Valkyries Third Sortie - and it's in English!

Tochiro

For fans of great art - Valkyries 3rd Sortie has been announced! And it's in Japanese AND ENGLISH!

That's right, an official Macross publication in English!

This has gotta be a first, or something!

Preorder now! \(^o^)/

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4334902154?ie=UTF8&camp=1207&creative=8411&creativeASIN=4334902154&linkCode=shr&tag=00-11-22-11-00-22

So what exactly is this then? A book with pretty pictures, info, or both?

It has both the box art and regular paintings from Tenjin Hidetaka, who did most of the mechanical drawings for both Frontier and Delta. I have the Second Sortie book. The pictures are amazing in it.

It doesn't look like anyone else has it yet for pre-order Spanner. I live in Abu Dhabi and I was able to order form Amazon Japan and have the items shipped to my US address. Eventually though regular Amazon will have it available, hopefully for pre-order. They may be just behind the power curve on this one.

Edited by grigolosi

anyone got any ideas where else to find this to pre-order? yes surprised its nowhere to be found on HLJ..

I preordered my copy from Amazon Japan..but you said it didn't work for you?

spanner, you should be able to pre-order from Amazon JP. I just put in my pre-order just then shipped to Australia (also threw in some gaming items too).

Just make sure to pre-order through the AmazonGlobal portal.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/b/ref=agbhqpEN?node=3534638051

Hey thanks for that eggy99! B))

You sparked up my suspicions that I did already have an Amazon account and after a little investigation sure enough I do! I must have previously ordered something from them a while back and completely forgotten about my account! :rolleyes:

Was registered with an old unused email address but I was able to update certain details and pre-order the book! Neeto! :D

From HLJ:

Dear Xxxxx,

Thank you for writing. We are accepting pre-orders for the inquired book now! http://hlj.com/product/KOB90215

Thank you for shopping with HobbyLink Japan!

Best Regards,

Xxxxxxxx Xxxxxxx

HobbyLink Japan

http://www.hlj.com

bloody typical.. <_< I wonder if I can cancel my order with Amazon as I'd rather order through HLJ to be perfectly honest.. but if I cant then I guess its no big deal. They both have them listed for the very same price.

FYI the shipping from Amazon JP via the global portal was VERY cheap.

I ordered the book, a game controller and PSVita grip and shipping was ¥1804. I believe they only use EMS.

Spanner - cancelling your preorder should be no problem. I did it because I ordered the wrong gaming item so had to cancel the whole order and reorder the items again to get combined shipping rate. :p

Edited by eggy99

FYI the shipping from Amazon JP via the global portal was VERY cheap.

I ordered the book, a game controller and PSVita grip and shipping was ¥1804. I believe they only use EMS.

Spanner - cancelling your preorder should be no problem. I did it because I ordered the wrong gaming item so had to cancel the whole order and reorder the items again to get combined shipping rate. :p

yeah I did notice their shipping was quite cheap compared to the last Master File I purchased from HLJ anyways.. so I thought I'd just keep my order with Amazon. ^_^

Woohoo!!! Thanks for the HLJ link to pre-order.

Hmm, I pre-ordered the VF-4 Masterfile book too, but it just went from pre-order to backordered - does that mean I didn't pre-ordered it early enough for the first rounds or should I contact HLJ? Should I worry? It says Backordered 4-6weeks?

Hmm, I pre-ordered the VF-4 Masterfile book too, but it just went from pre-order to backordered - does that mean I didn't pre-ordered it early enough for the first rounds or should I contact HLJ? Should I worry? It says Backordered 4-6weeks?

I'm in that same boat...

Same boat here, wm cheng. I'm just waiting until they restock and get email for payment request. This is the second time I placed an order that says backordered. I think it's better than the one that says sold out. ^_^

What other items can we order from amazon Japan and have them ship it.

Are items that are fulfilled by Amazon qualify to shipped overseas

If you use the Amazon Global portal link I posted earlier it will only show you items eligible for international shipping.

Hey wm cheng, backordered from HLJ is still safe. As long that there's the 'Order Button' it's pretty safe that they could still get the item for you. And just to let you know that I just got a payment request email earlier from them for the VF-4 book, so it's good to go. ;)

are the other two Valkyries art-books still in-print?

or should I start scouring ebay/etc. for them?

are the other two Valkyries art-books still in-print?

or should I start scouring ebay/etc. for them?

It's more of a question of how soon you really need it? Usually at HLJ, when it's just say Backordered or Out of Stock, but the Add to Cart button is still available, there's still a high probability that they can fulfill your order. But if that area is already grey and no more Add to Cart button, then you can look for somewhere else. Like sh9000 said there's still available at CDJapan. But if you're going on an eBay route make sure thay you're going to get the good price and not overpriced. Remember those books are still available in Japan so to get them at eBay for overpriced, then just get the ones from HLJ and wait for their confirmation emails. Hope that helps. ;)