Hasegawa SV-262 HS DRAKEN III

Darth Mingus

From Dengeki Hobby web:

ウィンダミア空中騎士団所属のドラケンⅢを、「白騎士」ことキース・エアロ・ウィンダミアの搭乗機でキット化。ファイター形態を完全新規金型で再現します。キャノピーは完全装甲化タイプとプロテクターを廃した透明タイプの選択式。また飛行状態と駐機状態を選択式で組み立てます。着座姿勢のパイロットフィギュアが1体付属します。

The Draken Ⅲ of Windermere air Knights affiliation, "White Knight" this and the kit in the aircraft of Keith Aero-Windermere. Reproduce the fighter form a complete new mold. Canopy selection formula for transparent type who have lost a full armored type and protector. Also assembled the flight state and tarmac state in a selection formula. Pilot figure of the seated posture comes with one body. (Google translate)

November 2016 - 1/72 Scale

243mm

3,600円

286.jpg

Edited by Darth Mingus

Yikes, November? I don't know which is more surprising, the fact that they're not doing the 31 first, or the fact that the Hasegawa kits are going to beat any of the DX releases by a month. :blink:

Either way, sign me up! I do hope it comes with optional wing panels to do the CF versions though, I don't think there are any other significant external differences.

Huh. Dunno where HLJ is getting this info from; anyone want to confirm?

EDIT: Probably the above Japanese press release?

The canopy can be built as the armored or clear version, and a pilot figure with two heads--helmeted and unhelmeted is included. The vector nozzle is movable, the intake and rear-mounted machine gun can be built with shutters opened or closed, there are clear nose and sensor parts around the cockpit, the landing gear can be built in flight or parked position, and parts are included to attach the completed kit to a flight stand (stand not included).

Edited by kajnrig

• 4 weeks later...

Ooooooooooo... :wub: pretty... I haven't watched any of Delta yet, but I think I'll grab at least one of these.

I'm not so keen on its gerwalk or battroid, but it's a very pretty fighter.

Ooooooooooo... :wub: pretty... I haven't watched any of Delta yet, but I think I'll grab at least one of these.

I'm not so keen on its gerwalk or battroid, but it's a very pretty fighter.

You are blessed, sir. And stay it that way. Just like the Valkyries as is and not which show they came from. :lol:

You are blessed, sir. And stay it that way. Just like the Valkyries as is and not which show they came from. :lol:

Harsh... maybe it's movie version will be better? :p:lol:

yeah... the Mecha are brilliant... the tech rocks, the characters are appalling and the stories are Child like and more like Beverly Hill 90210 or Melrose Place.

If they could get the Yukikaze writers to pen a Macross Story you'd have a winner!

The Prequel was pretty good, The YF19 vs YF21 story good too. The rest... no.

Huge boxart is HUUUUUUUUGE at All Japan Model and Hobby Show

Source: https://twitter.com/MasterFileblog/status/779134416295571457

LUvoXm7.jpg

So what will be your choice for painting the gold? :D

EDIT: GOOOOOOOOOLD

https://twitter.com/hobbylink/status/779153405029658626

Edited by TMBounty_Hunter

yeah... the Mecha are brilliant... the tech rocks, the characters are appalling and the stories are Child like and more like Beverly Hill 90210 or Melrose Place.

If they could get the Yukikaze writers to pen a Macross Story you'd have a winner!

The Prequel was pretty good, The YF19 vs YF21 story good too. The rest... no.

Crap....I was liking these fighters so much I went ahead and bought the first volume of Delta on BR. Pretty expensive too. I thought I remember reading people weren't digging it too much. :(

Chris

Interesting to note, that last tweet seems to mention the Hasegawa VF-31 is due next spring.

Also if you add the :orig tag to the photos you get the full res and these are big enough and in focus so you can see all the gritty molding detail. This Draken seems like it will be a great build.

EDIT: Looking at the painted model it seems the gold was painted first and the blue on top. I seem to have constantly been told not to mask metallics since that might mess them up and/or not be a good base layer for another color.

It also seems to me that putting the gold on after the blue would be a much easier masking job, so why did their in-house painter do what he did? D:

Edited by TMBounty_Hunter

you dont mask the metalic so much as the Gloss sealer coat over the metallic. Some metallics are crazy prone to blemishes from fingerprints, tape, staring too hard at it. But once its had a sealer coat its fine. Then you do the blue over the top of that

Laying the gold first means you can lay a super smooth black gloss base layer, then the gold, then the sealer, then the blue then the final sealer

I'm only at about the half way point, and it has it's cool moments with the Mecha...buuuut they aren't as prolific as we might like..and a LOT of fighter mode so far, not much robot..and LOTS of singing girls... :mellow:<_<:wacko:

Lots of fast forwarding for me...

Edited by NZEOD

• 2 weeks later...