Hasegawa SV-262 HS DRAKEN III

Darth Mingus

6 hours ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

So Hasegawa has 3 variations of the SV-262 released/announced, but only two VF-31s so far. Kinda odd? I guess?

Still, given that it is Hasegawa, I have confidence that they will do a full series of VF-31s in time. Including the VF-31E which Bandai for some reason seems to have decided to skip.

And seeing so many versions of the SV-252, and Hasegawa's past releases of the SV-51, it seems all the more strange that they skipped the VF-27 entirely. Model companies can be inscrutable...

Yupp... forecasting Hasegawa's future releases is like walking into uncharted territory. I'm wild-guessing they put the VF-31 and Sv-262 in the middle of the path as an attempt to keep up with the latest TV Series. Logical next steps might be (have been) YF-25 Prophecy, VF-25A 'Canon Fodder Messiah', Armor-packed VF-25F/S, Tornado-packed VF-25F/G... all these squeezing every penny out of the existing VF-25 molds.

However, I do reckon Hase has stepped up on the frequency of issuing new models.... my wallet feels it that way at least. 

Edited by ivorysniper

In stock now at HLJ. Box art looks awesome as usual !!. Lil' Drakens are an interesting subject.... wonder if Hasegawa will ever issue Frontier's QF-4000 series UCAVs

Capture10.JPG

Edited by ivorysniper

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Oh frakk yes, I love that scheme, and it's a Ba to boot! Definitely gonna get in on this. (EDIT: By the by, that's a May 31 release date.)

Re: the 1/48 VF-1 beneath it, was that out of production or something? I thought they always kept the VF-1 kits on a pretty consistent production rotation because of its popularity?

In case anyone else is interested, a quick translation of that area:

- YF-19 "Macross Plus" (Egg Plane); Non-Scale; June 7 release/June 10 retail; 1300 JPY
- VF-1S/A Valkyrie "Skull Squadron"; 1/48; July 12 release/July 15 retail; 3800 JPY
- VF-1 Valkyrie Photo-etched parts; 1/48; June-July; 2000 JPY
- YF-19 Photo-etched parts; 1/48; June-July; 2000 JPY

EDIT:

Has the VF-31F not been released yet? Which variants have now? I think... only the J, C, and A variants have been released? I don't think the VF-31 Super packs have been released?

Edited by kajnrig

Just now, kajnrig said:

Oh frakk yes, I love that scheme, and it's a Ba to boot! Definitely gonna get in on this. (EDIT: By the by, that's a May 31 release date.)

Re: the 1/48 VF-1 beneath it, was that out of production or something? I thought they always kept the VF-1 kits on a pretty consistent production rotation because of its popularity?

That specific one was OOP, yes.

Yay, a Ba that'll come with lil' Drakens and Missile packs! [I hope... thankfully I hadn't pulled the trigger on any of the Ba's that're on the gouging markets of the 'net]

Just now, kajnrig said:

Has the VF-31F not been released yet? Which variants have now? I think... only the J, C, and A variants have been released? I don't think the VF-31 Super packs have been released?

J, C and A... Looking forward to having the complete flight... good to see Messer's up [2nd best Fighter mode head, too bad it looks so buggy in Battroid] but do CHUCK'S NEXT Hasegawa! come on! we need more giant Ray-domes in our Macross collections! :D [Then some VF-171's please!]

it's also  :blink:  that it looks like we'll get a '31 with Drakens before Fastpacks...

Edited by slide

5 hours ago, seti88 said:

As per hlj desc, stand included.

As much as I appreciate Hasegawa attempting to provide a display stand for these, I've never understood why so many manufacturers seem hesitant to put mounting points in obscure locations so you can avoid the bulky cradle setups.

Best ones I've ever seen are the way Bandai does its Star Wars kits.  Simple plug mounts, and panels to cover the mounts if you don't use the stand.

I'm hoping Bandai does put out a Mirage 262 1/72 kit too though.  Much as I love a clean fighter kit, I really enjoy the assembly process for the transforming kits, and I'd love to mix and match some purple panels with the pearly Roid version. :) 

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

As much as I appreciate Hasegawa attempting to provide a display stand for these, I've never understood why so many manufacturers seem hesitant to put mounting points in obscure locations so you can avoid the bulky cradle setups.

Personally, I don't like holes or other mounting points as, however innocuous, they still result in an "off-model" model. Hasegawa have recently begun to bundle simple clear stands with some of their kits, and besides looking really nice, they also do their job without compromising the look of the kit itself.

6 hours ago, NZEOD said:

wait... is the movie different from the series?

much like DYRL is a re-interpretation/retelling of the events of SDFM I assume... and the Movie version vs. the 4-part OVA of Macross Plus

new tech, so more toys/kits, and a condensed and hopefully improved plot. Apparently that red Ba is Mirage's ... haven't seen it though, so I'm unaware of an explanation other than [Ork]"Red'ns go FASTA!":D

8 hours ago, NZEOD said:

wait... is the movie different from the series?

According to Japanese fans, the basic plot is the same, just super condensed. Spoilers for plot-relevant mecha details:

- Mirage hijacks a Ba and uses the insta-camo feature on it to generate this scheme. She uses it to help Hayate and Freyja escape Windermere.

- Reina I think hacks the drones and Messer uses them in his death fight against Keith.

- Chuck and Arad get Armored VF-31s. Pic in case you missed it:

DVj8IU0U0AAwE-E.jpg

4 hours ago, kajnrig said:

According to Japanese fans, the basic plot is the same, just super condensed. Spoilers for plot-relevant mecha details:

Hide contents

- Mirage hijacks a Ba and uses the insta-camo feature on it to generate this scheme. She uses it to help Hayate and Freyja escape Windermere.

- Reina I think hacks the drones and Messer uses them in his death fight against Keith.

- Chuck and Arad get Armored VF-31s. Pic in case you missed it:

DVj8IU0U0AAwE-E.jpg

Armoured??? Thats not armoured. Thats death blossom mode! Damn!!!

• 4 months later...

That same advert shows (picture is blown up 2x)

- Egg Plane YF-19, October

- 1/48 VF-1 photo-etched parts, October

- 1/48 YF-19 photo-etched parts, October

- 1/72 Reactive Armored VF-0S, November 9

- 1/72 VF-1S Lynn Minmay Guard, December 16

- 1/72 VF-31A Kairos, December 26

2018NRSP_Rs.thumb.jpg.e305b61c11242bf64534bdf33c911f64.jpg

On 8/28/2018 at 1:25 AM, no3Ljm said:

The Lil Draken's featured on this kit has some pop-up 'Signal Jamming' parts.

hs181102.jpg.6211af30f81cadc7456a926bb08373b5.jpg

... I'm definitely getting this one. The 'extra' feature on the Lil' Drakens adds interest, it omits the energy cannon (comparison details on below snips, from HLJ's link: hlj.com/product/HSG65846 and Hasegawa.co.jp). Worthy of mention: Hasegawa's price tags keep on climbing steadily. Hopefully, the exchange rates will help me out a little bit here.

hsg65846_0_1535358363.jpg

Capture12.JPG

Edited by ivorysniper

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Pretty!