Mission 24: Fatal Judgement  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (Finally, a Macross with courtroom drama.)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet?...)

About Berger:

Is he related to Egar from Macross Zero? This guy just sort of pops up whenever it is convenient for him. Just hanging out in the forest and happen to find Arad with the girls. If he's playing both sides then he must be the master cause neither Delta team nor Windermere seem to notice he's in contact with either side... or so it seems this way.

@kalvasflam, if Berger is Lady M in drag that would be one of the best surprises in this series!

P.S. Bogue is a Dick, dude needs to go down screaming in flames!!

About Berger:

Is he related to Egar from Macross Zero? This guy just sort of pops up whenever it is convenient for him. Just hanging out in the forest and happen to find Arad with the girls. If he's playing both sides then he must be the master cause neither Delta team nor Windermere seem to notice he's in contact with either side... or so it seems this way.

@kalvasflam, if Berger is Lady M in drag that would be one of the best surprises in this series!

P.S. Bogue is a Dick, dude needs to go down screaming in flames!!

Doubtful Berger is related to Edgar LaSalle. Edgar is likely he is related to Claudia LaSalle from SDFM. How it I do not know.

Edited by Zinjo

So Roid using Klattu Barada Nikto repeatedly on Mikumo is pretty much like using a date rape drug right? And given Mikumo's true age, Roid is basically setting himself up to be an abuser of children. This really does make me wonder how many episodes are possibly left in this series. It can't possibly end with episode 25, right?

Doubtful Berger is related to Edgar LaSalle. Edgar is likely he is related to Claudia LaSalle from SDFM. How it I do not know.

Hahaha, I was actually being very sarcastic with relating Berger to Edgar (who is almost certainly related to Claudia). Just the idea this guy sort of pops up the same way Edgar would after ejecting! The scene in the forest reminded me of Zero. B))

So Roid using Klattu Barada Nikto repeatedly on Mikumo is pretty much like using a date rape drug right? And given Mikumo's true age, Roid is basically setting himself up to be an abuser of children.

:lol: Now you're gonna give people ideas.

This really does make me wonder how many episodes are possibly left in this series. It can't possibly end with episode 25, right?

Looks like it will end on 26.

Did I misunderstand something here(watching Raw only)? Because I just witnessed Hayate and Mirage blow a perfect opportunity to kill off the Aerial Knights while they're on foot. A volley of missiles. Forearm guns. Head lasers. Melee punch. You know, things that a VF can do. Nope. Nada. Nothing.

Facepalm

I just chalked it up to the Windermereans being lazy, rather than doing a good job in taking the things apart, he just had an extra strong support built for the VF-22; wonder if that thing could still transform.

Lazy on their part, or the writers? Any plane sitting for that long in a museum flat out flying off the pedestal is pure BS of the highest order. Unless they're basically codifying overtechnology as a complete bypass of every real-life requirement for mechanical systems to work (ie, lubrication, fuel, electricity, maintenance, etc) then the plane should be a completely lifeless hulk with nothing to keep every moving part from grinding itself into pieces. And if the plane uses nuclear reactive engines, that means they've had a pair of nuclear reactors sitting in their freakin' living room for however many years.

Like, literally, the last time I saw this type of thing done in a television show was an episode of Pinky and the Brain. If the writing has sunk to that level, I don't know if there's any hope for this show at all.

Edited by Chronocidal

According to the latest (and quite hilarious) episode of Macross Speaker Podcast the VF-22 was fly able thanks to the help of Berger.

This is the kind of scene you'd actually like to see in the show.

Just a 30 second scene with Berger telling Arad "I fixed it, she's ready to fly!"

Not much to ask for is it?

Did I misunderstand something here(watching Raw only)? Because I just witnessed Hayate and Mirage blow a perfect opportunity to kill off the Aerial Knights while they're on foot. A volley of missiles. Forearm guns. Head lasers. Melee punch. You know, things that a VF can do. Nope. Nada. Nothing.

Facepalm

With the exception of Bogue, it seems there's a mutual respect that's developed between the Aerial Knights and the Delta Squadron. Maybe they prefer to settle things in the air at this point. It didn't look like Herman and Keith made any effort to stop the escape either, but you could make the argument they didn't know Hayate and co. were in fact escaping.

Or maybe they were on break, I dunno.

Also

About the VF-31s arriving to make the rescue. Hopefully it'll be made clear how that happened either in the subs or next episode, but while we're in the dark might as well speculate.

I know this is a pretty long shot, but does this look at all like the Epsilon logo to you guys?

ixGBI9a.jpg

Didn't they say last week that the king had the 22 repaired to fighting condition? it wouldnt need fuel with the reactors the valks have, so if it was a mandate that the plane be maintained (And it wasnt dusty or anything, so its possible) then it could still theoretically fly.

Yes. More or less.

They "restored" it. Which pretty much meant it was flyable. Hence why I screamed "PLOT DEVICE!" last week.

Facepalm

It could have happened. Probably would have been a good idea. But...

...they jumped and didn't land in the cockpits. They were in remote slave mode so functionality may have been limited. But it shouldn't have taken them that long to jump into the cockpits and lay down some suppressing fire.

Simply put this is your answer:

Maybe they prefer to settle things in the air at this point.

With the exception of Bogue, it seems there's a mutual respect that's developed between the Aerial Knights and the Delta Squadron. Maybe they prefer to settle things in the air at this point. It didn't look like Herman and Keith made any effort to stop the escape either, but you could make the argument they didn't know Hayate and co. were in fact escaping.

Also

About the VF-31s arriving to make the rescue. Hopefully it'll be made clear how that happened either in the subs or next episode, but while we're in the dark might as well speculate.

I know this is a pretty long shot, but does this look at all like the Epsilon logo to you guys?

ixGBI9a.jpg

I would say the arrow is just a warning pointing to something the pilot uses in emergencies?

So this episode many should have been next week. They could have put the gearing up for the final conflict we're gonna get next week, and put some more detail into the Roid, Mikumo situation. Then we could have an even bigger battle with the Elision showing up after the escape. Then end the episode on absolute HELL breaking loose when Mikumo summons the head of the Bird Humans big brother.

so, did the bird human appear on Ragna? Appears that way to me at least. So, the SV is going back to Ragna.... final showdown will occur where the last showdown happened, hey, I think that means more reusable footage.

I also wonder why they haven't tried to just blow up the protoculture ruins that materialized; the first reaction warhead made those ruins appear, what would another reaction bomb do? Or just lots of conventional explosives...

Hmm I miss the times delta pulled off neat scenes in each episode .like when mikumo could pop out of the rubble in ep1, the scarfish cat, fast pack appearances, draken transformations, any scene with messer, Elysion shotgun move just to name a few..

Now I don't feel even surprised that mikumo is the wind singer clone...

And cmon we need an armored valk!!!!!

Hmm I miss the times delta pulled off neat scenes in each episode .like when mikumo could pop out of the rubble in ep1, the scarfish cat, fast pack appearances, draken transformations, any scene with messer, Elysion shotgun move just to name a few..

Remember when the Immelman dance was a thing

they jumped and didn't land in the cockpits. They were in remote slave mode so functionality may have been limited. But it shouldn't have taken them that long to jump into the cockpits and lay down some suppressing fire.

Yep. I would also have a hard time climbing into the cockpit when I'm busy staring back and smiling.

No. The three were about to be executed and the Aerial Knights didn't bat an eye. Also the 3 were also shot at. Did Any of the AKs try to stop any of the gunmen? No sir. AKs also seemed surprised to find out that there were Valks waiting below.

I'm positive Windemere would be content to see them die right there.

Remember when the Immelman dance was a thing

Ahhh, those were the days. I feel so old now... :p

Edited by Zinjo

For all their vaunted physical gifts, the Windermerean soldiers shoot like Stormtroopers chasing Han Solo.

Please screenwriter-san, please, could you kill Bogue? Pretty please? Why do you love arrogant childish characters so much?

For all their vaunted physical gifts, the Windermerean soldiers shoot like Stormtroopers chasing Han Solo.

Please screenwriter-san, please, could you kill Bogue? Pretty please? Why do you love arrogant childish characters so much?

This on so many levels!!

I was very worried when our heroes jumped off the cliff. It reminded me of the first time the blue haired boy jumped into the wind... it made me feel chilly! I'm glad they had a plan this time, it's not safe to just trust the wind to blow and save your life. Good thing the robots saved them. The robots and humans have developed a good relationship.

I would say the arrow is just a warning pointing to something the pilot uses in emergencies?

I was referring to what was on that blue colored screen. I highlighted it in the image.

Unless I'm missing something.

No. The three were about to be executed and the Aerial Knights didn't bat an eye. Also the 3 were also shot at. Did Any of the AKs try to stop any of the gunmen? No sir. AKs also seemed surprised to find out that there were Valks waiting below.

I'm positive Windemere would be content to see them die right there.

Obviously Keith and Herman aren't going to openly oppose Heintz, but considering the dialog it certainly seemed like they didn't want things to go down like that. Both pilots have developed a respect for their rivals in the air, and expressed those sentiments (especially Herman). When the heroes make a break for it, the knights don't do anything to stop them. It's pretty clear this is one of those "I can't release you, but if you somehow escape I won't stop you" situations. Bogue on the other hand - I'm pretty sure the only reason the guards were shooting at Hayate and co. (who were about to jump off a cliff anyway, seemingly making the bullets somewhat redundant) was because of what Bogue yelled.

I missed Biff being knocked out by the suddenly opening canopy, while Doc... no, sorry, wrong series.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that. This also gives me an excuse to re-link that GIF I made. (Warning, somewhat large size)

Also...

Looks like I was right - they put the singers in the place where the legs would normally be in a VF-22. Only wish I would have suggested that here before I got the subs (instead of just thinking to myself about it) 'cause then I'd look real smart now.

Then again, it's possible my subconscious picked out the word for 'legs' (and possibly others) from the Japanese dialog and figured it out that way. Sometimes I learn words without realizing I learned the words

Edited by Product9

Obviously Keith and Herman aren't going to openly oppose Heintz

Ketchup Boy wanting me dead is all motivation to end this quickly as possible. Thus, kill off anyone on that platform, maybe even destroy that castle but Mikumo might be in it. This is war. Anybody knows to use the advantage when presented.

considering the dialog it certainly seemed like they didn't want things to go down like that. Both pilots have developed a respect for their rivals in the air, and expressed those sentiments (especially Herman).

Herman said it was a shame because be the trio is going to die by execution, still expected them to die. Keith belittled Hayate because he lacked the killer instinct and shrugged off Hayate's last sentences like nobody's business, expected them to die, not a care in the world. If they wanted something else, say something. Deeper meanings are useless in these tense situations. This situation is a "I'll take what I can get. You die, I don't care how". Also Arad didn't get the memo that said: Wait, don't kill them, we need to kill them in the air!!! Any Respect? naw.

When the heroes make a break for it, the knights don't do anything to stop them. It's pretty clear this is one of those "I can't release you, but if you somehow escape I won't stop you" situations.

They didn't do anything because they Couldn't do anything. On foot, armed with rifles that couldn't stop a flying "museum" VF-22.

Bogue on the other hand - I'm pretty sure the only reason the guards were shooting at Hayate and co. (who were about to jump off a cliff anyway, seemingly making the bullets somewhat redundant) was because of what Bogue yelled.

Arad was shot at without instruction.

Arad was shot at without instruction.

Arad was shot at by the AA guns. He destroyed one emplacement in his pass, and the other returned fire. He didn't attack the knights (at least not directly) - the AA emplacement was above them and debris rained down after it blew up.

I was talking about what happened between Hayate, Mirage and Freyja and the Aerial Knights on the platform.

I'm pretty sure if Keith or Herman wanted to stop Hayate or Mirage they would have no problems. Fact is neither lifted a finger to stop them from escaping. But, like I said, the knights may not have realized they were actually escaping... not that I buy that.

Also, I wanted to reply to this:

Unless now slave-mode works without cable connection, wireless, long distances, via undetectable implant. Also, falling some 10 meters over a metal surface is not healthy either.

I'm also wondering how they jumped safely onto the VFs. I think the Valkyrie's AI probably includes functions that are designed to rescue people, such as reducing closing velocity and things like that. I mean, half a Valkyrie's job seems to be catching people these days.

I do hope they clear up how that rescue happened in the next episode. To be fair, people who aren't familar with Frontier wouldn't even know that they have something like slave mode (though it is pretty well established the VFs can fly on their own in Delta). Ex-Gear is barely even seen in Delta for that matter. Either those VF-31s were controlled remotely by someone else, or their fingernail computers summoned them somehow. Hayate didn't seem surprised at all when he noticed their fighters coming in just before he advised them to jump. I'm pretty sure that was the plan all along - I just really hope we get some more details because right now there are just a lot of questions

I do love that scene, though.

Edited by Product9

Arad was shot at by the AA guns. He destroyed one emplacement in his pass, and the other returned fire. He didn't attack the knights (at least not directly) - the AA emplacement was above them and debris rained down after it blew up.

You are right about the AA guns. However it doesn't change the fact that he was shot at.

I was talking about what happened between Hayate, Mirage and Freyja and the Aerial Knights on the platform.

I'm pretty sure if Keith or Herman wanted to stop Hayate or Mirage they would have no problems. Fact is neither lifted a finger to stop them from escaping. But, like I said, the knights may not have realized they were actually escaping... not that I buy that.

Herman said: "There is NO escape." How does that translate to "we're are not going to do anything if you try to escape". They didn't do anything nor said anything(on the platform) that could translate to: Hey, this is wrong, I rather kill you in flight like dueling gentlemen. How Is Keith and Herman going to stop 2 VF's? Like what I said before, they are at a disadvantage and Couldn't DO anything to prevent escape (after jumping off). How many times Bogue was trumped by higher rankings. Keith and Herman could easily backed down Bogue as they(everyone) did in this series, but they didn't. All because everyone expected them to die. Fact is that No one tried to stop anyone from jumping nor firing.