Mission 25: Star Singer  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive ( You must be my Lucky Star 'Cause you shine on me wherever you are )
    • Neutral
    • Negative ( How this show lasted this long is a mystery to me... )

I'm sure everything will be resolved in the final episode though 23 minutes of talking heads, with a couple of songs thrown in and if we are very lucky, perhaps 1 minute of glowing light trail, fighter mode only scissors dogfight! :unsure:

Then it will be back to the Elysion's bridge for tea and jellyfish snacks :wacko:

Cynical, moi?

One thing I'm not clear about this Lady M (& Megaroad-01 by relation) :

- Is this Lady M already in real-space or still trapped in fold-space (or black hole) ?

- If she's still trapped in fold-space, meaning that she controls XAOS from behind the 'curtain'. She must have quite political/monetary influence to do that, because she's just a 'transmission' (literally).

- If she (& Megaroad-01) already out in real-space, then what's with all the secrecy (by Berger) ?

The return of Megaroad-01 (with its' legendary space-war hero crews) should have been a great news in Macross universe, but none of it is hinted in the Delta.

Unless the NUNG is keeping it secret. But from my point of view, that doesn't make sense, because the return of Megaroad-01 could be used as major propaganda by NUNG.

I'm sure everything will be resolved in the final episode though 23 minutes of talking heads, with a couple of songs thrown in and if we are very lucky, perhaps 1 minute of glowing light trail, fighter mode only scissors dogfight! :unsure:

Then it will be back to the Elysion's bridge for tea and jellyfish snacks :wacko:

Cynical, moi?

Delta isn't over until Berger sings a song.

Then I can die in peace.

- Is this Lady M already in real-space or still trapped in fold-space (or black hole) ?

- If she's still trapped in fold-space, meaning that she controls XAOS from behind the 'curtain'. She must have quite political/monetary influence to do that, because she's just a 'transmission' (literally).

- If she (& Megaroad-01) already out in real-space, then what's with all the secrecy (by Berger) ?

The return of Megaroad-01 (with its' legendary space-war hero crews) should have been a great news in Macross universe, but none of it is hinted in the Delta.

Unless the NUNG is keeping it secret. But from my point of view, that doesn't make sense, because the return of Megaroad-01 could be used as major propaganda by NUNG.

Hell, no. Megaroad-01 was UN Spacy, not NUNS. I don't think NUNS would ever want the M-01 to return (it's like during the Battletech 4th succession war to wish for the SLDF to return (as the Clans or otherwise)). I would imagine Misa or who ever was the colony Fleet lead to not like what the NUNS has turned into, politically. Certainly NUNS would consider M-01 to be a threat, if anything...

Unless Megaroad's crew is working against NUNS with their own political agenda

Edited by nexxstrait

Cynical, moi?

Don't give them ideas!!!

Without reading anything here, I think I've decided to just wait until the next episode is out, then watch 25 & 26 together. I have lost much of my enthusiasm here. Even the VF-31 and the Walkure songs I have on my phone have become less interesting. We'll see how this wraps up...

Can we just please leave the Mega Road crew out of this train wreck?

Being lost in space and presumed dead is far better fate for these legendary heroes.

Oh come on... you're dying to see Hikaru and Hayate competing to see which one can do the better scissors in the skies of Ragna...

theres no way they can finish in one more episode

As I said, whether you think can end in 1 more episode or not is irrelevant. The series will end.

Will it end to your satisfaction? We'll find out on Sunday.

If a movie is made, we shall see if it's a complete teardown or if it will be a that dangling ending they're gonna lead us around with for 6 months.

As I said, whether you think can end in 1 more episode or not is irrelevant. The series will end.

Will it end to your satisfaction? We'll find out on Sunday.

If a movie is made, we shall see if it's a complete teardown or if it will be a that dangling ending they're gonna lead us around with for 6 months.

Az with the obvious since 1998! :D

At this point, I would prefer the dangling ending, because it would at least show that they recognize the task ahead and have been stringing things along on purpose to set up the movie conclusion. A bad purpose, maybe, but not an unintended one.

If, on the other hand, next episode is intended as a wrap, then I'm afraid it doesn't matter if there's a movie or not because the series can only be a disappointment and it will prove that the staff either had no idea how to go about making the show or, worse, didn't care.

Then again, surprises happen. I highly doubt it will in this case, but I'll be watching on Sunday and won't write it off until Delta does it for itself.

for the movie, I suggest a flashback show... mostly narrated by Berger with occasional mech action, with gratuitous amounts of scissoring in fighter mode. I think they have enough footage to pull that off, and if not, a few judicious application of images on the background could work. To make it an interesting twist, I would follow what someone else on the board has said, it would start with a 2 years later thing... Then we can reuse a lot of the footage, for example, the Elysion could fire its main cannon again, except in space, just change the back ground from episode 13. And we know the SV footage can be shopped with lots of Windermere throwaway around it using different angles.

Just throw out some additional conspiracy theories, and we're done.

Hey, I think I should direct this movie, I already have the basic idea down, and it'll cost very little for Big West. Quick, I need to open a poll on survey monkey, everyone here should vote for me, and we can petition Big West.

for the movie, I suggest a flashback show... mostly narrated by Berger with occasional mech action, with gratuitous amounts of scissoring in fighter mode. I think they have enough footage to pull that off, and if not, a few judicious application of images on the background could work. To make it an interesting twist, I would follow what someone else on the board has said, it would start with a 2 years later thing... Then we can reuse a lot of the footage, for example, the Elysion could fire its main cannon again, except in space, just change the back ground from episode 13. And we know the SV footage can be shopped with lots of Windermere throwaway around it using different angles.

Just throw out some additional conspiracy theories, and we're done.

Hey, I think I should direct this movie, I already have the basic idea down, and it'll cost very little for Big West. Quick, I need to open a poll on survey monkey, everyone here should vote for me, and we can petition Big West.

No. Bad. No cookie for you.

I still liked it but if episode 26 is the last episode I don't know how they can warp it up. In a way it feels like SDF:M where after the end of Space War I there are more episodes dealing with the fallout of what has happened. Maybe they wrap it up neatly in a Macross Delta Movie.

After a bit of though I got the feeling that Kawamori really tried to remove the Valkyries as one pillar of Macross in Delta and thus it feels so incomplete.

On the other hand the storytelling is not stellar. On the bright side this means that Macross 7 is still the best Macross out there. BOMBA!

Hell, no. Megaroad-01 was UN Spacy, not NUNS. I don't think NUNS would ever want the M-01 to return (it's like during the Battletech 4th succession war to wish for the SLDF to return (as the Clans or otherwise)). I would imagine Misa or who ever was the colony Fleet lead to not like what the NUNS has turned into, politically. Certainly NUNS would consider M-01 to be a threat, if anything...

OK, I don't follow.

Misa was present when her father, the spokesman for UNS advised Global that the Macross was not going to get help from Earth forces and that Misa, his daughter was re-assigned to the Alaska Grand Canon Base. She is no stranger to political intrique. The world had a good re-boot after the war, but I don't think she was naive enough to believe the UNG would stay pure. The return of the Megaroad would pose some problems with the NUNG. How do you keep the Megaroad population quiet about the 50 year cover up? That whole scenario is a story unto itself.

Can we just please leave the Mega Road crew out of this train wreck?

Being lost in space and presumed dead is far better fate for these legendary heroes.

The fleet was presumed lost, I don't recall anywhere were they were presumed dead. Some may have felt that way I have no doubt.

At this point, I would prefer the dangling ending, because it would at least show that they recognize the task ahead and have been stringing things along on purpose to set up the movie conclusion. A bad purpose, maybe, but not an unintended one.

If, on the other hand, next episode is intended as a wrap, then I'm afraid it doesn't matter if there's a movie or not because the series can only be a disappointment and it will prove that the staff either had no idea how to go about making the show or, worse, didn't care.

Then again, surprises happen. I highly doubt it will in this case, but I'll be watching on Sunday and won't write it off until Delta does it for itself.

You are like a dog with a tennis ball about the movie. We have not seen any evidence yet that a movie is being planned. The second cour was supposed to be a movie, but was converted.

After a certain amount of time doesn't "presumed lost" default to "presumed dead" anyway?

Not really. For some who knew about the communication breakdown, perhaps. The fleets were self sustaining environments designed to travel for decades so it is not unreasonable to believe the Megaroad 01 was out in the vast galaxy, somewhere. The lack of communication was a concern, but clearly not unusual for the times. They lost contact with the Megaroad 13 ( Varuata) colony for 7 years and never sent an SAR force to investigate before the M7 fleet stumbled across it. This reveals that communication breakdowns for extended periods were common or that the UNG had a rather Spartan attitude toward emigration fleets and their survival.

Edited by Zinjo

Not really. For some who knew about the communication breakdown, perhaps. The fleets were self sustaining environments designed to travel for decades so it is not unreasonable to believe the Megaroad 01 was out in the vast galaxy, somewhere.

The emigrant ships are mostly self-sustaining, but not completely... and they aren't possessed of infinite endurance. Endurance has improved as ships have gotten larger and the recycling technology has gotten better, but the Megaroad-01 should be well over its planned service lifespan by 2067.

The lack of communication was a concern, but clearly not unusual for the times. They lost contact with the Megaroad 13 ( Varuata) colony for 7 years and never sent an SAR force to investigate before the M7 fleet stumbled across it. This reveals that communication breakdowns for extended periods were common or that the UNG had a rather Spartan attitude toward emigration fleets and their survival.

So... a couple things...

First, the loss of communication in July 2016 is what prompted the UN Forces to conclude the SDF-2 Megaroad-01 had gone missing, and the ensuing coverup... so they clearly don't have a cavalier attitude about ships going silent.

Second, the time between the Varauta system being conquered by the Protodeviln and the start of Macross 7 is only two years (2043-2045).

Third, I don't believe it's said that the Varauta system went silent after being conquered. The entire population was brainwashed, so it wouldn't have been any real challenge to fake routine communications to ensure the UN Government was convinced all was well.

The emigrant ships are mostly self-sustaining, but not completely... and they aren't possessed of infinite endurance. Endurance has improved as ships have gotten larger and the recycling technology has gotten better, but the Megaroad-01 should be well over its planned service lifespan by 2067.

I would imagine Megaroad and fleet has found a planet to settle down by now. If anything they just developed in isolation until end of Varja war.

Short survey for those who prefer to wait for subs before viewing. Are you still going to wait for subs with episode #26?

I've been reading all the spoilers but have been waiting for the subs. I don't know if I will wait this time.

I will wait for subs and am planning to stop accessing Macrossworld between ep26 airing and subs.

Short survey for those who prefer to wait for subs before viewing. Are you still going to wait for subs with episode #26?

I've been reading all the spoilers but have been waiting for the subs. I don't know if I will wait this time.

I wait for subs but read all the spoilers!!!

This way I know in advance about all the "wonderful" no mecha action - talking heads episodes!!!

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

They also removed the love triangle pillar, the storyline pillar, the animation pillar along with the mecha pillar. Delta is balancing on the single pillar of its music.

Best and truest post of the day!

I wait for subs but read all the spoilers!!!

This way I know in advance about all the "wonderful" no mecha action - talking heads episodes!!!

Same, I read all the spoilers before watching an episode, that way I can know exactly how disappointed I'm gonna be when I finally muster up the courage to actually watch it.

Still no mood or desire to actually watch episode 25 yet.

And if this train wreck of a series actually gets a movie or second season green lit, I'll be most surprised.

I typically wait for subs and will for the final episode as well. For most of Delta's run, I've read the spoilers while waiting mostly because it helps with my understanding of the episode (splitting my attention between reading subs and trying to watch what's going on means that I inevitably miss stuff).

For the final episode, I'll be avoiding everything until I've seen the episode for myself. Delta hasn't quite earned it, but I'll give it every chance to impress me before I let everyone else's opinions in.

You are like a dog with a tennis ball about the movie. We have not seen any evidence yet that a movie is being planned. The second cour was supposed to be a movie, but was converted.

:-)
Just to be clear, I'm only talking about a movie in the hypothetical sense. I'm not counting on it or even really expecting it (although, Macross does have something of a track record here). Just fun stuff to speculate on. I'll stop now, though, until an announcement is made.

I would imagine Megaroad and fleet has found a planet to settle down by now. If anything they just developed in isolation until end of Varja war.

Improbable, for several reasons. If you travel with such a fleet and know that communications are broken in at least one direction, you try to at least not to put the entire number of eggs of your basket in such an unreachable planet, but search for other one that at least could act as relay. If you fail to do that, presumably is because you don't have such option, nor even to develop yourselves to overcome whatever the obstacle is to deploy to more worlds. Also, even if obscured from Earth, search parties (*) could pick transmission from several planets if you were able to colonize a few. Or even one, around the location of your disappearance. UNSpacy couldn't, NUNS couldn't and even Bilrer's SMS couldn't. Until around 2159-2160.

Search parties have undoubtedly been sent, but not 'on time'. Y'see, we earthlings are 7.5 billions, 75 hundreds of millions if you like. Earthlings in the Macross universe were but a few by the time of Megaroad-01 departure and immediately after. With lots of clones of such few sent in almost every other colonization ship. Clones are somewhat expendable, and in your precarious situation, if you loss contact with a fleet, even if not a fleet of clones, you don't send a rescue party to create a greater risk of hostiles pinpointing your very vulnerable homeworld. You simply fill the presumed risky route with 'here be dragons' until your numbers are strong enough in a lot of colonies before sending an investigation fleet. For Megaload-01, it arrived too late.

Although well beyond its service life, I assume they have not colonized any detectable world, so they are still aboard old Megaroad-01. The had a Nupetiet-Vergnitz in the fleet to analyze and extract technologies from, to extend the service life of the vessel. And although not really self-sustainable, even if you haven't been able to settle, you certainly can mine resources. Megaroad-01 is the Battlestar Galactica fleet of the franchise.

Edited by Aries Turner