taking advantage of such shipping shennanigans.

It's kind of nice that we are able to order straight from KC and not some middleman....saves us money too!  All of my interactions with KC they have been stress-free so far.  They are also very quick to respond to questions.  So let's hope they don't abandon their good business practices as they get bigger.

Are you seeing the same price as everyone else? $44.90US plus free shipping for Hikaru?

Minmay is no longer on pre-order, so if you place an order from KC directly, the total cost is $49US plus $4.50 for express shipping.

Edited by technoblue
fixed so many things...

29 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

All good points!  I'd be more worried if we were dealing with a 3rd party and not the actual company itself.  I can see some disreputable dealers taking advantage of such shipping shennanigans.

It's kind of nice that we are able to order straight from KC and not some middleman....saves us money too!  All of my interactions with KC they have been stress-free so far.  They are also very quick to respond to questions.  So let's hope they don't abandon their good business practices as they get bigger.

Agreed. I really don't mind if 'Rick' will be officially available later this year. But it's nice to let us know for record purposes.

Anyways, I noticed that the 1/72 VF-1S (and Supers set included) in their site says PO starts on November. I thought you already preordered one, JVM?

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Agreed. I really don't mind if 'Rick' will be officially available later this year. But it's nice to let us know for record purposes.

Anyways, I noticed that the 1/72 VF-1S (and Supers set included) in their site says PO starts on November. I thought you already preordered one, JVM?

Says available for "order" November 2018.....perhaps they mean it is being released in November? :unknw:  I PO'd mine several months ago when they had it at the low PO price and free tshirt...

Also looks like they have Minmay available for purchase again....was listed as sold out last time I looked.  Hope she sells well for KC.

Wonder whatever happened to the big SDF-1?.....hopefully they received some customer feedback and went back in to fix it and not just do an upsized non-canon Hasegawa TV version...;)

Got the Minmay and it’s really well done.  I think the head on the Rick is a terrible Hikaru likeness though, not even close.  I’m going to order it  just for the body and use these CMs heads on them instead.

05007002-796C-469F-BC3B-198E1C8091B1.jpeg

E15544DD-5D39-4A3C-8369-6BCD82BA0F1C.jpeg

Edited by glane21

4 hours ago, glane21 said:

Got the Minmay and it’s really well done.  I think the head on the Rick is a terrible Hikaru likeness though, not even close.  I’m going to order it  just for the body and use these CMs heads on them instead.

05007002-796C-469F-BC3B-198E1C8091B1.jpeg

E15544DD-5D39-4A3C-8369-6BCD82BA0F1C.jpeg

I like the CM's but the Hikaru looks too much like Edward Scissorhands! :p

KC seems to have went all out Macross Fever for these releases...

gallery_12176_600_41222.jpg

gallery_12176_600_60795.jpg

If they are indeed using the Macross Fever character designs, these are the reference art for some potential future releases....

gallery_12176_600_58183.jpg

gallery_12176_600_2105.jpg

gallery_12176_600_113578.jpg

gallery_12176_600_107117.jpg

gallery_12176_600_101480.jpg

gallery_12176_600_94024.jpg

gallery_12176_600_66382.jpg

gallery_12176_600_33090.jpg

gallery_12176_640_57316.jpg

5 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Such classic chatacters...

If they made the Zentradi, I wonder how they would scale to the “micronians”?

And I don’t remember that purple UNS uniform on Miria during the show. Am I forgetting some scene?

I googled since I don't remember all of the SDFM scenes, and it looks like she was wearing one. Even some cosplayer did it.

Cosplay:
dyzajbyvamfshsopmywmstfxnkisopkcwcjkevlv

Fever:
tumblr_n0myjfxGjz1s03lrno1_400.gif

Cel:
3be83d7750dab463414ebe2552ecfb42--anime-

8 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Such classic chatacters...

If they made the Zentradi, I wonder how they would scale to the “micronians”?

And I don’t remember that purple UNS uniform on Miria during the show. Am I forgetting some scene?

Yeah Miria was wearing that uniform in one of the later episodes.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else here not get their Minmay figs yet?

I think mine may have been lost by the USPS....last track update was September 21st....was hoping they were just taking their sweet time in getting to me.....UGH

So I still have time to "correct" the issue via Paypal.  Sending KC an email via Paypal....let's see what they say.  They have been nice so far....let's see what happens with a "real" problem.

I have plenty on PO with them, so hopefully they can either resend or refund.  If not, I get paid via Paypal and may end up having to purchase via a re-seller going forward.