Kitz Concept Robotech Toy Line

kajnrig

Lets get picky :)

I don't think it's close enough to the original drawing above.

Marvel at my awesome paint skilz ... I will be selling these as prints if you are interested haha

The side cannons on the model DON'T have the triangular feature from the drawing.

The top cannons I have marked with arrows are the wrong way around, the centre cannon should be closer to the Large cannon and behind the lower side cannons.

There is a detail missing off the Main cannons.

Having said this, I only picked these up because the reference picture was posted, I think it looks cool. No I won't buy one though.

SDF-1.png

4 hours ago, latheboy said:

Lets get picky :)

I don't think it's close enough to the original drawing above.

Marvel at my awesome paint skilz ... I will be selling these as prints if you are interested haha

The side cannons on the model DON'T have the triangular feature from the drawing.

The top cannons I have marked with arrows are the wrong way around, the centre cannon should be closer to the Large cannon and behind the lower side cannons.

There is a detail missing off the Main cannons.

Having said this, I only picked these up because the reference picture was posted, I think it looks cool. No I won't buy one though.

*snip*

That's why we always think of this as a Hasegawa Kit rip-off. ^_^

Kitz Concept:
GenNGIP.jpg

Hasegawa 1/4000 TV kit from @Gatsu posted in Model Kits section:
DSC03262.JPG

Lineart from Macross Mecha Manual:
macross-side.gif

From Gatsu:
DSC03255.JPG

Lineart from Macross Mecha Manual:
macross-cruiser.png

From Gatsu:
DSC03422.JPG

In the end it's the only SDF-1 TV Version in that scale. Whether it's accurate or not, it's already a one of kind esp with those metallic colors. ^_^ But kidding aside, after seeing the concept drawing for its gimmicks, it made me curious how it will look in their final product. I have a feeling those light-up blast effects will probably look the same as their SD VF-1's. ;)

And like I said on the Arcadia 1/3000 SDF-1 thread, this will sell for sure if they will only remove anything that pertaining to the 'company-that-must-not-be-named'. :rolleyes:

15 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Kitz Concept Robotech VF-1A Super Deformed Ben Dixon Figure....guess if you want any SD Vermillion Squadron...your wish has been granted....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kitz-Concept-Macross-Robotech-VF-1A-Super-Deformed-Ben-Dixon-Figure-/292160927309?hash=item440625f64d

s-l500.jpg

ROBOTECH SD VF-1A MAX STERLING & Fast Pack KITZ CONCEPT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROBOTECH-MACROSS-SD-SUPER-DEFORMED-VF-1A-MAX-STERLING-Fast-Pack-KITZ-CONCEPT-/322584025070?hash=item4b1b8197ee:g:5H8AAOSw0TxZYR~L

s-l500.jpg

The painting on the stabilizers is wrong. It should be blue on top of white.

On 7/13/2017 at 2:25 AM, no3Ljm said:

Not sure if this has been posted. Found some of their 1/2000 (24in) SDF-1 'Macroo Deluxe' photos online. ^_^ 

DRTYdUh.jpg

Hey no3Ljm...the other "hint" (aka damning evidence) that this is just a ripoff of Hasegawa's lame TV/DYRL SDF-1 hybrid is that the promo drawing shows the DYRL versions of the ARMDs.....NOT the TV versions.....since Hasegawa hasn't made any in 1/4000 for them to upscale!! ;) 

TV:

armd-01.gif

DYRL:

armd-dyrl.gif

But I guess we'll get 1/2000 scaled DYRL ARMDs and a 1/2000 scaled Prometheus and Daedelus...:unknw:

Edited by jvmacross

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Sandman said:

If this is PT I might be interested in this to replace the hi-metal vf-1. I can't stand the part swapping for the hi-metal. It pull also be cool to finally have a balk with the correctly coloured tv missiles.

Pretty sure the Toynami MasterPOS VF-1 fast pack set had correct colors on its missiles....but I am guessing you also want one that does not look like a piece of crap...:unknw:

Where are people seeing the Yamato similarities? Not saying you're wrong, I just don't know the toys very well. I love comparisons.

I think it looks fine enough. It's certainly better than the Prime 1 statues, sad to say, insofar as looking and feeling like the VF-1. The hands of the GBP make me wonder: Does the GBP come with oversized hands as part of the package, or is that something more to do with the animation/lineart of the time? I don't believe the Yamato(/Arcadia?) toys come with oversized hands to match, do they?

36 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Where are people seeing the Yamato similarities? Not saying you're wrong, I just don't know the toys very well. I love comparisons.

I think it looks fine enough. It's certainly better than the Prime 1 statues, sad to say, insofar as looking and feeling like the VF-1. The hands of the GBP make me wonder: Does the GBP come with oversized hands as part of the package, or is that something more to do with the animation/lineart of the time? I don't believe the Yamato(/Arcadia?) toys come with oversized hands to match, do they?

Yes, it comes with 'clown' hands. Check Jenius reviews.

Yamato-V2-GBP-Exclusive-5.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

33 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

I think it looks fine enough. 

I could be wrong but I think the comparisons are to the Yamato V1 VF-1.....the Yamato VF-1 V1 was also "fine enough" back in 2002...Maybe we'll have to wait another 15 years for KC to KO a Yamato V2 VF-1?  Of course, by then we'll have VF-1 toys that are 100% accurate and can transform themselves.....:unknw:

gallery_12176_640_3545402.jpg

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

The similarities I see are with Yamato's 1/60 V2 ,  mostly noticeable on the Limbs (legs and arms)

LEG, from top to bottom it looks very similar, like how the bay doors look, how the joints shaped near below the intake, even the screw hole on the inner part of the leg looks to be place in the same spot.

Arms, besides the joints looking similar, the forearm tabs are place in nearly identical spot, they change grove for the gunpod/amor part attachment to be wider upward abit .

The chest/backpack and wings looks different.

TOY-RBT-2324_01.jpg.340aa0a9c5cfc6e23f692a197ed08eef.jpgIMG_1773.JPG.31f67692265b51f7d61c11b0a9b5f44b.JPG.c0d8fbcd40c5ca0216ceb80a6e18c348.JPG

Edited by F360

8 hours ago, ps99042 said:

Kinda curious about the expected price for their VF-1S.  $250 since it's got lights and HG licensing fee attached?

I feel $250 is too much. Probably less than $200. Somewhere around $120-170 maybe?

Their SD VF-1's with Super Packs and LED cost around $89.99. That's around 5 inches figure. 1/72 is around 8 inches.

That would get them a ton of sales I'd think, considering that's about the original Yamato target price.

Depending on quality and availability, they might be worth a shot.  At the very least, they'd be a nice companion to other 1/72 scale aircraft, which has always been a major sticking point for some folks with the 1/60 valks.

Was guesstimating the price in the KO toys thread, and F360 brought up similar comparisons with Jap counterparts and the fact that a diecast 1/72 Calwings f-14 was going for abt usd139?

Since KC's 1/72 roy is also diecast but transforms it might possibly be abv that range.