Kitz Concept Robotech Toy Line

kajnrig

I can tell this thread doesn't get much regular traffic, given all the repetitive content being posted.

The 1:12 figures are a must-buy, but 1:72 Veritechs?  After Bandai's 1:55, Imai's 1:72, Yamato's 1:60, Yamato's 1:48, Yamato/Arcadia's 1:60 v.2, and Bandai's 1:100, I honestly can't justify investing in another line of VF-1 Valkyrie toys... regardless of their quality.

1 hour ago, tekering said:

The 1:12 figures are a must-buy, but 1:72 Veritechs?  After Bandai's 1:55, Imai's 1:72, Yamato's 1:60, Yamato's 1:48, Yamato/Arcadia's 1:60 v.2, and Bandai's 1:100, I honestly can't justify investing in another line of VF-1 Valkyrie toys... regardless of their quality.

691775.png

8 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Has anyone noticed this yet?

Yeah. F360 already posted that same video on page 6.

I can tell this thread doesn't get much regular traffic, given all the repetitive content being posted.

I'm in the same boat as you. Whether it's weathered and comes with light up feature, I'm not so sure if I'm going to invest on a new line even if with just one figure. I guess, the only way I'm going to buy one is if they're going to do it in Rick's color for the VF-1S. ^_^

But then, that's what I said too on the HMR line. And here I am, already owned a VF-1J Hikaru, VF-1J Max, VF-1S Messer, (2) VF-2SS, and (2) HM VF-1S Roy. Though I bought all of them at discounted price. :rolleyes:

I got one on pre-order and am looking forward to putting it through the review ringer... Hopefully in a more timely manner than most of my reviews. I hope it doesn't show up in the same week as Sentinel's ride armor... Though they're currently scheduled a month apart.

My only gripe would be the glossy armor....they did that with their SD offerings....makes them look more like toys and less like "adult collectibles".....which seeing that they are based on a 30+ year old cartoon....I'm guessing there will be no kids buying these...;)

I think I'll be supporting KC for now....let's see where this goes....

It's good to see someone finally doing something decent with the Robotech license....

The 1/72 looks promising, though my only two gripes are the glossy plastic and the overdone panel lines. I can forgive the glossy plastic because glossy plastic is cheaper than a matte finish, which saves the customer money. But the panel lines don't save anyone money and may even bump up the price tag a little. If they were expertly done, then it'd be a different story.

I was hoping/thinking that the dark panel lines and gloss paint on the fast packs of the KC 1/72 was just the result of hand-painting for the pre-production display sample. If they'll come that way out of the box it's maybe a slight negative but not a deal-killer if the price stays reasonable. I'm more concerned about how well the hinged lower nose section will close up, and hopefully stay closed - gappiness there would really spoil the look in fighter mode.

Rick looks awesome! would grab in heartbeat! minmei not so much . Best figure of her but not screaming 'buy me' so much =-)

hopefully they put up a pre order for him soon! 

4 hours ago, Sam said:

Best figure of her but not screaming 'buy me' so much =-)

Actually, I think this Minmay figure is far better...

Minmay_custom.thumb.jpg.d45d29c71f4c22146e55ad28b639fe01.jpg

...but it's not Robotech.  <_<

I'm looking forward to pre-ordering Rick as well.

Which line is this from? I haven't seen this anywhere

Hey Tekering, is this one off from YJA? I saw one I think like last week ir so for bidding. If it is, nice catch. ;)

2 minutes ago, tekering said:

Precisely correct!  A simple custom, and the figures only cost me $5 apiece.  ^_^

Oppss. Too late for me to see this post. Nice! Can you take photo of Minmay’s head? I’m thinking the same before but not sure if Sheryl’s cap can be removed so I didn’t bought the figures. Can you show me some head shot and what’s been done so I can do the same. Because I like Minmay’s face from this series. Thanks! ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey Tekering, is this one off from YJA?

No need to search online, the so-called "recycle shops" here are full of 'em. 

15 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Can you show me some head shot and what’s been done so I can do the same.

notched.thumb.jpg.fcb6f3bd84861eaa1267d25e08cb457d.jpg

Removing the cap simply requires some heating with a hair dryer, so the vinyl's soft enough for the glue to separate.  It only leaves a small notch in the top of Minmay's head, which is easily puttied and painted over if you're so inclined...  I simply haven't bothered yet.

20 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I like Minmay’s face from this series.

It's more CR Fever than Mikimoto, but it's still the best Minmay face I've seen on a figure.