1/24 Freeing E=X Garland

seti88

In fact I was wondering if it's just a statue, but then I saw the vehicle mode displayed in front of the display tag so it's either a toy or kit.

However I would go with the former as I don't recall the freeing name tossed around in the kit biz.

I can't remember where did I see this earlier. And I'm not 100% sure. But the site that I stumbled this upon says it's a 1/24 model kit(?). Though it's weird since some of the pics says on the tag it's non-scale. Anyways, I'll have to find that page tomorrow since I browsed it at work.

Anyone here know what else Freeing has put out? Man, I'm lovin' all of this 1/24 scale love lately!

As per ebay/amazon listings its been more on the figma/statue slant of various anime.

Figma colors look nice with detailed shading schemes. They have a few motorized vehicle toys which look a little plasticy, but not too shabby.

My very quick search revealed perhaps the single figma + robot toy...ie..the sky girls...https://www.amazon.com/Sky-Girls-Sakurano-Figure-Freeing/dp/B00Z8FHA8C/ref=sr_1_168?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1469526615&sr=1-168&refinements=p_4%3AFREEing which doesnt look too bad...

I can't remember where did I see this earlier. And I'm not 100% sure. But the site that I stumbled this upon says it's a 1/24 model kit(?). Though it's weird since some of the pics says on the tag it's non-scale. Anyways, I'll have to find that page tomorrow since I browsed it at work.

Yea i did see the 'non' word on the dsiplay tag but tag hobby lists it as a 1/24. On whether its a kit, i still thk it would be more of a toy based on all the search results i hit, they didnt seem to have kits.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 7/29/2017 at 8:59 PM, SuperHobo said:

Kind of want one because I never thought anyone would make a garland from part III. There's something about the super exaggerated proportions in robot mode that  I love. 

It's Obari af.

• 1 month later...

My gods, what world do I live in right now where's 3 perfect transforming garland toys up for preorder? 

Amiami's price at 23750 yen doesn't seem too crazy for an 8 inch tall transforming robot. Good to see there's some diecast in it because there's a lot of thinness going on in this design. I'm tempted to preorder, but I never handled one of Freeing's transforming figures outside of the figmas they sculpted. I never handled their getter robos because they look kind of awful and fragile. Ironically, I haven't seen any reports of anyone breaking their transforming getter robos. Will see, if reviews are good I'll end up breaking down and pick this up. 

7 hours ago, arbit said:

I think there's a correlation between the number of new Garlands and my need to have one! But if I had to choose, Arcadia is the most trustworthy. 

I think I would go with Arcadia as well from what I'm seeing. I could swear I saw a clip of one of the girls on the bike. Too bad they couldn't sculpt one of them to go with it.

I hope the final product won't be as loose as in that transformation video. The thin parts I'm not too worried about, thats just how this design is in spots and the proper use of plastics and diecast should eliminate any worries. For now I'll wait for a few reviews before purchase, maybe even wait to see what Arcadia can do with the design since I doubt this will sell out quickly.

So so tempted to get this, since I've wanted one since I first saw Part III, but it really does look too fidly in the video.

This is Freeing, right? And Freeing is listed in those Figma pics showing that they're going to be making MOSPEADA ride armors and BGC motoslaves. Can we assume that they'll be in the same scale, then, or are the latter likely to be in Figma scale? I know we don't have any real info here, but anyone have any thoughts?