Valkyries Third Sortie - and it's in English!

Tochiro

So has anyone that has pre-ordered from HLJ received a payment request yet?

My pre-order and item page at HLJ say October 2016 Release now instead of September before and people here are already getting the book in their hot little hands.

Argh!

So everyone is totally into Macross book collecting and is getting this one right? No need for more pictures?... ^_^

hehe! looks like it! I was even considering getting a second of this book so I can pull the book apart and separate the pictures but keep one minty fresh! ^_^ but that's another $70 (aud) so I thought to hell with that idea.. :rolleyes:

So has anyone that has pre-ordered from HLJ received a payment request yet?

My pre-order and item page at HLJ say October 2016 Release now instead of September before and people here are already getting the book in their hot little hands.

Argh!

My order at HLJ says October as well. I'll ship the book with my HMR CF VF-1A or my HMR VF-1J Max. I can wait because either way it will be be a nice package.

that sucks.. gee im glad I didn't cancel my order with Amazon in favor of HLJ! and to think I was only one mouse click away from doing so then decided I'd stick with them..

I don't see why they would delay shipment of the books till October unless they didn't get any or enough stock to supply all the pre-orders.. unless they underestimated how popular it would be and didn't allocate enough? im guessing of course..

Edited by spanner

Although comprehensive, it is definitely not complete....I collect these books (well, all Macross books really... :) ) mainly because they contain Tenjin's illustrations for most of the Hasegawa boxart.....Macross kits are among the few things I stopped collecting years ago....the other being the "official" movie releases.....well, at least before they made the correct move of adding English subs.....most of Tenjin's illustrations for the various recent releases are in the book....one notable omission (for me at least) was his VF-1J illustration from Macross the First.....luckily I have the calendar! The same goes for most of the other art in this book, which I already have in the form of the original source of either posters, artcards, postcards, or magazines.....nevertheless is it great to have many of it arranged in one fantastic, easy to thumb through book!..... ^_^

Looking forward to the fourth sortie!

Also, from what I can tell...there were no Tenjin Macross Chronicle illustrations in this book...so I guess if you need more Tenjin Macross illustrations you'll need to keep buying Macross Chronicle magazines...bring on V 3.0! (runs for cover!)

:rolleyes::blink:;)^_^

gallery_12176_640_333810.jpg

gallery_12176_640_193856.jpg

gallery_12176_640_14539.jpg

gallery_12176_640_350775.jpg

gallery_12176_640_101512.jpg

gallery_12176_640_52266.jpg

gallery_12176_640_216032.jpg

gallery_12176_640_143279.jpg

gallery_12176_640_82110.jpg

gallery_12176_640_188570.jpg

I have not received a payment request for this yet at HLJ. It shows as an "in stock" item now.

Same here... I just hope it doesn't go to backordered like it did for my VF-4 Masterfile book (which thankfully is sitting in my Private Warehouse awaiting this one)

received my book! had a quick scan through and so far what I've seen looks deliciously wonderful! :good: Can't wait to get home, sit down with a nice cup of coffee, a few chocolate cookies and gaze at all the beautiful artwork! :D​

Make sure you don't spill coffee and cookie crumbs on that gorgeous book, Spanner. ^_^

Yeah, same here. No payment request yet from HLJ.

Make sure you don't spill coffee and cookie crumbs on that gorgeous book, Spanner. ^_^

Yeah, same here. No payment request yet from HLJ.

hehe! yeah I kept the coffee cup a good whole meter away while gazing at the pics! :lol: very nice art work! :wub: sadly no chocolate cookies left to enjoy it with.. -_- we had those really nice soft & moist Cadbury ones but some other selfish person gobbled them up while I was at work.. <_<

very strange from HLJ.. I wonder what they are up to with that? :huh: Hope they get you guys orders sorted soon!

I like the view of hayate in the 31 open cockpit and in gerwalk mode looking up at the 31s gun and charger. That angle I like but I do wish that it wasn't a charger at the back of the 31 heh...

And an admitting it.. I bought hase's gerwalk kit because of tenjin-san's box art! Am glad it's in this book but I rather cut it out from the box than the book and frame it lol..

Edited by seti88

Wow...Congratulations Gwyn, Adrian, and Renato (and now I finally know Renato's last name!), this is an outstanding achievement!!

They are true Macross fans that are giving back to the fandom. And to boot, they are doing the english subtitles for Delta!

What a time we are living through, who would have ever thought I could go get a Macross book and watch the latest Blu-Ray and not wait for a translation.

You guys rock, THANK YOU!!! (and your speakerpodcast is awesome too)

EVERYONE PLEASE SUPPORT THESE PROJECTS!

Shawn

Although comprehensive, it is definitely not complete....I collect these books (well, all Macross books really... :) ) mainly because they contain Tenjin's illustrations for most of the Hasegawa boxart.....Macross kits are among the few things I stopped collecting years ago....the other being the "official" movie releases.....well, at least before they made the correct move of adding English subs.....most of Tenjin's illustrations for the various recent releases are in the book....one notable omission (for me at least) was his VF-1J illustration from Macross the First.....luckily I have the calendar! The same goes for most of the other art in this book, which I already have in the form of the original source of either posters, artcards, postcards, or magazines.....nevertheless is it great to have many of it arranged in one fantastic, easy to thumb through book!..... ^_^

Looking forward to the fourth sortie!

Also, from what I can tell...there were no Tenjin Macross Chronicle illustrations in this book...so I guess if you need more Tenjin Macross illustrations you'll need to keep buying Macross Chronicle magazines...bring on V 3.0! (runs for cover!)

:rolleyes::blink:;)^_^

gallery_12176_640_333810.jpg

gallery_12176_640_193856.jpg

gallery_12176_640_14539.jpg

No picture posting until the book is out of print. We must respect Big West's profit margins or there is no point in producing more Macross.

Nice anecdotes for each of the illustrations, but would have also liked to get translated notes at the end where the other mecha designs were.

Edited by Zinjo