Tick, anyone?

no3Ljm

Surprise to learn there was a new The Tick series. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN5ZhMHslN8

The Tick (Amazon Prime)

In a world where superheroes have been real for decades, an accountant with zero powers comes to realize his city is owned by a super villain. As he struggles to uncover this conspiracy, he falls in league with a strange blue superhero.

Peter Serafinowicz - The Tick
Griffin Newman - Arthur Everest
Valorie Curry - Dot Everest
Brendan Hines - Superian
Jackie Earle Haley - The Terror
Yara Martinez - Ms. Lint
Kyle Catlett - Young Arthur
Joanna Adler - Dr. Creek

Edited by no3Ljm

Isn't there another thread on this? At any rate the trailer has me interested. I was worried about it when I first saw the Tick's costume and the actor does a good job - though I still miss Patrick Warburton. The old live action show was too cheaply done but the cast nailed it, especially Patrick.

• 3 weeks later...

I just saw the pilot episode and I hope that the do some improvements before it goes on. The costume made him look very light weight and the color along with lines molded in the suit make him look oddly old. The basic story is interesting, but it comes off kinda creepy instead of comedic. Maybe it's that some scenes kinda linger a bit long instead of getting to the point. If they make more I would probably still watch it.

• 10 months later...

I loved the original, oh so short, comic book. (I was the Chainsaw Vigilante for Halloween in high school) thought the cartoon was ok. Warburton was good in live action, but the suit and show let me down.

Personally, I think this looks awful.