Mission 19: Eternal Songs  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (Mikumo story time!)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (This show feels like it's going on for an eternity)

Welcome to the Macross Delta Episode 19 Talkback Thread

Guidelines:

• Macross Delta episode file requests, file offers or any audio/video sharing links of any kind or format are not permitted anywhere on the forum except by Boinger in the iMacross thread. This is 2016, not 2007. They know about us and how the 'Net operates now. This includes, but is not limited to BitTorrent files/links, YouTube, Nico, related video-sharing or video streaming site links, File sharing links, full audio soundtracks, etc.. Any user-post in violation of this rule will be deleted without notice. Repeated offenses may result in a ban. DISCUSSION ONLY. Send a PM to Boinger with a link to the file to be added to iMacross.
  • This thread only covers the episode listed in the subject. Do not post comments about another episode not covered by this thread. (i.e. References are OK, but do not post a critique about episode 1 when this thread covers episode 999).
  • This thread(s) is about current episodes only. Please reserve mecha talk and news talk for their respective threads. Do not cross-post.
  • Please reserve all talk about future episode spoilers for the News thread.
  • Do not ask when an episode will be aired or released (this includes fansubs).

Raw files will be release shortly after broadcast. Subtitled versions will be released when they are ready.

• Please use spoiler tags for the first 24-hours after an episode airs. There will be consequences if you don't
New episode threads and polls opens Sundays, 9:00AM EST/6:00AM PST (22:00, i.e. 10:00PM JST), 30 minutes BEFORE the broadcast.

Broadcast schedule:

Sunday: Tokyo MX, 22:30 JST

Monday: TVQ Kyushu, 26:30 (2:30 AM) JST

Tuesday: MBS, 27:00 (3:00 AM) JST / BS11, 24:00 (midnight) JST

Wednesday: d anime store, 12:00 JST / TV Aichi & Television Hokkaido, 26:05 (2:05 AM) JST

(Broadcast times subject to change, Check listings.)

Berger comes over to Chaos presenting his theories while Roid does the same for Keith.

Berger thinks Songs are a weapon going over humanity's history with Minmay, Sharon Apple, Fire Bomber, Sheryl and Ranka. Guess he didn't watch George Yamamori's movie. It is likely some stuff about the Mayan island incident isn't on record or not fully declassified even after more than 50 years. He further speculates that the Protocculture made it so they can control the galaxy with songstresses. Berger also speculates Mikumo is an android. This is both a Macross Musiculture and Macross 30 reference. Human have the technology for artificial life they are called Cyberdroids. In Macross 30 Mina Forte not having all her memories wonder if she is some biological android created by the Protoculture.

Roid gives his theory why Windermereans are heirs of the Protoculture. Windermereans are fundamentally different from Terrans due to their Runes. Their Runes act more like Fold Quartz. This makes them special among all the other races created by the Protoculture. To him Wind Singers are proof of it.

Any mecha action?

As Red Wolf said lots of flashback stuff, mostly stills and the rest is Recapping Roidberger summing up the last 18 episodes and the reasons why Roid is doing what he's doing.

Any mecha action?

No, but lots of flashbacks .... and a new space ship... presumably a hospital ship. Subs for this episode is a 'must have'.... and they might come later this week, as GG will be out.

Hospital Ship (Macross Delta)

Edited by ivorysniper

YF-29 AND Frontier TV ending? I thought those two things were incompatible.

Serious nostalgia. I gotta admit when the Frontier music started playing I got kind of excited... Not sure why that one got me over the others. Guess I liked Frontier even more than I realized.

Also, is Mirage surprised at the Mylene reveal or am I misreading that scene? I know the whole Macross 7 incident was sort of covered up based on what we saw in FB7.

Seriously looking forward to seeing this one subbed. Interestingly, I just mentioned in the Mission 18 thread that I felt like it was time for me to watch all the previous episodes of Delta to get ready for the last few. I didn't mean for this recap to happen, I swear...

YF-29 AND Frontier TV ending? I thought those two things were incompatible.

Serious nostalgia. I gotta admit when the Frontier music started playing I got kind of excited... Not sure why that one got me over the others. Guess I liked Frontier even more than I realized.

Also, is Mirage surprised at the Mylene reveal or am I misreading that scene? I know the whole Macross 7 incident was sort of covered up based on what we saw in FB7.

Seriously looking forward to seeing this one subbed. Interestingly, I just mentioned in the Mission 18 thread that I felt like it was time for me to watch all the previous episodes of Delta to get ready for the last few. I didn't mean for this recap to happen, I swear...

Kawamori sort of implied that both tv and movies were sort of in universe retellings of those events, which is actually an awesome idea in a way. Although in case of SDF and DYRL movie it was stated somewhere that main story is from the tv series, while the visuals are taken from DYRL as basis for future series, and then they throw in the Protoculture city on Earth as a thing in Delta.

Not so much surprised, she just named the sound force group being mentioned, and Berger added "ah, yes, your grandparents were the leaders of that Colony, and your aunt was a member."

To me it felt as if though Berger was fishing for any kind of information on Mikumo, which tells me that it was Xaos itself that found Mikumo in the first place, as any other side would've leaked information all over by now. The novelization also brings in one of Macross 30 characters as a head researcher, and the other girl in the main triangle there was Mina Forte, a protoculture girl woken up from stasis, in before Lady M is her.

I find it particularly amusing when Roid tells Keith how Hoina and Mikumo can't really sub for Heinz, because they don't have the Wind Song, I absolutely can't wait to see Roid's face when Mikumo belts out Aura Sala at full force, remember how Mikumo was humming it because it just kept coming back to her back in episode 6.

I find it particularly amusing when Roid tells Keith how Hoina and Mikumo can't really sub for Heinz, because they don't have the Wind Song, I absolutely can't wait to see Roid's face when Mikumo belts out Aura Sala at full force, remember how Mikumo was humming it because it just kept coming back to her back in episode 6.

I can't wait to see everyone's face when it turns out Heintz was just singing the Doctor Who theme all along

My suspicions about Lady M's identity.

Now Berger said after Space War 1 Lady M began the study on the power of song. Now this narrows it down to a Space War 1 veteran. It can't be Misa or Minmay since they went missing with Megaroad-1. I don't think it is Milia as she was pretty much a pilot and didn't rise through the ranks like Max did. I don't think its Jamis Merin certainly.

One possibility given Kaos is a private entity is Shammy Milliome. Why Shammy? She was part of Global's inner circle. Her family survived being on the Moon base. She later married a rich guy and she had 11 kids.

But the one I'm thinking most likely is that Lady M isn't a person but an organization. As in Project M that was a secret military project in trying to recreate what happened with Minmay despite what some higher ups at Earth thought Minmay was a fluke. Project M chose Basara as their candidate. It was so secret they had Gamlin's hard drive wiped when he was snooping how Basara got a VF-19. This eventually led to Sound Force, Jamming Birds and the Milky Dolls. All Tactical Sound Units.

Edited by RedWolf

Now Berger said after Space War 1 Lady M began the study on the power of song. Now this narrows it down to a Space War 1 veteran.

To the bitter end, I will maintain that Lady M is Dr. Gadget M Chiba in drag.

OMG NOSTALGIA ATTAKU!!!

HELL YEAH!

If you would have told that Wanna Be An Angel from would ever again be used in a Macross series I would have pronounced you a madman on the spot.

I think Kawamori-san threw a juicy bone there to the old school fans.

At this point, I'm not sure they have much budget left. They could also be short on time. I'm kind of wondering what the 2nd half would look like if they took a break after episode 13 and started again in the Fall/Winter.

Hell, Reina and Makina don't even have the budget to move: https://twitter.com/MacrossTweet/status/762338125037187075

Hell, Reina and Makina don't even have the budget to move: https://twitter.com/MacrossTweet/status/762338125037187075

They will animate Makina's breasts before animating her legs. The priorities man! Will be lucky if they animated Reina doing anything. Actually, when Bogue gets surprised by Reina's holograms in ep 17, I was like whoa they animated Reina doing something again! Woo!

Edited by SuperHobo

Now Berger said after Space War 1 Lady M began the study on the power of song. Now this narrows it down to a Space War 1 veteran. It can't be Misa or Minmay since they went missing with Megaroad-1. I don't think it is Milia as she was pretty much a pilot and didn't rise through the ranks like Max did. I don't think its Jamis Merin certainly.

One possibility given Kaos is a private entity is Shammy Milliome. Why Shammy? She was part of Global's inner circle. Her family survived being on the Moon base. She later married a rich guy and she had 11 kids.

Macross the First had Gina Bartrow as the replacement for the Chief Engineer from the TV series. You know, the fishnet stocking lady.

Edited by Einherjar

Spoiling myself a little since I haven't seen this yet, but I'm just gonna throw this out there.

Myung.

She was pretty clearly involved with the research that made Sharon Apple's songs have the effects they did, and "after Space War I" is vague enough to have occurred anywhere after the first series, really.

I want to think they're throwing in references to Macross City's near takeover for a good reason.

It could very well be any number of people though. I want to think an organization is less likely than an individual, but there's a whole lot of people with first names starting in M. :lol:

Edited by Chronocidal

As much as I don't like Berger, I want his pipe.

I was surprised that Mirage was surprised about that whole Fire Bomber thing. I don't really understand much of whats being said due to lack of subtitles so maybe she was surprised over something else? If not maybe Millia and Max both drove their children so far up a wall that Miranda left home and settled down at the edge of the galaxy to be as far away from her parents as possible and also in the process losing touch with her siblings. And Mirage probably not too interested in an old rockband but occasionally listening to their music never knew her aunt was a member because her mom never told her?

Now Berger said after Space War 1 Lady M began the study on the power of song. Now this narrows it down to a Space War 1 veteran.

There's also Mao Nome if we're talking about survivors of SW1. Everyone assumes her demise with the 117th expeditionary fleet, but that has not been confirmed?

But that brings up the question what she's been doing all this time.

I wouldn't waste this much time trying to figure out who Lady M is. I don't think she's terribly important much like the Minmay locket. Just there. Doesn't serve much more than that.

Quick-viewing. This is your exposition episode. All talk explaining how we got here with Minmay to Walkure.

-At least Voldor doesn't have to worry about the ruins and Windermere anymore.

-Roid's explanation? Yeah, still not buying it. It's too Windermere-centric. Somewhere along the way, it's going to come out that it was just Protoculture playing darts and just using Windermerans as a test.

As much as I don't like Berger, I want his pipe.

I was surprised that Mirage was surprised about that whole Fire Bomber thing. I don't really understand much of whats being said due to lack of subtitles so maybe she was surprised over something else? If not maybe Millia and Max both drove their children so far up a wall that Miranda left home and settled down at the edge of the galaxy to be as far away from her parents as possible and also in the process losing touch with her siblings. And Mirage probably not too interested in an old rockband but occasionally listening to their music never knew her aunt was a member because her mom never told her?

Hey buddy we've got kids on this site. :lol:

Could be transgender Max.

And the spacegoing SDF-1 is either missing the carriers, they're very well-painted to match the rest of the hull, or the whole thing is artistic license circa 2067.

It's missing the arms (or ARMDs). Meh, artistic license for a flashback. It was basically a 5-minute recap of the franchise. Meh.