Kitz Concept Robotech Toy Line

kajnrig

1 hour ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

What is going on with Breetai's shoulder in that pic.. lol

I'm going to assume he dislocated it while going toe-to-toe with a giant robot that has armor tougher than an Abrams, "mech vs squishy" style.

Seriously,it looks like joint just isn't pegged in properly.

19 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Looks like he comes with 2 guns and I think one of them is this one.

Minmei in May and Rick in August.  KC said that if Minmei sells well then there will be more from SDFM. They also are planning characters from all 3 chapters if sales are good.

Yeah I want the whole cast too.

3 Chapters, meaning Mospeada and Southern Cross? At 1/12, that's a good alternative for the Riobot figures to have a civvie clothed figures. ^_^ Would this mean it's time to be a Robotech fan once again?  :ph34r:

On 3/3/2018 at 3:48 PM, jvmacross said:

Funny...because I was thinking more or less the same thing when I saw that KC SDFM Hikaru......been a long time coming....like I mentioned in another post.....the good thing about the KC offerings is that they are restricted (perhaps initially?) to the original SDFM characters and mechs.....imagine when they get to the DYRL stuff at that 1/12 or 1/6 scale.....tears of joy will flow...

BTW....curiosity got the best of me...and the price didn't help.....so I ordered one of the SD VF-1's...went with the VF-1A Soldier Type with the FP......I have to say they look alot better in person and the quality is not bad.....if the 1/72 VF-1's they are releasing are just as good..or better....I will definitely be supporting KC's Macross efforts.....well, except those 1/6 scale bluetooth speakers.....I'll just have to wait for the 1/12 versions! ;)

Oh and I ordered the pull-back mini Minmays....so guess you can call me a KC supporter already! 

Ditto on this. And yeah, if those 1/72 VF-1's is good, I'll probably bite on one. ;)

I'd like to get a KC Minmei.  It looks OK, and should go along my figmas well enough.

Not liking the KC Rick.  His face looks messed up.  Not as messed up as the Toynamis, but bad enough.  

The Toynamis look really bad.  As someone said earlier, only Miriya looks passable and only just barely.  Roy might be marginal as well.  It's difficult to tell.

If Minmei turns out good, and if KC did more character figures, I might be in for some if they look decent enough.  Scott and Marlene/Ariel would be nice.  1/12 scale Alpha!

54 minutes ago, GabrielV said:

I'd like to get a KC Minmei.  It looks OK, and should go along my figmas well enough.

Not liking the KC Rick.  His face looks messed up.  Not as messed up as the Toynamis, but bad enough.  

The Toynamis look really bad.  As someone said earlier, only Miriya looks passable and only just barely.  Roy might be marginal as well.  It's difficult to tell.

If Minmei turns out good, and if KC did more character figures, I might be in for some if they look decent enough.  Scott and Marlene/Ariel would be nice.  1/12 scale Alpha!

Curious. What's so messed up about Rick's face?

I hope they don't move onto non-Macross Saga characters too soon.....the line would die....want this line to survive long enough to get Lisa, Max, Millia, Roy,  Claudia, Gloval and Ben.....then if it survives those waves....Breetai, Zentran Soldier, Exedore, Bridge bunnies....

Heck....I'd take a Yotchan before they start thinking about Southern Cross or Mospeada...

gallery_12176_600_122166.jpg

8 minutes ago, GabrielV said:

Something about it looks strange to me.  I guess if I had to say something specific, his face looks too narrow and pointy.   

I see. I'm more forgiving this time because I know it's not the right 'Hikaru' face but it's more of a 'Rick' face so I'll stop my nitpicking for awhile and will preorder it once it's available. ;)

I know it's Rick/Hikaru's flight suit and not his dress uniform, but if KC made the following enhancements to the prototype my skepticism would wash away. ^_^

• Make the belt a floating, soft piece. Use this piece to conceal a waist joint.
  • Give Rick an extra face or head, similar to what they've done for Minmay. It would be really neat if they gave him interchangeable heads--the one shown and one wearing his fighter helmet.
  • Make sure the joints are posable enough so that Rick can take a seat. That is the minimum posability that I could wish for from something like this. Having the illusion that Rick is strapped in the VF-1 cockpit would be super cool.

5 hours ago, GabrielV said:

Something about it looks strange to me.  I guess if I had to say something specific, his face looks too narrow and pointy.   

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I see. I'm more forgiving this time because I know it's not the right 'Hikaru' face but it's more of a 'Rick' face so I'll stop my nitpicking for awhile and will preorder it once it's available. ;)

Can't wait to get my Macross Fever Hikaru!

gallery_12176_600_60795.jpg

2 hours ago, technoblue said:

I know it's Rick/Hikaru's flight suit and not his dress uniform, but if KC made the following enhancements to the prototype my skepticism would wash away. ^_^

• Make the belt a floating, soft piece. Use this piece to conceal a waist joint.
  • Give Rick an extra face or head, similar to what they've done for Minmay. It would be really neat if they gave him interchangeable heads--the one shown and one wearing his fighter helmet.
  • Make sure the joints are posable enough so that Rick can take a seat. That is the minimum posability that I could wish for from something like this. Having the illusion that Rick is strapped in the VF-1 cockpit would be super cool.

I think it will come with the "Helmet Head" and a Helmet to hold...or the hair will be removable like Minmay's....this pic was from a few posts ago...

76C1BE95-23F0-433B-A483-3B84612EFB8F.jpeg

Can't have a pilot suit Hikaru without his helmet!

gallery_12176_600_66222.jpg

gallery_12176_600_56078.jpg

20 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

I think it will come with the "Helmet Head" and a Helmet to hold...or the hair will be removable like Minmay's....this pic was from a few posts ago...

Although it's hard to tell what's going on with the helmet from that angle, the pic is very promising. Thanks! I'll be keeping my eyes open for more news as it gets posted.

It would be most excellent if it turns out to be a wearable accessory for Rick/Hikaru, and down the line KC ends up doing the same for any other pilots they release.

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Can't wait to get my Macross Fever Hikaru!

gallery_12176_600_60795.jpg

gallery_12176_600_66222.jpg

gallery_12176_600_56078.jpg

Hey JVM. Thanks for posting those Hikaru drawings. I guess, the KC one have a taller hair. If they lower the size down, here's more of the Fever design. I also wish they will include another helmet for surface use or have an extra part that can swap both space and surface use.

And I agree with technoblue, they should add another joints so that he can be posed sitting down. ;)

On 3/4/2018 at 2:40 PM, mechaninac said:

^ I read ya; but to be fair, Figmas and Figuarts and Mafex are also around that price point.  Ordinarily, $15-$25 would be far more reasonable for 1/10-1/12 articulated figures, but limited production volumes and licensing costs, etc., play major factors in the final retail price.

Oh I'm completely aware of the pricing factors that come into play with niche toys (looks at pile of Yamato VF's). But as someone who doesn't collect action figures, the pricing doesn't tempt me into starting another collection either. Still, I wish KC all the best!

On 3/5/2018 at 3:26 PM, jvmacross said:

I hope they don't move onto non-Macross Saga characters too soon.....the line would die....want this line to survive long enough to get Lisa, Max, Millia, Roy,  Claudia, Gloval and Ben.....then if it survives those waves....Breetai, Zentran Soldier, Exedore, Bridge bunnies....

Heck....I'd take a Yotchan before they start thinking about Southern Cross or Mospeada...

They could do a sub-line of just Minmei alone, for all the different outfits she wears.

I doubt I'll be getting any of these (not enough money or space, plus I'm more into the mecha than figures) but I will agree these look cool, and it's always nice to see more SDFM stuff coming out.

6 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

They could do a sub-line of just Minmei alone, for all the different outfits she wears.

I doubt I'll be getting any of these (not enough money or space, plus I'm more into the mecha than figures) but I will agree these look cool, and it's always nice to see more SDFM stuff coming out.

Excuse me. It's not SDFM. It's Robotech. ^_^

By now, we should be thankful for HG for permitting KC to create these 'cool looking' figures. Oh, the irony. :ph34r:

26 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Minmei Episode One outfit

Minmei singing debut dress

Minmei Final Battle Dress

Minmei "Miss Macross" swimsuit

Minmei "Miss Macross" winner outfit

"Shower time" Minmay

Minmei in Red Chinese dress

Minmei in Purple Chinese Dress

Minmei "shopping" dress

Minmei in yokohama outfit

Minmei in UN Spacy uniform

Minmei in Winter coat