Yamato SV-51 Nora or VF-0A Arcadia,Which one should i get first?

thetrollphysicist

I dont own a SV-51, but i do have a VF-0A and its beatiful, the thing is that there are some QC issues with it on the legs that may fall apart, some people are waiting for a possible reissue with that fixed. I for one dont have a problem with mine,

but its something to consider. Maybe someone with both can give you better feedback.

Edited by Mr Bomber

Since I can't pick anything when it comes to Zero line,i need advices from you guys, i found an offer for the SV-51 Nora type at 315 USD with shipping, and a VF-0A Shin version Arcadia at the cost of 26,000 yen on Mandarake, which one should i buy first?

Both Fighters have QC issues. IIRC the SV-51 Nora has floppy wings and a few other problems. The Arcadia VF-0A which I have is amazing, if you do not use the leg-extension feature you should be ok. I've never used it and my legs are good, also the 0A is a very solid toy, no loose joints or floppy parts with mine.

There is nothing in sight that suggests that Arcadia will be doing a SV-51 2.0, so if you really want a Nora type, go for it! B))

its kinda like a double edge sward scenario with these two toys.. both built from different generations one being old school Yamato and the other a Arcadia renewal but both have their issues..

I don't think the SV-51 ever really fell to bits that often though I'll admit I picked them up rather late in my collection timeline and without much research and never any real intention to switch them out of fighter mode so the durability side of them wasn't a priority, but... they are rather loose'n floppy and not the nicest thing to handle. Though the tight & solid feeling Arcadia VF-0A had a tenancy to get "legless" if you know what I mean!

As 505 mentioned, if you don't use the VF-0 leg hip extendy gimmick then you're gonna 99% safe with it but the risk is always ever present. But not all of them seemed to have that particular issue. I have two of them and extended the hips/leg on both without issue and they don't feel like they're about to fall off after doing so.

The Arcadia VF-0 line are all great toys to look at and handle, clean & solid build feel. If you could stretch a little extra and pick up the VF-0S which is definitely the most improved of the bunch but if not then Shin's VF-0 is fine and you'll love it regardless.

And as 505 also mentioned, there hasn't been any indication of Arcadia planning on a SV-51 renewal so maybe the VF-0 is the better buy considering the SV's can demand good money. Personally I'd go with the VF-0.

Edited by spanner

The Arcadia VF-0 line are all great toys to look at and handle, clean & solid build feel. If you could stretch a little extra and pick up the VF-0S which is definitely the most improved of the bunch but if not then Shin's VF-0 is fine and you'll love it regardless.

And as 505 also mentioned, there hasn't been any indication of Arcadia planning on a SV-51 renewal so maybe the VF-0 is the better buy considering the SV's can demand good money. Personally I'd go with the VF-0.

My thoughts exactly the VF-0S is still available, have the QC problems corrected and its awesome.

Take advice for spanner, he is going to get all V3 VALKS when available :D

Edited by Mr Bomber

Don't start with Spanner on getting a V3 VF-1's if ever, Mr Bomber. He'll DO IT no matter what! :lol:

I know no3ljm he will get those and in pairs for safe keeping! Edited by Mr Bomber

Forget about getting either one. Pass on them both.

Maybe Arcadia will re-do the 0A and the SV-51 with better materials and better QC later on. If not, then you're still better off not getting either.

Just go try to get the Arcadia 0S instead.

yeah the VF-0S would be a better thing to buy if one can afford the extra stretch! I would really like to see Arcadia re-issue an updated VF-0D with some of the improvement they made to the A & S variants.. such as the fold out shoulder gap fillers, knee joint gap filler for fighter mode, re-position the slots on the arms so that the gun pod stows in the correct position and doesn't get in the way of the arrestor hook.. I'd probably offload my original three if they actually did that!

Edited by spanner

Well, i guess i finally comes to a conclusion now, I will pre-order the VF-0S Arcadia, it seems like the best Mac-0 toy out there that does not have any problems whatsoever. Thank you guys for the recommendation btw.

Also, i think that i finally made a good decision after all, since I'm still waiting for this chunky set of plastic to be released by the end of this year along with the Brownie VF-0 Cannon FodderArcadia%2BVF-0A%2BVF-0S%2BReactive%2BArm

Edited by thetrollphysicist

Well, i guess i finally comes to a conclusion now, I will pre-order the VF-0S Arcadia, it seems like the best Mac-0 toy out there that does not have any problems whatsoever. Thank you guys for the recommendation btw.

Also, i think that i finally made a good decision after all, since I'm still waiting for this chunky set of plastic to be released by the end of this year along with the Brownie VF-0 Cannon Fodder

Congrats on your decision and better get one now before the price of the VF-0S goes up ridicolously. ;)

As for the Reactive Armor it will be released sometime next year and not end of this year. So we have time to save more. :lol: VF-0 CF on the other hand, no news yet if it's going to get released.

Edited by no3Ljm

Congrats on your decision and better get one now before the price of the VF-0S goes up ridicolously. ;)

As for the Reactive Armor it will be released sometime next year and not end of this year. So we have time to save more. :lol: VF-0 CF on the other hand, no news yet if it's going to get released.

Ah, I was just wondering about another possible VF-0 release. Thanks for clarifying.

And yeah, good choice on getting a VF-0S. Finest Valk made IMO.

yeah the VF-0S would be a better thing to buy if one can afford the extra stretch! I would really like to see Arcadia re-issue an updated VF-0D with some of the improvement they made to the A & S variants.. such as the fold out shoulder gap fillers, knee joint gap filler for fighter mode, re-position the slots on the arms so that the gun pod stows in the correct position and doesn't get in the way of the arrestor hook.. I'd probably offload my original three if they actually did that!

And if Arcadia should actually do this with the VF-0D, I'd gladly buy another! B))