Kitz Concept Robotech Toy Line

kajnrig

KumaStyle http://kumastyledesigns.com/kitzconcept-vf1s-review/ has a review for anyone interested. While he admits a bias towards SD toys, I felt his review showed it to be a decent toy on its own merits. I dig it, personally. Shame that buying one helps HG, though...that's really the only detractor to buying one, IMHO.

This is a proposed line of toys that encompasses non Macross goods,not just Robotech:TMS.

The same could be said about Toynami's 1:100 line and plushes and those threads remain in the Toy section. Also, mecha outside of Macross Saga is only hypothetical so far and given HG's history, not particularly likely.

Most of us don't want to give anything that has "RT" and/or RT-branded merchandises any attention and any money whatsoever at all.

Go to their website if you want them.

They really have no place here in MWF. No free publicity nor free ads here for RT stuff.

At any rate, can this thread be closed already?

Read up on the stickied thread about RT and Macross diffs instead.

Edited by treatment

The same could be said about Toynami's 1:100 line and plushes and those threads remain in the Toy section. Also, mecha outside of Macross Saga is only hypothetical so far and given HG's history, not particularly likely.

Could it? They haven't teased anything but Macross or Robotech TMS stuff for plush or 1/100 have they? This company is talking about the SDF3,that's Sentinels wares.

Edited by jenius

Could it? They haven't teased anything but Macross or Robotech TMS stuff for plush or 1/100 have they? This company is talking about the SDF3,that's Sentinels wares.

The SDF-3 is something I've missed. Cool. Then it's more understandable.

Actually, all Robotech branded toys go here in the "Other Anime" section because we've always treated Robotech as an other anime title. If you see HG toys in the Toy Section it's because it's branded as "Macross" or people just keep posting there and the mods might have missed it. If the thread keeps popping up, it'll be moved... if it dies off into the nether pages, then who cares.

All sections in these forums are MACROSS related only. The only place you'll see non-Macross subjects are either in this section or the Sale and Trade section. You may see some non-Macross stuff in threads that are collection or guide/help threads, but those should all be predominantly Macross with the occasional random postings that are related. Hope that explains it.

Just a reminder, no name calling or outright nastiness to each other.

• 5 months later...
19 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Wondercon 2017 Exclusive Toynami Robotech VF-1J "Battle Cry" Edition

large.20170410_120836.jpg.30353c3a70909c

Funny to see that '(This is not a toy) For the Adult Collector' box on the top right corner when in fact their products really look like a toy. ^_^

Maybe this thread should just be renamed "Robotech Toys"?

I'll pick up a Battlecry edition Rick. I wonder if that will be the same exclusive for Comic-con. I'm going to Comic-con and won't pay a premium for it if I can just grab it in person.

It's a super stupid missed opportunity. They've already done a stealth VF-1J in a much more attractive paint scheme than this one. They could have done a cannon fodder VF-1J, an Alaska Base VF-1A, a Cavaliers VF-1A or VF-1J, or a Ben Dixon VF-1A, a Kakizaki VF-1A DYRL, a VF-1S Max from DYRL. All of those are toys we'll never see in a regular release so why not make those toys the event exclusives? Seems crazy to me. Even if they want to do "custom" schemes, why not a LowVis or a Zentraedi colors version? 

I tend to concur; I don't want to support HG in any way. However, getting back to the topic at hand, Kitz Concept's SD VF-1, I find myself a bit tempted to get one of these. By all appearances thus far, it's a nice little figure, and one of the best looking SD VF-1 designs I've seen. I dig it a lot. I wouldn't mind Focker's Strike Valk in all its FAST Pack glory.

Sitting on the fence....

I will agree these are probably the best looking SD VF-1's i've probaly seen, but i'm not really in to the SD toys although I did buy the Makuros and I bought VF-11B that was put out a few years back at Macross World Con. The Makuros was really an impulse buy that I never even removed from the box. I did truly like the looks of the VF-11B though. Even if I like these I'm still going to say that I would't buy them. Any company that prevents Macross from shipping to these shores needs to go bankrupt IMO.

Please don't take offence to my views on this topic, I actually grew up on Robotech but the internet came out and I discovered the truth.