Shapeways Carrier Crew

NZEOD

Just received the first set of deck crew from Shapeways in 1/72 scale

Printed in FUD my impressions, giving my expectations werent overly high given the level, or lack of, detail on the Fujimi and Hasegawa crew kits...

WOW!!!!

On initial inspection the level of detail is OF THE CHARTS!!

I can see raised thumbs, creased T Shirts under the jackets, boom mics, googles and earmuffs in exceptional clarity!

I'll post up the photos tonight.

My next question will be if Shapeways can invert the file to print them again in mirror to increase the pose options.

I'll let you know in 1 hour... heading home on the Daytona now to give them a quick dust over with some fine detail primer to see what I can see...

Just what I thought! I've been following this guys work over here for a little while now: http://zone-five.net/showthread.php?t=29992

I thought that's what you were referring to after I read your initial comments. The guy has some really great stuff, doesn't he?

SOOOOO wish you hadnt posted that up...

Wanting to build the CVN-99 Asuka II deck in 1/72 now and nail it to a wall in one of the kids rooms. Full deck would be 7152mm long so it would have to be the Cat section only... and maybe the rear section on another wall...

Perfect place to display the ES-11D Cats eye... on Cat 1!

Asked the wife... she sighed and just hung up the phone. Odd.

Edited by NZEOD

need pics!!!

Check that zone-five link I posted earlier Derex, that's the guy who designed them in the first place. His painted examples are incredible!

SOOOOO wish you hadnt posted that up...

Wanting to build the CVN-99 Asuka II deck in 1/72 now and nail it to a wall in one of the kids rooms. Full deck would be 7152mm long so it would have to be the Cat section only... and maybe the rear section on another wall...

Perfect place to display the ES-11D Cats eye... on Cat 1!

Asked the wife... she sighed and just hung up the phone. Odd.

If you do it, I will SOOOOO want to pay you visit and see it! ;)

Well the Starship Enterprise Bridge aka the $30K Kitchen is going in this coming monday finally so no more renos for awhile and I'm finally free to get back to the Asylum Workshops to carry on creating!

Lets just hope my actual talents can match my ego and ambition

Edited by NZEOD